1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sucaba Sighting

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by MVP09, Mar 13, 2013.

1. MVP09

MVP09 Savant (365) Massachusetts Oct 19, 2012

I know it not impossible to find but thought I'd pass this on 4 or 5 bottles at Austin Liquors in Shrewsbury in White City Plaza
    Pahn likes this.
  2. Aaron58

Aaron58 Savant (270) Massachusetts Dec 16, 2007

Wegmans in Northboro had plenty last week
    Pahn likes this.
  3. jomobono

jomobono Savant (390) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2012

I saw sitting one sitting on the shelf last Saturday.
  4. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Savant (250) Massachusetts Sep 20, 2012

Checked today during lunch break.

Nope
  5. Kappy's route 1, Malden = plenty on the shelf.
  6. Ralph's in Derby Street had at least 5 of them 2 nights ago
  7. xanok

xanok Savant (395) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

Anyone know where to get some in or around Boston?
  8. Bauer Wine and Spirits had quite a bit on Friday.
  9. kevgod

kevgod Savant (350) Massachusetts Aug 11, 2006

Martignetti's on Soldiers Field Road still has some
  10. Was on tap at Salty Pig on Saturday
  11. Lukes in Rockland had a bunch on the shelf.
  12. I was in Boston this past weekend for St paddys day and like 2 blocks away from Faneuil Hall in a little store called The Wine Cellar they had a bunch of bottles just siting on the shelf. Also had a bunch of Jack's Abby stuff (which is what I was looking for to begin with). Cheers!
    rowingbrewer likes this.
  13. I think your referring to federal wine and spirits.
  14. Nope that's where I was on my way to and I just stopped there to check it out
  15. boston wine exchange then.
  16. That may have been it
  17. willbm3

willbm3 Savant (380) Massachusetts Feb 19, 2010

I'm confused. I go to BWX pretty frequently and have never seem Sucaba there. They have (or at least had) it at Federal Wine and Spirits but its kept in the back and you have to ask. I wanna to know where this renegade liquor store is!
  18. night and day how quickly this year's batch flew off shelves as opposed to last year, maybe you just missed it? then again i'm not a regular at bwx so I can't say for sure... from the description though nothing else comes to mind
  19. Guys, I feel like a dick. It was federal that I bought it from i just checked my bank statement. I must have been going to BWX and stopped in federal? It was st paddys weekend its all kinda fuzzy. Anyways, right when you walk in the door immediately on the right theres a rack with a bunch of assorted craft beers and all the way on the bottom shelf it was there. Sorry for the mishap
  20. willbm3

No worries. Thanks for the info. I've only been in that store once...it's a little kooky haha. Tempted to head back for another bottle but I should probably limit the amount of $15+ beers I buy.
  21. willbm3

Not sure if anyone in Boston is still looking for this, but they still have some at Charles St. Liquors. There were 2 on the shelf after I picked mine up and I think they had more in the back. The clerk commented that no one else seems to be buying it so they might have alot. Please buy it so I won't be tempted to buy more every time I go in there. $15.95
  22. Nikki's in providence had a few left as well
  23. Anyone still looking for some?
  24. I was at Granite Liquors in Weymouth a week ago and they moved them to the regular shelf, no longer limited to 1 per customer!
  25. xanok

xanok Savant (395) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

Would love to know if there's any left in Western Mass.
  26. Not sure about Western Ma, i know North Shore is sold out. i have an extra bottle I was looking to trade for something in person, but if there is some in Weymouth in stock it sounds like im SOL.
  27. Resuin

Resuin Champion (760) Massachusetts Jun 18, 2012

Leary's in Newburyport had a bunch on Thursday when I was in there.
  28. I've seen it around the Valley although I haven't been out this week, maybe call Spirit Haus and Whole Foods, both in Amherst and I'm pretty sure I have seen it at both.
  29. willbm3

They definitely have them at Pop's Fine Wines in Easton.
  30. I know this belongs in iso:ft , but I'm looking to do local trade. Anyone interested in '11 DFH Fort, '11 DFH 120, '12 White Chocolate ?
  31. Gasbarro's in Seekonk has several. Picked one up yesterday for $15.99.
  32. What prices did you guy pay ? Seems $15.99 is pretty common
  33. Sorry i should've been more clear, I have an extra bottle of Sucaba, seperate thought about the other beers
  34. willbm3

$15.99 in Boston. $14.99 outside of Boston