1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sucaba in DC/NOVA

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by C20Percent, Feb 22, 2013.

1. C20Percent

C20Percent Savant (325) Virginia Aug 24, 2011

Norms had it for about 5 minutes earlier today.

2. Arrowing posted that they got 12 bottles at about noon today.

3. skinsfan

skinsfan Advocate (600) Maryland May 24, 2005

Man, what is it about Norm's that beers fly out of there so fast? I got burned one time a couple years ago leaving my office for a release and by the time I arrived less than 2 hours later they were long gone. I don't even bother anymore.

4. dhartogs

dhartogs Savant (350) Virginia Apr 29, 2010

I would assume it has something with twitter, when he only has 12 bottles, and posts on Facebook and Twitter, there are people that can come running and pick this stuff up.

5. skinsfan

Yeah, I realize all that. I guess he has a bunch of regulars that either work or live right around the corner and race over there at the drop of a hat. It just seems to me like beers vanish from there quicker than other places. I wish I had that luxury to race over there as soon as Twitter announcement comes out...but I don't so oh well. At least his Facebook and Twitter posts help to alert me to keep an eye for these beers elsewhere.

6. Scotty

Scotty Aficionado (210) Maryland Jun 29, 2012

Whole Foods Fairlakes/Fairfax just posted they got it in

7. BMitch

BMitch Aficionado (235) Virginia Jul 10, 2012

Was lucky this time and made it over there about 30 minutes after the post, got one of the last couple. But I hear ya about them, I work right around the corner and have missed out on a couple releases even with heading over there almost immediately after the FB update.

Funny enough, they got Black Note in yesterday and I just said screw it since I got one the day before and figured it would be gone anyway.. ended up lasting way longer than would have expected!

skinsfan likes this.
  8. Scotty

Scotty Aficionado (210) Maryland Jun 29, 2012

Update: Already gone.

Went nearly as fast as Norm's

9. Saudereth

Saudereth Savant (300) Virginia Feb 21, 2013

I just got two bottles (had a mule) at Vienna Whole Foods about an hour ago. From what I've heard from talking to TW Alexandria people they'll get some next week. Also Whole Foods in Clarendon is still yet to get some. So more opportunities to come.

10. skinsfan

Good find for you, that's awesome. Wish I was closer, but even then might not matter it sounds like.

BMitch likes this.
  11. dhartogs

I got a bottle,at Arrowine at about 4, they had 4 bottles left then might be worth a call. The put it on Facebook at noon.

12. raveskdr

raveskdr Savant (390) Virginia Oct 10, 2009

Sucaba was WAY more limited this year than last year. Virginia (and, in turn, NOVA) only got a fraction of what we got last year. They definitely either made less, or kept a ton of it closer to home.

13. What are bottles going for in the area?

14. Purchased the last one at Norm's for $16.99

15. Saudereth

Whole Foods was 15.99.

16. Arrowine was $15.99 as well.

17. Saudereth

Update: Total Wine in Springfield has it, Alexandria tomorrow, 1 per customer, 14.99 a bottle.

18. DCgolfpro

DCgolfpro Savant (450) Maryland Oct 26, 2011

McLean got it this morning

19. Sucaba did hit Alexandria Total wine today. 1 bottle per person - $14.99. Did likely sell out this evening.
    Good news is Sucaba is probably coming to DC very soon. I'd venture a guess of next week.

20. Any update on when this hits DC?

21. dhartogs

22. ao125

ao125 Savant (335) Virginia Dec 1, 2010

I ended up buying a bunch out in MD at Old Line.

23. milo_leon

milo_leon Zealot (80) Maryland Aug 25, 2012

any update re: this in DC?

24. C20Percent

C20Percent Savant (325) Virginia Aug 24, 2011

tgeorgf likes this.
  25. Chevy Chase has it in as well.