1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Stout BIF - Hints & Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by bbpro47, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Infinite ISO.

2. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (495) Washington Nov 12, 2011

Packed it all up last night, should be ready to go early next week

3. +1000

4. Ok since Jeb was not my sender and I messed that up. I going with Calcnerd as my shipper.

5. Smurf2055

I think I was just extra'd a 2013, now I don't know if I should drink it or keep adding to it :/

Also that new Abduction sounds bomb :0
    Like I said previously in this thread, Pipeworks fucking rules

6. DBijnagte

DBijnagte Savant (250) Minnesota Dec 7, 2012

I have a growler of Pipeworks coming my way on Sunday, super excited!

7. RayUF07

RayUF07 Advocate (635) Florida Sep 22, 2012

I'll be shipping close to the end of the window, but my target should be happy I did. Waiting on a want to arrive and another should be want that will be released soon.

8. DBijnagte

Not sure... there could be some confusion in our texting and if that's the case I'm guessing I'm getting bottles.

9. atoulouk

atoulouk Savant (400) Indiana Apr 25, 2011

I think it's probably a 2012. They brew it in 2012 and release it around Christmas time at the 4 Elf party, but a lot of times it doesn't hit distro until January/Feb because the distributors wont give it to the stores until they've sold a certain amount of 1,2,3, and 4.

10. Smurf2055

He says it is the newest batch, and he lives in Michigan. Damn you Dark Horse for not putting a bottle date!

11. atoulouk

atoulouk Savant (400) Indiana Apr 25, 2011

Either way, it's the same vintage as the 1 I sent you in the stout series as I picked up in February, whether to call that '12 (when it was brewed) or '13 (when it hit distro) I don't really know. lol

12. calcnerd

calcnerd Savant (430) Pennsylvania Oct 26, 2009

I can neither confirm or deny.

13. Ohsaycanyoubeer is my sender (I think)

14. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

Seems Ohsaycanyoubeer has forgotten about this post! Did anyone ship to him yet? I remember him saying he received a package, but I don't know if it was his Stout BIF box or not.

15. Looks like StoutSeth shipped around that time and nobody else said they got a shipment. I'd guess it was to Ohsaycanyoubeer

16. jakeox

jakeox Initiate (0) Illinois Dec 15, 2012

Yep, he received a box. Hopefully he's not still at Hunahpu!

17. BruceBruce

BruceBruce Initiate (0) Texas Dec 4, 2011

Work forced me to not ship until Monday this week, but I am still going to EAT

18. MADPolo

I dropped him a message to check.

19. atxdelivery

atxdelivery Savant (255) Texas Aug 28, 2010

My box was great, my sender hit some great wants, cant wait to share these with my buddies.

20. DBijnagte

21. RayUF07

If anything, this BIF got great responses.

22. jakeox

jakeox Initiate (0) Illinois Dec 15, 2012

My boxes are out. Or at least sitting in a FedEx Kinko's until they put them on a truck.

I'm going to be a little sad when this is all over, though. When's the reunion?

23. RoninTK3

RoninTK3 Savant (300) New Hampshire Nov 12, 2012

Another BIF, different style of beer perhaps?

24. DBijnagte

A locals only BIF?

25. RayUF07

I'm down for another.

26. I've done those before, and they are amazing. I'd totally jump on another. Especially if I get a sender from, I don't know, Wisconsin or the suburbs south of Chicago...

27. jbdpsu82

jbdpsu82 Savant (430) Pennsylvania Aug 28, 2012

Let me know if/when the packages are delivered. Scheduled delivery for today, but after "Destination scan" over weekend, status hasn't been updated. Hope they didn't get intercepted! :eek:

28. What a great birthday present:D

Had a bomb dropped in my driveway!!! What a packing job..holy shit, it was like trying to break into Fort Knox. Thank you very much I'm blown away and yes I agree bourbon makes everything better. I'm looking forward to trying the Dark Intrigue.

pics to follow

29. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also got a pint glass from Appalachian Brewing Company (sorry no photo) put it right into the dishwasher since it was ready to be run

Thanks again jbdpsu82! Really looking forward to trying these. Is the KBS a 2012? I could not find a date code

I drank one of the Troegs Scratch Beer 83 Impending Descent. It went great with dinner

30. jbdpsu82

Actually the KBS is a 2011. Hope you enjoy the beer. I know you get Troegs there, and that's the primary local brewery for me. Did what I could!

31. The Big Gruesome. Man i gotta try that. and KBS one day. Awesome box.

32. Damn yeah. Sweet box from the newb. Those Troegs Scratch beers are tricky to find, which sucks, because they're usually awesome.

33. calcnerd

I was at Troeg's last weekend and they didn't even have any there :(

34. jbdpsu82

They just released an Irish Red Scratch beer. They said until Nugget Nectar "season" is over they won't be focusing on many scratches.

35. calcnerd

Yea that was pretty much the focus when I was there. Nugget nectar as fresh as you can get it was amazing. I saw one of the brewers when I was there and tried to talk them into a BA version of flying mouflan. Didn't get an answer which could be good or bad...

36. jbdpsu82

Did you get a chance to try their barrel aged Troegenator? It was INCREDIBLE! Loved it. I was also told to be on the lookout for a Splinter release notice sooner rather than later.... Just an FYI.

37. calcnerd

Nah didn't get to try it. We got there and there was some huge party there that bought about 100 flights of beer. They decided they didn't like anything other than the pale ale so they were literally SHOVING flights down our throats. Had my fill of Javahead, Dopplebock, Nugget Nectar and a few others for free. Pretty awesome day.

38. jbdpsu82

I love working down the street from it. Any time they announce something that sounds good I can run right over on lunch and partake before the crowds.

39. MADPolo

Nice box!