Stoneface releases new batch of Hopulization

Discussion in 'New England' started by Stinky-Dinkins, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stinky-Dinkins

Stinky-Dinkins Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2013 New Hampshire

Didn't see a thread on this yet, I am buzzed though so I might've missed it.

Stoneface - the best NE brewery [in my opinion] of the last couple years by miles (although Trillium is up there as well) has just released another batch of their "limited" DIPA - Hopulization.

And it's fucking superb.

This shit is right up there with the top-tier VT stuff, and I love my ass some HT/HF/etc. If you're in NH you gotta check 'em out, it's worth a trip from Mass., VT, or Maine as well. Their regular IPA is also stellar, as is their porter (growler only).

[​IMG]

Delicious.

Davl22, JakerLou and Msudukie like this.
  2. Piels25

Piels25 Savant (1,010) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

I am going to second the post from @Stinky-Dinkins. I'm hoping there will still be some available this weekend.

3. fistfight

fistfight Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2006 Massachusetts

Is this seeing distro?

4. MVP09

MVP09 Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2012 Massachusetts

Where can Stoneface be found in NH? Retail stores?

5. brewdoc

brewdoc Devotee (399) Feb 20, 2006 New Hampshire

Brewery only release. As of twitter update this am still had 60 cases available. Worth the drive. I think this second batch even better than the first a couple of months ago. They just continue to impress.

6. Stinky-Dinkins

Stinky-Dinkins Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2013 New Hampshire

You can find their regular brews (IPA, Red Rye, APA) in the usual retail stores in NH (the Beer Store, CBC, etc.) but they're gathering a larger following now by word-of-mouth and now stuff like their IPA moves very quickly (last time the Beer Store got it in it was a single bottle per customer deal and it was gone right away). Red Rye can be found more easily. The Hopulization, as already mentioned, is brewery-only.

Auror likes this.
  7. BRYeleJR

BRYeleJR Pundit (995) May 18, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

I was lucky enough to be passing through on Saturday, and I stopped at the brewery to pick some Stoneface IPA and Hopulization as well.

A friend in our group had been before, but it was my first time there. The crew at Stoneface couldn't have been more hospitable, pouring us samples of the IPA, the Stout and Hopulization, and even the Rye (even though it was only in bottles). They were completely out of the APA when we were in there.

Really enjoyed all the beers I had. I'm usually not a huge fan of ryes, but I really liked the one I had as well. The IPA, which I've had once before, and Hopulization certainly stood out for me. I picked up six of each. They're in 16.9 oz/500 ml bottles. I think the price was $5.5 on the Stoneface IPA and $7.5 on the Hopulization and with a mixed case discount of $5, it came out to $73 total.

Had both again yesterday from the bottles I got. The Hopulization is incredibly drinkable at 8.9%, and is certainly the best DIPA I've had from NH. The IPA is a very good beer as well, and I wish it were closer at such an affordable price point. My only regret? Not picking up more.

(TL;DR: Stoneface IPA and Hopulization are awesome beers made by cool people and they're not very expensive. Go buy them).

ElGallo, Davl22 and T-RO like this.
  8. ElGallo

ElGallo Pooh-Bah (2,233) Sep 26, 2009 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

I must say, having these guys in my backyard is pretty effn' sweet. Great beer. Great people. Homer approved.

9. Cmain

Cmain Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2013 Massachusetts

Gary's in Portsmouth pretty much always has the IPA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.