1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Super Bowl BIF - 49ers or Ravens? Hauls Post Them Here!!!

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by marine1975, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Let me know marine1975 if there's something I can do to help.

2. Currently MexicanSkittel has informed me that he will be shipping out his box on Monday. I think he will follow through!

I have tried beermailing ggwheeler, texting and calling his cell but I've gotten no response. It is a valid number.

I have already informed Damian74Shensky that I will take care of him if ggwheeler does not follow through.

3. I appreciate it marine, but $40 of beer/swag is up to ggwheeler.

4. I will try to see if I can motivate him. Otherwise I'll have to list him.

5. spambum

spambum Zealot (95) Florida Apr 10, 2012

Just got my box from dubinsky.
    [​IMG]
    Russian River - Damnation (definitely wanted to try)
    21st Amendment Brewery - Lower De Boom Barleywine (Starting to try and appreciate barleywines.)
    Almanac glass (very nice glass)
    AleSmith Speedway Stout (Big time want)
    Uncommon Brewers - Baltic Porter (love good porters)
    Cismontane - Black's Dawn (Imperial Stout + Coffee...yum!)
    Russian River - Pliny the Elder (So excited to try for the first time! Freshly bottled 2/19/13)
    Drake's Hopocalypse (Another big ipa that I'm excited to try)

Thank you so much for being generous and thoughtful with the beers. I'm very excited to try each and every single one of these.

6. holy crap nice box!

7. dubinsky

dubinsky Savant (340) California Sep 16, 2009

At the time is shipped the box didn't realize how diverse this box was. Enjoy!

8. Update:
    Currently MexicanSkittel has forwarded me a valid UPS tracking # and I think CarolinaKevin will have his box by Monday.

I have tried beermailing ggwheeler, texting and calling his cell but I've gotten no response. It is a valid number.

I have already informed Damian74Shensky that I will take care of him if ggwheeler does not follow through.

It looks like ggwheeler is destined for tha list!

9. Gonna tell you right now that the Drake's will smoke the PtE, fo sho!!!
    Sic Box :p

10. If that ends up happening let me know and I'll kick a lil sumpin sumpin his way too, deal?

11. Thanks marine,crabbicuss. Hopefully ggwheeler pulls through.

12. Nope, Oldp0rt said bad trader list. Oh well.

13. So no luck tracking down ggwheeler?

14. Nope, was just informed by Oldp0rt, he is adding him to the bad traders list.

15. That just sucks. I had to add 3 guys to the list last year after Super Bowl Squares and I felt like shit but it had to be done.

16. johnyb

johnyb Advocate (575) Florida Aug 11, 2012

By my math, that works out about correct. 97% of the people in this world are fine folk and abide by the rules of decent society. The other 3% are douchebags.

17. He's not pulling through, but thanks for offering a bottle but I wouldn't take it anyway. It's not up to you guys. I appreciate the gesture, Hopefully me getting beat won't become a habit! :)

18. [​IMG]

Just got home to a killer box from MexicanSkittel! I feel like I just hit on Powerball! Thanks a bunch!!!

Here's what was inside:
    Scarface Imperial Stout (Bourbon Barrel Aged)
    Sour In The Rye - The Bruery**Can't wait to try**
    Consecration - Russian River Brewing Company
    Sanctification - Russian River Brewing Company
    Black's Dawn - Cismontane Brewing Company
    Bourbon Barrel Aged Old Dipsea Barleywine - Marin Brewing Company
    Unlabeled bottle???? **Got me curious what is inside (Homebrew maybe???)**
    21st Amendment Brewery/ Strong Beer 2013 Tulip **Very Cool Glass***

I'll try to get a pic up soon... This box was worth the wait for sure!

19. Sweet Box!!!!

20. Thanks to all for playing along and congrats to all the winners! We had one get screwed on a box by ggwheeler but I think his porch may take a beating over the next week!!!!!

21. Thanks for putting this together Marine1975!! I'm happy to kick something to Damian74Shensky during our next trade ;)

22. P
    Wow! Really wasn't expecting that. I told ya marine it was cool not your fault. I deeply appreciate it. Thank you.

23. ggwheeler is headed to Firestone Walker Invitational 2 http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/firestone-invitational-the-2nd.65885/#post-912060

He is also busy fucking Brads porch. http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/exception-lif-aka-brad-gets-beer.64175/page-10#post-926852

Maybe he is too tired to send any more beer.

24. I will also be glad to fuck up Damian74Shensky's porch, Nothing worse than a guy who would be more than happy to receive beer, but when it comes to paying up, is nowhere to be found....

25. Let me just say Thank you to Johnny B. My wife called me at work and told me there's a box from Florida. Didn't order anything on ebay this week? Hmmmm....Get home and see it's a Cigar City Hunahpu's Imperial Stout. Thank you so much, if it weren't for this kind gesture I would of more than likely never had this beer! Thank you so much for your kindness.

26. johnyb

johnyb Advocate (575) Florida Aug 11, 2012

Not at all Damian, sorry you had such a poor experience in your first BIF. I hope it doesn't discourage you from participating in future ones as most BA's on this site are rock solid people. You handled a lousy experience with dignity and class.

27. Awesome!!!!!!

28. Let the games begin!

29. Let me just say I'm shocked and pretty darn speechless! CarolinaKevin, Marine1975! Marine to drive to my house and hand deliverer these tremendous boxes, I'm so Excited,amazed, I'm really running out of adjectives to how I feel. I thank you so friggin' much! Johnny B to, thank you all for your generous act. I'll be forever grateful!

[​IMG]

Shmaltz barrel aged release #4 Coney Island human blockhead
    Southern tier Mokah
    Ballast Point Imperial Porter Victory at sea
    Bear Republic Black Stout
    Foothills Olde Rabbit's foot Bourbin-barrel-aged Imperial Stout .....Never had any of these! TY CarolinaKevin
    Mother Earth Brewing Glass, very nice. TY.

[​IMG]
    Founders Dirty Bastard
    Founders KBS!
    Hoppin frog B.O.R.I.S the destroyer Double Imperial Stout
    Hoppin frog B.O.R.I.S the crusher Oatmeal Imperial Stout
    Foothills Sexual Chocolate Imperial Stout
    Brawley's Black n Blue glass!
    Foothills beer coasters, Alesmith beer coaster
    Brawleys stickers, Ass Clown sticker and a Duckworth sticker. Thank you so much guys! My wife called me like 2ish, I was working in Union County SC. Couldn't get good reception for the internet. Just walked in and damn. I really am over whelmed. " A guyed named Shane a marine just gave me 2 boxes" wife tells me..."What! really? Our house he came!", I responded. Ty guys so much! Shane/marine, CarolinaKevin I would love to get together one day and drink some beers! I wish I could come tomorrow to your black n blue beerfest! Due to prior engagement DJ'ing ST.Patty's Day party tomorrow, I reluctantly have to pass. But another day my friend. Promise on that! Thanks again Kevin,Shane and Johnny!

30. What Johnny B got me yesterday!
    [​IMG]

TY!

31. [​IMG]

Thank you Hokiechef so much. In box were
    Gingerbread Stout - Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

Imperial Rye Porter (Nøgne Ø / Terrapin Collaboration)

Bitter Valentine - Williamsburg AleWerks

You guys are awesome! Thank you so much! Man what a great week! TY all!

32. Fyi- ggwheeler also owes a box in Super Bowl Squares 2.0 if GoOSU hasn't already contacted you about that one.

33. Thanks, care to send me the details? Ill update the list

34. I got a phone number from marine1975....I'm going to try and call and get the scoop.

35. To another awesome BA'er (Stinger80OH) TY! Not to beat a dead horse or sound repetitive, TY, you guys are truly Amazing! [​IMG]

2 Fat Head's Head Hunter IPa's
    2 Great Lakes barreled aged black out stouts
    2 Great Lakes Alchemy IPA's
    2 Lagunita's Sucks
    1Dogfish head 75 min IPA
    1 Hoppin Frog B.O.R.I.S Oatmeal Stout

TY Stinger80OH!

36. Stinger80OH

Stinger80OH Advocate (675) Ohio Nov 11, 2011

PS....thats BA BORIS!!! :D

37. Opps, sorry!;)

38. OMG! This is really unbelievable! Wife just called me another beer box on porch! WTF! Really guys thank you, I really, really don't know what to say. You guys just blew me out the water! Thank u to the new culprit, Crabbicuss! Post pics when get home. THANK YOU!

39. and to think, you thought you were getting skimped in this BIF! haha
    Thats awesome man, I am stoked for you.

40. It is awesome! Damn I'm glad I played this.