1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Strip Club Crawl

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by RedMedicine, Sep 11, 2012.

1. RedMedicine

RedMedicine Savant (340) Oregon Jun 3, 2005

2. RedMedicine

RedMedicine Savant (340) Oregon Jun 3, 2005

P.S. link is NSFW.

3. AleWatcher

AleWatcher Advocate (720) Illinois Jan 25, 2009

I gotta be honest-- Redhook isn't really much of a draw for me... I visit strip clubs often enough as it is, and I see no way that Redhook would improve my experience.
    GottaTickemAll and MarkIntihar like this.
  4. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,100) California Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

I'm with AleWatcher on this. Personally, I'm not that much of a strip club connoisseur, as they all seem pretty much the same to me, at least in terms of the "talent" on hand. However, I can see where this might be fun if there was going to be a lot of different or unusual beers to sample at the different venues. However, if the beer attraction for this is redhook.... I'm really not sure what the draw would be for something like this.
  5. leedorham

leedorham Champion (835) Washington Apr 27, 2006

Any crawl that doesn't include the Rainbow Tavern in Spokane, Washington is unacceptable. It is hands-down the finest gentleman's club in the United States.
  6. I thought the "duct tape" rumor was a joke...until I saw it first hand. There are some things you just cant unsee.
    leedorham likes this.
  7. leedorham

leedorham Champion (835) Washington Apr 27, 2006

It says a lot about a strip club when they don't need a bouncer.
  8. John_M

Here's a review of the Rainbow Tavern in CitySearch:

seedly little biker bar with ugly used-up strippers. hole in the wall biker type bar. some nights you can find an has-been stripper (think too old/ugly for deja vu anymore) dancing in pasties and a thong, who will ask if you want company for the price of buying her a drink. bartender is friendly

Woaaaa!!!!! Color me an exreme shade of green with envy!
    Boz12 likes this.
  9. We thought seriously about going on this ('we' = me AND wife), but changed plans because a friend invited us to her son's high school football game (he's a star DB & kick returner) and drinks after. Otherwise, we were going...

I know of at least one other time Brewvana/New School teamed up for a Strip Crawl before this... we'll plan on going to the next one...
  10. John_M

Really?

I like to think I have a sense of humor,

http://alldeadmormonsarenowgay.com/

http://www.nk-news.net/extras/insult_generator.php

but I just don't get the attraction of doing something like this. I don't even want to speculate on the reaction I'd get from my girlfriend if I suggested we do something like this.
  11. Yep, really... she's mentioned a few times that going a strip club sounded OK to her, and having an agenda like this (beer, schedule, friends, male/female group) would be something she'd be interested in. Price ($35) doesn't seem bad, either... it just happens to fall on the wrong night for us this time around...

Brian

PS (Ezra or Ashley: if you're reading this... post a date for a future Strip Club Pub Crawl whenever you have one... :) )
  12. TheNewSchool

TheNewSchool Disciple (70) Oregon Oct 6, 2011

Just saw this. I have to admit I am not a strip club goer myself but most of my friends are and getting together with a bunch of couples and doing the last strip crawl was a lot of fun. As Brian mentioned this is our 2nd crawl and the first one women on the bus actually outnumbered dudes by 1. It was almost all couples.

As RedMedicine said, to each their own.
  13. boMD

boMD Savant (315) Oregon Feb 8, 2009

My wife likes going to strip clubs more than I do. But they can be fun. Sassy's FTW.
    CaptainTripps likes this.
  14. CaptainTripps

CaptainTripps Initiate (0) Oregon Aug 8, 2010

Sassy's has a pretty decent tap selection from time to time.
    djbreezy likes this.
  15. MasterSki

MasterSki Site Editor (980) Ontario (Canada) Dec 25, 2006 Staff Member

I just drink 'loons with my friends in the adult entertainment business. Saves on buying shitty beer and lap dances.

Even Burning Angel knows about walez bro.
    [​IMG]
    Boz12, sliverX, jacksback and 6 others like this.
  16. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Savant (340) Washington Sep 11, 2011

I ended up there on Saturday night and had two pints of Boneyard RPM. I believe they were good, but I'd already been to Deschutes, Cascade, and Hair of the Dog...
    Lordkrystic likes this.
  17. djbreezy

djbreezy Advocate (510) Washington Dec 16, 2008

Maybe Red Hook should have partnered with Pyramid for this one. Both seem to struggle with a quality product and traditional marketing channels. ;)
  18. djbreezy

No North Portland Ballet aka The Dancing Bare?! Ridiculous!
  19. If there's a God, he'd put nude strippers inside Toronado SD. Alas.
  20. PDXHops

PDXHops Savant (475) South Carolina Nov 19, 2008

Agreed; the Bare is where it's at. I used to live walking distance from it. (Not to mention Saraveza, Hop and Vine and the newest Lucky Lab outpost. 2 blocks from the NoPo New Seasons, too. Dang I miss Portland...)
  21. djbreezy

Yes! Remember the Sarah Palin lookalike dancer?