1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Strong Ale Fest Anyone?

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Steve_0, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Doodler

Doodler Savant (325) Colorado Oct 17, 2009

Pouring Friday with the Ratman. Drinkin Saturday.
    Come say hola ;)
    Dood

2. Steve_0

Steve_0 Savant (275) Colorado Mar 14, 2012

I wouldn't expect anything else. I feel like you two are at every Avery Festival pouring.

Ricelikesbeer likes this.
  3. Doodler

[​IMG]

The Go Team?

Knownfactor and FishPondManager like this.
  4. chicano4craft

chicano4craft Savant (310) Colorado Apr 18, 2009

Be there Saturday. :)

coreymcafee likes this.
  5. gklover1

gklover1 Savant (255) Colorado Oct 18, 2009

Totally enjoying reading this. On my hiatus for fests and tastings until DLD. Missing this one for the first year is my only disappointment. I can taste the beers now, and feel the smile on my face from spending time with you great folks in years past. Have a blast my friends at my fav fest every year. I will be back next year!

chicano4craft and coreymcafee like this.
  6. Going again Friday this year. On a streak for Avery festivals for the past three years, getting lucky with the ticketing I guess! I think this is my favorite of their festivals though, looking forward to it.

7. Tolann

Tolann Savant (350) Colorado Jul 9, 2007

got tix for friday:) GD almost missed it!

now just need to find a way there and back. Rackhouse?

SkeeterBoganski likes this.
  8. chicano4craft

chicano4craft Savant (310) Colorado Apr 18, 2009

Gonna miss you man. :( I guess me and Corey will have to drink your share. Damn it!

coreymcafee likes this.
  9. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (530) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

I would love to pour, how do you get that gig ? :)

10. Got my tickets for Friday. I can't wait!

11. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (675) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

If anyone needs tickets for Friday, I have 4 tickets available.

I thought I was able to go that day but wife has other plans already. Face value $43, I'll post in ticket forum too.

12. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (530) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

I will probably take 1-2!!

13. MarkyMOD

MarkyMOD Advocate (660) Colorado Apr 5, 2012

If anyone has an extra Saturday ticket, I'd be interested in trading you money for it. Friend wasn't by a computer when they were selling, any chance there'll be scalpers for a fest like this?

14. What do you have for trade? I may end up having an extra

15. MarkyMOD

MarkyMOD Advocate (660) Colorado Apr 5, 2012

I'd pay you for it, I'm sure my friend would fork over a little more than it's worth if need be. If you're looking for beer stuff I could maybe get you a few Boulder growlers and some of my glassware (I have a pretty decent collection)? You could look through my gots and see if there's anything you want (remember this is for a friend so I may not want to part with a bottle I can't buy anymore/ haven't had yet). May be doing a Chicago trade soon, so if you want BCBS or something that may be possible and my parents and friends live in WI, so any New Glarus requests you have (would have to be on shelves)...

16. thehosh

thehosh Aficionado (145) Colorado Apr 11, 2007

In for Friday. What a night. One of my favorite fests of the entire year. Is it wrong that the green chili covered sweet potato tots is one of my main focuses? Oh yeah, and I guess Pliny and Wild Turkey Barrel Aged Ten Fidy, and Older Viscocity and Meadage a Trois and Supplication and FIVE and Rumpkin and Meph Addict, oh my gosh... just got a Strong Ale Fest boner.

17. thehosh

anyone have a sneak peak at a list yet?

18. drumrboy22

drumrboy22 Savant (470) Colorado Jul 22, 2005

Haven't heard anything other than Younger. Hosh, you going Fri? The rest of the crew coming along?

19. Steve_0

Steve_0 Savant (275) Colorado Mar 14, 2012

So looks like Work is shipping me out of state for two weeks, starting this weekend, which means I will not be able to make it to this festival. I have two tickets to the Saturday session and would just like to get my money back. I will sell them at face value, to the first person to respond via private message, who wants both tickets. If no one is interested in both I will move to the next respondents. Thought I'd give the locals first shot.

Cheers!

20. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,030) Colorado May 19, 2005

Anybody staying at the Best Western Golden Buff on friday? Taxi share? Hmmm....?

21. Has anyone been the day after the event? I'm coming from Cali and will miss the actual event, but hoping there is good stuff still around on Sunday.

22. thehosh

yeah we'll be there Friday night. It's gonna be a good festival

drumrboy22 likes this.
  23. Graviz

Graviz Savant (290) Colorado Feb 26, 2012

Anyone have this years list yet?

24. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Savant (315) Colorado Jun 26, 2007

Never been the day after but you may catch some BA Tweak or something special from Avery on tap. I've never seen or heard of them pouring other brewer's beers on a normal day so I wouldn't expect any non Avery beers, but they always have special beers that are tap room only so it won't be a wasted trip. Avery is a great brewery.

25. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

If anyone needs a Saturday ticket, shoot me a message. Face value.

26. coreymcafee

If you want it, please email me between the hours of 12:01 AM on February 25 and 11:59 PM on February 26. Please include your name, address, phone number, blood type, partial DNA profile, and a 100 word essay on why Josh Clauss is the true Beer Advocate of the year.

joshclauss and arminjewell like this.
  27. Sounds familiar. Hope I get it!

28. coreymcafee

This should be good practice. Additionally, I'm happy to redline your rough draft in exchange for rare Vermont sea creatures.

29. coreymcafee

Last offer before it goes on Craigslist. Shoot me a message if you're interested in a Saturday ticket!

30. Doodler

Read that Pliny the Younger is showing up Saturday at the fest if anyone missed it this weekend or last week due to snow etc.

SkeeterBoganski likes this.
  31. narayan

narayan Aficionado (170) Georgia Jun 28, 2007

Just finished my essay on "The Effects of Rapid Liquid Logistic Distribution on a Homogeneous Population"

gklover1 and blindpiggie like this.
  32. ung

ung Aficionado (150) Colorado Jul 3, 2012

I'm looking for a saturday ticket if anyones still got one to sell. Shoot me a message...

33. I figured offer it up to the locals first: I got a single Saturday ticket not realizing it would become inconvenient for that day. Would anybody with a Friday ticket be interested in trading tickets? Please shoot me a message if you are.

PS: Sorry it's not the list. Didn't we have it a week in advance last year?

34. SuperWhite92

SuperWhite92 Savant (305) Colorado Dec 21, 2005

I have a friday ticket that I'd like to sell for face value.

35. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (305) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

I sent a picture of my balls in place of the 100-word essay. Is that enough?

36. coreymcafee

No. You failed to include the requisite information which resulted in the deletion of your name and email from my folder.

37. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,030) Colorado May 19, 2005

That's just silly....how can 100 words be counted as an essay? You're no Thoreau

38. [​IMG]

Avery just put the tentative list up on FB!

ssteigerwald and SkeeterBoganski like this.
  39. Roll call for tomorrow. I'll be the guy with a beard ;)