1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stone/Iron Fist/Ken Schmidt Mint Chocolate Stout sightings?

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by bifrost17, Oct 27, 2012.

1. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Hey people, I know I'm the king of these "sightings" threads....sorry if it's annoying, but yeah, here's another one! Has anyone seen this beer around the Seattle area yet? I've been looking but no luck yet.
  2. Kopfschuss

Kopfschuss Advocate (520) Oregon Aug 19, 2009

Just had it in Portland so perhaps it is on the way up. Made a killer stout float with it the other night that was tasty. Good luck in your search.
    djbreezy and bifrost17 like this.
  3. bifrost17

4. bifrost17

Anyone seen any yet?
  5. I was at Chuck's and Total Wine (Tukwila) earlier this week, and didn't see it at either location.
  6. bifrost17

Damn! I'm tired of waiting for this one to show up.
  7. I haven't seen it yet either.
  8. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,015) Washington Sep 18, 2010

Some guy in Virginia bought two bottles when he was supposed to buy only one, so we'll be lucky to see any up here.
  9. Spaceloaf

Spaceloaf Aficionado (215) Oregon Nov 27, 2008

I'm kind of surprised that the distribution for this one seems to be so low. If I remember correctly, the last collab with the macadamia nuts was all over the place for months. This time, some places have bottle limits. I wonder what gives.
  10. APreacher

APreacher Savant (260) California Jun 6, 2012

Limited amounts in Southern CA as well. Maybe the chocolate mucked things up which hindered the volume of final product.

If anyone has extra Dissident and wants to trade 4:1, BM me.
  11. Picked one up at Belmont station today
  12. djbreezy

djbreezy Advocate (510) Washington Dec 16, 2008

I like how he had to disclose it to the internet to get it off his conscience. He's definitely going to hell.
    bifrost17 likes this.
  13. sukwonee

sukwonee Advocate (535) Washington Dec 13, 2011

I need some! I haven't see it anywhere around Seattle or Bellevue yet though.
  14. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Savant (330) Washington Sep 11, 2011

Full Throttle just posted that they have it. So it is arriving.
    bifrost17 likes this.
  15. bifrost17

16. Got two tonight.
  17. bifrost17

Where at? How much?
  18. Bottleworks gets their beer shipments on Wednesdays but sometimes it changes and tonight they have a lost abbey event so call before you go down. I would not call before 3 or 4pm to give time for the shipment to arrive to the shop. If you call around most places will tell you when they expect it to arrive, good luck. I tried it at gabf and it was very interesting but I cant see drinking a lot of it.
    bifrost17 likes this.
  19. Aleforme

Aleforme Savant (305) Washington Nov 26, 2008

Morgan just posted it's available at the Beer Junction! 4 Bottle Limit!

Damn, wish I liked Mint..... and Stouts.
  20. bifrost17

Does anyone know if this still on shelves anywhere around town? I managed to get two bottles, but damn this beer is so awesome. I'd really love to find some more.
  21. I saw some this weekend at Fred Meyer in Kirkland, of all places.
    66jzmstr likes this.
  22. All over Tacoma...
  23. bifrost17

Thanks for the tips dudes.
  24. Also found there were four-packs of Fremont Abominable in cans, as well as Elysian's Men's Room Black Imperial Ale, which is supposedly an imperial black red (?) ale at 8%.
  25. I bought one bottle a week or so ago. I have to say that it tasted exactly like a thought it would - a Thin Mint. I enjoyed it but not sure I'd want more of them unless it was with a chocolate dessert.
  26. bifrost17

Bump.....Hey dudes, sorry to bring this up again, but I just opened my last bottle tonight. I know a lot of people weren't big fans of this beer, but I really love it. I'd love to get my hands on a couple more bottles. So has anyone seen any around the Seattle (King county) area lately? I'm willing to drive...haha gotta find some more!
  27. I've heard about this beer in legends of portland brewfests. It sounds amazing.
  28. bifrost17

I absolutely loved it, seek it out if you can. Tastes like a liquid Andes mint.
  29. Got it a while ago so i don't know if it'll still be there, but i picked some bottles up in Pete's Wine Shop in downtown Bellevue.
  30. Yeah this beer was awesome. Shared some with my family on Thanksgiving. Hope it makes it up here again.