1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stone Enjoy by 4.20.13 IPA?

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by sandiego67, Mar 15, 2013.

1. BeastLU

BeastLU Advocate (530) Virginia Dec 20, 2012

States getting it??

2. Per the link:

Alaska 03/21/13
    Colorado 03/20/13
    Las Vegas, NV
    Missouri 03/20/13
    Sacramento, CA 03/20/13
    Washington 03/20/13
    City or state not listed above? Vote now!

3. BeastLU

BeastLU Advocate (530) Virginia Dec 20, 2012

Excuse my laziness, was viewing on smart phone. Casted my vote!

4. I'm sure many people just want this newest batch for the bottle itself.

5. Fluteswell

Fluteswell Savant (260) Maryland Feb 15, 2011

I'm gonna enjoy something else on 4/20.

EConnOG, Bonis, tbryan5 and 31 others like this.
  6. They got the color right on this thing's label

7. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (695) New York Dec 2, 2009

the more they release this the better. it's a great beer, and it actually does make "beer culture" better by highlighting freshness and sort of pressuring other breweries to guarantee freshness by getting more consumers to understand its importance.

KhakCane, fmccormi, ElGallo and 2 others like this.
  8. phooky

phooky Savant (420) New York Jan 23, 2010

I love it but it's too expensive for a regular purchase.
    Put it in 4pks and I will buy it every chance I get.
    I still see 4.01.13 all over Brooklyn.

fmccormi likes this.
  9. kirbmeist

kirbmeist Savant (350) Florida Mar 16, 2012

Come on Floridians vote so we can get down too.

LuisQ and rc51sport like this.
  10. FIFY

11. I've only had the 4/1/13, is each batch basically the same beer? Or has it changed at all?

12. The hop profile has changed slightly batch by batch but not dramatically.

13. SteelersX

SteelersX Savant (420) New York Jan 30, 2011

Officially the most overhyped beer on the planet.
    How about just making sure Ruination is fresh or do they just not care.

14. Too expensive? How much in NY? $6 in AZ and yes, cases sat around here for quite some time too...

15. Squiggy

Squiggy Aficionado (215) Michigan Feb 18, 2013

If someone comes across some extra 4.20.13 and wants to make a trade, let me know.

16. phooky

phooky Savant (420) New York Jan 23, 2010

It's been at least $10 everywhere I've seen it in Brooklyn.

dar482 likes this.
  17. BlakeAM

BlakeAM Savant (260) Illinois Nov 6, 2011

Damn, we haven't had this in Illinois for a couple of months. Would love to see it again.

18. Vote up Michigan and Illinois!

19. Binny's had some in schaumburg and Lake Zurich last time I was in the area (2 weeks ago)

20. Moose90

Moose90 Savant (430) Colorado Nov 25, 2012

$8.99 in CO, just found some.

21. wobblepop

wobblepop Aficionado (120) Colorado Nov 16, 2008

what date?

22. quindog

quindog Aficionado (215) Colorado Mar 11, 2010

CO - 4/20/13 is here now. CO hasn't gotten any Enjoy by since Enjoy By 11/xx/12 if I'm not mistaken. Selling fast so get to your local store!

23. Moose90

Moose90 Savant (430) Colorado Nov 25, 2012

...4.20.13, came off the truck this morning.

24. Had a 4.20 last night and I gotta agree. Don't get me wrong, it's a great beer but not worth $9/bomber and isn't better than a fresh Stone IPA or Ruination.

25. SteelersX

I will agree for sure. My experience was a little different. I flat out didn't like the beer but I know a lot of people that did so it's just my taste - I thought it was soapy tasting.
    But aside from that - put out fresh Ruination and I'll pay for it.
    $29.45 would be the cost for a six pack at that bomber price - - Really? an absolute joke.

Stone knows how to get people to pull there pants down and bend over.

"I am a Craft Beer Drinker" Ha - I guess

26. Pahn

it would be "overhyped" if people didn't completely love it when they actually get it.

ruination isn't the best and it is indeed hard to find fresh (despite all the very open attempts they've made over the years to buy back / obliterate old stock), but stone are amazing with a lot of their hoppy beers. some of the anniversary beers--and enjoy by--i'd rank up there with VT breweries and better CA and OR brewpubs and such.

KhakCane, Hoptimus-Prime and jrnyc like this.
  27. SteelersX

Sure - if you want to pay the equivalent of a $30 six pack for an average IPA.
    Stone has learned the FFF art of "brew it hype it and they will buy it"

28. Pahn

i'd be on the same page with you if i thought beers like lagunitas sucks were on par with enjoy by, or maybe if i lived in odell's distro area so i could get myrcenary... but i think in a lot of distro areas, your only options for hoppy beers that good are stone special releases, sierra nevada special releases, and some local heroes like (the even more overpriced) maine beer...

i don't know. i really think the best stone is a notch or two above the other country-wide IPAs. it doesn't matter if you can regularly get pliny, or drake's (not sure how often beers like aroma coma come out, but it whips enjoy by's ass), or VT beers like heady, HF, and mayyyyyybe bullshit like wachusett larry (though i'd say sucks is better)... but if you're in most of the USA, enjoy by is a real treat and worth the premium i think.

+ the whole "ENJOY BY! FRESHNESS!" shit should catch on, and it will only make other breweries IPAs taste better.

fmccormi and GetMeAnIPA like this.
  29. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Savant (385) California Nov 7, 2011

Going to "Enjoy" this one !
    [​IMG]

30. BlakeAM

BlakeAM Savant (260) Illinois Nov 6, 2011

wait Binny's Schaumburg had it two weeks ago? I know a guy who works there and he told me they hadn't seen it in months. Stone's website has a distribution list and Illinois hasn't been on it in awhile. I bought a few bottles of Old Guardian a couple of weeks ago from them... that would if I missed out on some Enjoy By

31. A more Danky batch then?

BaltimoreBeerGuy likes this.
  32. I didn't go to the schaumburg one but while i was at the LZ one i was told schaumburg had it as well. It was an older release, not the last one but the one b4 it. Cant remember the exact date I was supposed to enjoy it by but it was still decent a couple weeks later. I was actually there looking for the O'so beer with the hop cone in it. Turns out both had the O'so one but oit was a bad batch... no hop cone...why would I buy it without the cone. Anyway I heard they had it. Hope you find it, its decent but nothing super special.

33. What an obnoxious website.

34. MacNCheese

MacNCheese Initiate (0) California Dec 10, 2011

Too expensive? It's like $5.50 a bomber! Enjoy by is a fantastic deal for a DIPA (per ABV)!

dianimal, KhakCane and SDJason like this.
  35. $5.50 isn't a bad price at all...some places sell it for up to $8 or $9. Thats a little steep.

36. Like what? Work? Quilt? Get a head start at church?

37. Fun fact - they're not too distant relatives, both in the Family Cannabaceae
    And I don't think it's any coincidence that WA and CO are getting some.

And in the midatlantic it's been ~$7/bomber, same as Ruination.

legend8706 and JohnnyMc like this.
  38. dar482

dar482 Advocate (670) New York Mar 9, 2007

Not in NYC. It's for $9-11 here. Hell, you're crazy lucky to get it for $5.50.

dianimal likes this.
  39. I don't think they're related. I tried to smoke porter before. It doesn't even light up.

M_C_Hampton and ChitownSpartan like this.