1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stone "Enjoy by 5.17.13" announced!

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Hoptimus-Prime, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Sam_E

Sam_E Aficionado (175) Ohio Oct 11, 2012

nice this is #3 for Ohio

2. lic217

lic217 Savant (470) Connecticut Aug 10, 2010

Could not agree more with this.

Sucks is one of the best deals out there.

jchoffman, MrDave and Charlie_Hoss like this.
  3. lic217

lic217 Savant (470) Connecticut Aug 10, 2010

Although if I can I will be buying one bottle because it was quite delicious.

4. Awesome avatar! Lol

Ristaccia and Sam_E like this.
  5. beerindaglass

beerindaglass Savant (300) Florida Feb 20, 2013

That's what I'm taking bout Jack! Pretty sure my Florida Vote put us over the top.

6. Don't be happy until you have one in your hands... haha

7. Yeah it's not easy to come by, but damn I want to get some.

8. Totally want an empty 4-20 bottle. Help!!!

ressling and Hoptimus-Prime like this.
  9. At least the third time around for NJ - 9/21/12 and 12/21/12 - isn't it?

10. probably, i never tried to get it before really

11. yeah this will probably go really quick, gonna have to light up the telephones for the local shops up here since they're so spread out lol

12. Glad this is coming to MA again!

13. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (525) New York Mar 7, 2010

Interesting.. I've been drying myself out since April 1st and plan continuing this until May 4th. That would be a nice way to celebrate my return into the drinking world.

Hoptimus-Prime likes this.
  14. Second release in a row that misses their home country. I guess this is somewhat mitigated by the fact there are two company stores in the area as well as the brewery.

15. Age it for a year

16. You can get a 4/20 pint glass. Instead of "devastatingly fresh" it says "devastatingly dank" on the back. More unique than an empty bomber, IMO. I think they are $3.00 and $10.00 for shipping.

17. There's pretty fresh Sucks on the shelf here. Not as fresh as Enjoy By is (because nothing else out here is that fresh), but right now I can get bottles that are only a few weeks old. While I don't know that they've announced it, it seems like it's already gone year-round out here. I've seen batch releases spread more than a month apart.

18. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Advocate (650) Virginia Jan 27, 2013

This has me super excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hoptimus-Prime likes this.
  19. Is Sucks any better than Lagunitas' regular IPA? I tried it once and was really disappointed.

20. Yes.

21. Except Sucks last batches are over a month old now where they lose their piney edge and become maltier and boozier.

22. As the Fresh Beer guy, i gotta try this but the closest is a 2hr. drive + cross the border and it always seems to be released on a weekday :(

One of these days...

23. Hey- Looking forward to this. Haven't had a problem in the past finding mucho of "Enjoy By". Had a Sucks last night, with the 065 Julian date. According to my Lagunitas guy, that was the last batch of the season. He didn't mention the quart bottles at all, only referring to "later this year" for the next run.

24. Does stone vary the recipe for each enjoy by release, or is it the same beer for all?

25. I'm assuming the recipe for this brew doesn't change? I had either the first or second batch (possibly even the third, don't quite remember), and all I got from it was an oniony taste. I've tasted the same flavor in only a few other IPA's, and don't care for it. I don't know if it is a certain hop or what, but after reading the reviews, nobody seems to mention the flavor I'm referring to. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or am I crazy?

26. Jeremy6566

Jeremy6566 Savant (270) Arizona Jan 10, 2013

I was just going to say the same.

Also, I hope that we see the same allotment of Enjoy By this round that we had with 2/15. There was plenty of it around and I think I went through almost a case of it picking up a couple bottles a week.

27. Jeremy6566

Jeremy6566 Savant (270) Arizona Jan 10, 2013

I've had at least one from four of the releases and I haven't picked up on any onion flavors. There was a little earthiness to it. FWIW

28. rgilbert

rgilbert Savant (295) New Jersey Jul 4, 2010

I'll be hitting up Montreal from May 9-12. Granted this is close to 5.17.13 but I can try to bring up a bottle.

29. ressling

ressling Savant (270) Georgia Oct 26, 2011

Stone rocks. Enjoy By rocks. I still need to finish my last bottle of Enjoy By 4.01.13!!! Past due past due!

30. Yes this is # 3 for NJ, hope to get 1-2 bottles

31. That'd be awesome. Message me if you can otherwise no worries.

32. over a month old! the humanity!

/the cold storage ones are tasty still.

33. Serious question:

Are we going to start a new thread everytime Stone releases this beer?

jmgrub and Charlie_Hoss like this.
  34. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (640) New York Mar 21, 2010

Hopefully!

beerindaglass likes this.
  35. Nutwood

Nutwood Savant (405) Kentucky Jun 30, 2012

Had my first taste of this, on tap, last month with the 4.1.13, it was top-notch the first week and still very good 3 weeks later. It was interesing to taste it several times, I could actually detect the fall-off as time passed. Thus the name, as they say.

36. I guess I just don't get it. It's the same beer with a new date on the label. I understand that it's targeted at new areas (at least that's my understanding), but I wonder why a new thread is needed every time the same beer gets released to a new area. Shouldn't that get posted in the regional forums?

37. What do you mean by this? What happened? I voted for MD in all the ways possible, with all my e-mail accounts and my twitter (MD hashtag). I got some at Max's (Frisco's, Victoria's and Mahaffey's got kegs too, and a few places got bottles but I'm not sure where). Now, I am on the list to get notified when bottles come in though. I want a bottle to keep.

38. BadJustin

BadJustin Savant (265) New York Dec 18, 2010

IDK why Upstate NY (Syracuse region) gets the bone every time. Pretty butt hurt about that one, I "enjoyed" the 4/1 release and heard that was sub-par to the previous ones.

39. WOOT WOOT MINNESOTA! Still wishing the Enjoy by 4/20 had come here, partially for other reasons than just drinking the beer

40. Hitler's birthday, right?