Stone Enjoy By 9/20/14

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by MaltLickyWithTheCandy, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopdaemon39

Hopdaemon39 Initiate (0) Dec 27, 2011 New York

Is it in New York yet? Almost always enjoy bees ones but have noticed some ere better then others. I don't think it's the same recipe every time but please correct me if I'm wrong!

2. kevb08

kevb08 Initiate (0) Oct 18, 2013 Pennsylvania

Saw it was being released in MD this time. I will be in Ocean City all weekend. Anyone have any idea if it is anywhere around here?

3. Geuzedad

Geuzedad Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2010 Arizona

I heard we are getting Kegs here in AZ. Hopefully I will get some of this as my B-Day is 9/20 and I cant think of a better brew to drink in celebration.

4. jwjon1

jwjon1 Savant (1,134) Jan 14, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Swing by Stateline on the way down? Definitely there--just picked up a few.

5. zeff80

zeff80 Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,891) Feb 6, 2006 Missouri
    Pooh-Bah Society

Not surprising that 4/20 had the most dankness. {insert pot joke here}

neenerzig likes this.
  6. StoneGreg

StoneGreg Initiate (0) May 16, 2002 California

It has been the same recipe to the 99.999%-tile.

7. neenerzig

neenerzig Pooh-Bah (2,851) Feb 15, 2006 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society

Drinking a bomber of this right now. It does seem mild and laid back, not that I am minding that at all right now. However I do feel a bit odd saying that being that this is a Stone beer afterall!

Eric

8. Possumjenkins99

Possumjenkins99 Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2013 Ohio

I need to find several bottles of this! I'm getting married on 9/20/14

9. ecworks

ecworks Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2014 California

Pickup a bottle at Hansens in San Clemente, Ca. Good but the normal peach, piney, aroma bubble was not as pronounced as in previous releases. Flavor was a little muted also.

10. gshak

gshak Savant (1,186) Feb 20, 2011 Texas

Sipping on it right now, taste is the same as I remember it always has been - like an amped up two hearted. If you notice differences, then more power to you.

11. gshak

gshak Savant (1,186) Feb 20, 2011 Texas

Congratulations, but I notice the irony of Enjoy By 09/20/2014, so maybe it's not a great idea to let your SO see those bottles ....

12. vitALEity

vitALEity Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2010 California

I absolutely notice differences with each release. Major differences in fact. It's hard to believe some people say that don't notice difference. I agree with, "well 4/20 had the most dankness. then 7/4 seemed to be more "oniony". 8/16 seemed less so but still garlic.". The 9/20 is quite different then any others (Ive had ever one that has been released in CA). In fact, I can almost guarantee the generous use of New Zealand hops this time (Nelson, Motueka likely). In the past it was obvious mosaic and citra. (note: These are the hops I notice coming forward, I know there are several others used). I find the 9/20 to be a lot less blueberry/sweet fruit/oily/vegetal and a lot more flowery/tropical. Definitely more kiwi, guava and pineapple. There is still some "onion" there but its not off putting like in the past. I really like this 9/20. Needs more resiny dankness as its pretty dry, but I really like the fruity notes in the hops.

13. Scipio3

Scipio3 Zealot (538) Mar 11, 2014 Ohio

Bought three.
    Drank one already.
    Tasted the same as all the other releases.

Awesome.

14. putonyourwalkingshoes

putonyourwalkingshoes Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2013 California
    Trader

And so it begins! Another Enjoy By Forum comparing and coming back to 4/20 being the best.

LambicPentameter likes this.
  15. Coorsy

Coorsy Pooh-Bah (1,718) Jul 11, 2014 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Im upset to say i have not. Around me ive only seen the enjoy by 7/04/14 and that was like 2 weeks ago lol. Needless to say i passed. Made me wonder if they were holding on to the new releases until that stuff sold. Which would be a terrible idea because for us beer geeks, whos going to buy the one thats past its date when they know the new one is out? lol

-xICooRsYIx

16. Nick_tennant4700

Nick_tennant4700 Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2014 Ohio

First time I've had one, and I thought it was phenomenal. Bought a whole case after I drank the first one I picked up.

17. Terptwerp

Terptwerp Aspirant (263) Sep 3, 2014 North Carolina

I had it last week out of a bottle and it was as good as I remembered it. The other day I had it on draft at Duckworth's in Huntersville and it was better than I remembered. I wish that this beer was available all the time and not just periodically.

18. Pzellot

Pzellot Initiate (0) Nov 17, 2012 California

is expensive.

19. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Pundit (998) May 13, 2014 California
    Trader

I FULLY believe that they are not the same. I've had them all very early after their release. Had many of them on tap. 4/20 was amazing, 7/4 honestly sucked and I poured it out. 8/16 was tolerable, but still not good. I'm not even sure if I'm willing to try the 9/20 version, because I've been so put off by the last 2.

20. LambicPentameter

LambicPentameter Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2012 Nebraska

I would refer you to the Stone blog, where it lists out the 11 hop varieties (Calypso, Super Galena, Simcoe, Delta, Target, Amarillo, Motueka, Citra, Cascade, New Zealand Nelson Sauvin and Australian Galaxy) that have been used in every Enjoy By release, but it seems like we have an even better source available on this thread.

I'm curious what you think of this post:

Heck, I'm curious to know what everyone who is convinced that each batch is different thinks of this post. Because I interpret that to mean every release of Enjoy By is as identical to every other Enjoy By as is realistically achievable when brewing different batches of the same beer. And I have a hard time believing that an operation as successful and professional as Stone is unable to normalize their beers from batch to batch.

I love me some Enjoy By, but as great a beer as it is, the marketing behind it might the smartest in the industry right now. Buy Enjoy By because it's delicious, not because you have to taste this "version" of it. And if you're pouring any of the batches out... well, that's just insanity.

Sesmu, Scipio3, scotorum and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.