1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Stopping through Chicago

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Stevedore, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Stevedore

Stevedore Poobah (1,010) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Driving back to Wisconsin from the Detroit area (I-94W and then I-39/90W) after the New Year's. Been searching around a little bit, I'll probably stop by FFF as I usually do. But I'll probably have some time to stop through Chicago to search a bottle shop or two. I've thought about Binny's South Loop as that's a short trip off the Dan Ryan, but if possible I'd like to find out if there were any excellent shops off of I-294 as that allows me to cut through the downtown traffic a bit. And if there are any such bottle shops that have some good limited releases that I can try, tips are definitely appreciated!

2. Docrock

Docrock Advocate (510) Illinois Jan 21, 2012

Binny's also has a shop essentially at the intersection of 355 and 88 (downers grove). You can just jump right back on 355 North up to 90 west and continue on. Really good selection but can't comment on any limited items sice I haven't been there in the last week.

buzze40 likes this.
  3. buzze40

buzze40 Savant (315) Illinois Mar 9, 2010

Docrock is wise.... thats your place

4. Stevedore

I see the one on Butterfield Rd. It's not that far out of the way which probably makes it worthwhile. What about the one in Willowbrook? IDK, are all Binny's created equal? I've only been to the North Clark and South Loop Binny's.

5. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Absolutely not.

6. Docrock

Docrock Advocate (510) Illinois Jan 21, 2012

They are not all equal. After the two downtown Downers is probably the next best. They all get different supplies as well. Don't know the rhyme or reason but it seems like they like to keep people guessing. DG was the store that got 300 Westy 12 bricks. Stopped by last night and if you are a fan they had several cases of Night Stalker and Big John.

7. Stevedore

I'll keep an eye out for those. Anyone been to South Loop lately? Knowing what they have would make a difference in which store I'll stop off for. Otherwise I'll go to DG.

Thanks for the helpful advice guys!

8. Stevedore

Ended up snagging some goodies- Big John, BCBCS, Daisy Cutter and a few other mainstays I don't have access to in WI. And a few others for friends. Much thanks.