1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Struise Black Damnation V Double Black 2013

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by doopiedoopiedoo, Feb 6, 2013.

1. doopiedoopiedoo

doopiedoopiedoo Member

2. MykelJH

MykelJH Member

We're can I buy this online?
  3. Jnorton00

Jnorton00 Member

Pretty sure you can only buy it from De Struise and you need an account password from the site which I believe was only given out to people who had previously bought stuff from them before their site was hacked a year or two ago.
  4. MykelJH

MykelJH Member

So no way to get one anymore? And can I read the site in English? Lol
  5. Jnorton00

Jnorton00 Member

I'm not sure about that and I don't see a translate button for the site like some other international sites I've seen.
    MykelJH likes this.
  6. doopiedoopiedoo

doopiedoopiedoo Member

There is some commenting on the picture above. About how the price is jacked up and stuff. At some point Struise comes on and says:

Het wordt dus hoogtijd dat we nog eens wat Cuvée Delphine veredelen naar Double Black ... release 30 maart as

meaning:

It's about time dat we'll upgrade some Cuvée Delphine to Double Black ... release next March 30th.

That's all it says. So that's all the details that are known at this point.
    I just remember how this community pretty much went apeshit over the last release...
    Centennial likes this.
  7. stakem

stakem Member

I enjoy this beer and would love to get some more. But for the love of god can it come in a smaller format please like its original release? It would be awesome to beable to open a bottle without needing 6 people to finish it. (Not everyone can be Shogo and tank a 75cl of 26% beer by themselves.)

Also, I believe a new website is in the works. They have been hinting about it for awhile as a better solution. You can still gain access to their current webshop (even if you have not ordered in the past) by emailing them or communicating via facebook.
  8. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Member

This came in a 750ml? I traded for a Mocha Bomb and Coffee Club and those were small bottles, maybe 11.2oz
  9. stakem

stakem Member

Correct. Double Black and Special Kay were 750ml for the last release. All the other black damnations were 33cl (Damnations 1-4) or draft only (Damnations 6-10) that im aware of.
    beerindex likes this.
  10. doopiedoopiedoo

doopiedoopiedoo Member

I do think there were also some 33cl Double Black
  11. stakem

stakem Member

Indeed, the original release I believe. I mentioned that in my original post but my ranting probably covered it up.
  12. Pnell316

Pnell316 Member

Yeah he bottled some in 33cl, but had a problem with the carbonation so only 750's most likely for now.
  13. monitorpop

monitorpop Member

I bought both of these in person on a trip to Belgium and asked why they didn't bottle them in smaller bottles. They said the beer was intended to be shared and that the larger bottle would help ensure it. Doesn't mean they will not be a release in a smaller bottle at some point but that was the reason they gave last year.
    JustXBeer likes this.
  14. ShogoKawada

ShogoKawada Member

SOMEONE SEND ME THESE PLZ

thx
  15. aandresen

aandresen Member

16. Dennoman

Dennoman Member

25cl I believe.
  17. MisterGrizz

MisterGrizz Member

Use Google Chrome and it should translate any foreign page you navigate to.
  18. JitsuBrew

JitsuBrew Member

bring some to WA
  19. Etan

Etan Member

Sweet, I've been itching for some Double Black since opening my Special Kay a while ago.
  20. trevorjk

trevorjk Member

So, looks like End of March i will be making another hour drive to pick up some damnation :) Was also talking to the guys last Saturday and they said the batch should be done in about a month or so, so end of March seems logical :)
  21. MexicanSkittel

MexicanSkittel Member

Anyone in Bay area want to bottle share one of these? I've got one and would share the goodness. What ya wanna share?
  22. ShogoKawada

ShogoKawada Member

You're
    not supposed to share these. Drink it to the dome. Have two, since they reduced the size.
  23. MexicanSkittel

MexicanSkittel Member

It's a 750ml, I've had it before know what it can do, so willing to share. But if tempted I might try a solo mission
  24. ShogoKawada

ShogoKawada Member

it's a totally righteous time, broseph. I enjoyed it.