1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Stone Vertical Epic event at Falling Rock

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by scrob, Dec 8, 2012.

1. scrob

scrob Zealot (75) Colorado Oct 19, 2010

On 12/12/12: Vertical Epic on tap going back to 3.3.3 as well as some barrel aged versions. Been waiting for this!

2. Boozledooz

Boozledooz Initiate (0) Colorado Jul 8, 2011

Is anybody going to this? Wouldn't mind checking it out this afternoon, but nobody to go with!

3. gueuzer

gueuzer Savant (270) Colorado Jun 9, 2010

Great tasting at FRTH today. Cheers to the Brothers Black for squirreling these away for use to try.

Personal favorites were the 04 and 08 with the 05 being a close third.

joshclauss likes this.
  4. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (315) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

Totally concur. Really happy to have been able to do this so I didn't have to go to a tasting party and look skeptically at everyone who brought an old bottle that didn't stand up over time. You can feel pretty confident these were kept well. My favorites were 7, 9, and 10, in that order. I'm not sure which were the barrel aged versions outside of the 9.

5. quine

quine Savant (260) Colorado Feb 15, 2011

The two flights at my table were both arranged wrong (every single beer in my flight was out of order, but in a seemingly nondeterministic way), but we collaborated with each other, tasting notes, and the table next door to figure it out! Besides that mixup (which was actually enjoyable to solve), great event!

6. Was definitely a good time, did the tasting downstairs and the beer pairings with the food were well done. Excellent food as well!