1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sucks & 3Beans in Central NJ

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by Sneers, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Sneers

Sneers Savant (385) New Jersey Dec 27, 2009

I saw Hunterdon moved these to the "What's New" list, so I figured that should be hitting stores soon. Unfortunately, I'm heading back to school on Friday, so, if I can, I want to pick some up before the end of the week. Anyone see any around yet?

2. Haven't seen either anywhere.

3. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Site Editor (950) North Carolina Dec 8, 2007 Staff Member

It started hitting Northern NJ yesterday.

4. 3Beans hit some NW (moreso West) and North NJ locations on Monday even.

5. All the normal stores that sell the hell out of Lagunitas said they did not receive any.

6. Hunterdon is shipping to stores this week. Availability at different stores will depend on when they receive their shipments.

7. bbpro47

bbpro47 Savant (275) New Jersey Mar 8, 2011

3bean went out starting monday, sucks started going out tuesday so all stores with monday deliveries will be going out next week

8. Spirits unlimited in bayville got a case of 3 beans and two cases of sucks yesterday. Better get it while it's there!!

9. BirdFlu

BirdFlu Savant (355) New Jersey Jun 6, 2008

Did you see 3beans in North anywhere? I haven't seen it yet..

10. dbrauneis

I picked up 3Beans yesterday in Hoboken. Lagunitas Sucks was at the same place.

11. gregkoko

gregkoko Aficionado (235) New York Mar 12, 2010

Hoboken Vine? Wanted 3Beans but not for $15

12. Lagunitas Sucks for 10.99 and 3Beans for 13.99 at Canals Hamilton today.

13. SPRichard

SPRichard Savant (490) New Jersey Apr 26, 2008

3Beans and Sucks are both at Hopewell Buy Rite in Pennington

14. Beermail me when/if you get either

15. dbrauneis

I think it was $14 at Hoboken Vine which is about the same as it seems to be everywhere...

16. gregkoko

gregkoko Aficionado (235) New York Mar 12, 2010

It was $15 but I also had no idea at the time that it was going for $14 everywhere

edit: Maybe it was $15 after tax. Either way I was blown away considering I hadn't seen a sixpoint 4pk over $10 at that point

17. dbrauneis

Yeah, probably was $15 after tax (and I got a discount on my overall purchase because I had more than the 6 individual beers)... either way, I knew it was going for about the same everywhere because the guy working there looked it up on the invoice to make sure the price was correct.

Not too surprised that this one was expensive with Stumptown coffee and Mast Bros chocolate - both are not cheap on their own.

18. jiboo22

jiboo22 Aficionado (210) New Jersey May 24, 2005

Sucks has been all over on draught in Northern NJ the last week or so....great growler fill

19. ShemRahBoo

ShemRahBoo Savant (495) New Jersey Jan 28, 2010

So the stores that typically receive on monday and tuesday I know of did not receive sucks yet. Some tell me next week, a couple say it should come in tomorrow (Friday). I really need my sucks, palate wrecker is still giving more then my hop fix though.

20. any word on sucks at westfield shoprite or joe canals woodbridge? and how much are stores getting this year are they gonna be sold out in a few days?

21. Max is 1 case of 3Beans and 2 cases of Sucks

22. dondeez21

dondeez21 Savant (255) New Jersey Dec 27, 2006

Surf Taco Jackson tapped their keg of Sucks last night.

23. ripps1

ripps1 Savant (425) New Jersey Aug 28, 2012

Oak Tree in south plainfield has both Sucks and 3 beans in stock. Stop by there at lunch today

24. smonice

smonice Initiate (0) New Jersey Aug 10, 2012

I drive by this place all the time. I really need to stop in. Is it really as good as everyone says?

25. ripps1

ripps1 Savant (425) New Jersey Aug 28, 2012

Yes. They have a great selection of beer. Highly recommend it

26. smonice

smonice Initiate (0) New Jersey Aug 10, 2012

Thanks, maybe I'll stop by tomorrow on my way to Hoboken!

27. Maybe you should stop in, and buy some 3Beans. Never know who might wanna try some!

smonice likes this.
  28. Sneers

Sneers Savant (385) New Jersey Dec 27, 2009

Guess I just had to wait until the last moment. Several of the Bourbon St. locations by me had both yesterday.

29. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Savant (395) New York Jan 13, 2010

Supermarket by me in Brooklyn has 3Beans mispriced at $9.99. Just bought out half their stock

30. Zimm

Zimm Savant (490) New Jersey May 18, 2012

Just had them both on draft at Morris Tap and Grill in Randolph!

31. BirdFlu

Anyone else underwhelmed by 3B? I bought a 4 pack and 2 singles. Letting my brother buy the 4 pack off me instead of getting his own.

32. dmac621

dmac621 Aficionado (180) New Jersey Nov 26, 2008

Did you try it first. I found it rather bitter as it wore on.

33. BirdFlu

I thought it was just lackluster as far as the "beans" aspect goes.. just like any strong porter/non-thick stout with coffee/cocoa hints..

34. Zimm

Zimm Savant (490) New Jersey May 18, 2012

Yes

35. brutus09

brutus09 Aficionado (115) Ohio Jul 30, 2006

Man, I can't find Sucks anywhere. Been looking at a variety stores, with no success.

36. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Savant (395) New York Jan 13, 2010

I actually love it. Very flavorful Baltic Porter with nice coffee notes. Might be my beer of the year so far.