Stouts for winter!

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Lukie, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Lukie

Lukie Savant (435) Australia Jun 16, 2007

I stocked up on a few stouts for the winter season. Has anyone else nabbed anything good they are holding for the colder nights (even though over East, it is always cold... sooks).

Have some Brooklyn Choc Stout, Beer Geek Breakfast, Beer Geek Brunch Weasal put away at this stage.

2. mulder1010

mulder1010 Advocate (605) Australia Aug 29, 2008

Good stuff to have for winter.
    My favorite time of year and have some fun stouts to open this winter

3. I drink stout year round and it's anything from Invalid to Rasputin. Looking forward to Wild Thing again though.

4. CellarGimp

CellarGimp Savant (475) Missouri Sep 14, 2011

Don't sit on coffee stouts. Especially expensive ones made with weasle turds. The turd flavor drops out.

5. danieelol

danieelol Advocate (585) Australia Jun 15, 2010

Judging by how crap this summer was it will probably be scorching all winter

Either way I'll probably drink mostly IPAs anyway

Coffee stouts never go astray though, I particularly like Peche Mortel and Beer Geek Brunch Weasel

Haven't yet tried the normal Beer Geek Breakfast

6. mulder1010

7. MordeciaFunk

MordeciaFunk Savant (270) Australia Feb 14, 2012

Like a good little squirrel, I've been slowly hoarding over summer. I have some Bear Rep Big Black, Epic Epicurian, Old Rasputin (on tap at the pub soon too, yay!) and thanks to Mr Kennedy, some Wild Thing will be winging it's way to me. I've got some Guinness floating about the house too, but thats for watching football (round and oval ball).

I have some Fullers Porter and some Haandbryggeriet Costa Rica too, but thats slightly off topic...

When Nail release their Clout, I will have some of that. Is this the genesis of our Western Australian tasting night Lukie?

8. Lukie

Can't wait for Clout to make the landing. No Costa Rica left (can't drink it anyway, contains lactose). I also forgot to grab more Akevitt Porter... man that is amazing stuff!

9. mulder1010

Perth throwing down the gauntlet???????

10. dansmcd

dansmcd Savant (435) Australia Dec 19, 2010

I don't have any special stouts stashed away, just some Rasputin and Disputin. However, I have been sitting on a Westy 12 since last year which won't see out 2012. It will be opened on a cold night this winter.

11. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Advocate (655) Australia Dec 29, 2006 Verified

My stout selection is looking pretty bare, been getting through quite a few over the mild summer.

Have a De Molen Rasputin, some St Ambroise and Courage off the top of my head.

12. Did a lot of trading over summer and have some real nice stouts for the winter:

Kate
    Black Tuesday
    Dark Lord
    CBS
    Hunahphu
    Parabola
    Ivan The T
    Gooose Island Rare
    Goose Island Coffee
    Speedway
    Mother of All Storms
    Abacus
    Abyss
    Darkness
    Eclipse

I sure hope its a long winter !

13. Lukie

Can I have them all?

14. 1 x Cantillon Don Quijote is all it would take

15. Lukie

I don't have that :(

How about some Dry Dock instead? I hear it is all the rage at the moment.