1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Super Bowl XLVII: Redhook, Dan Patrick to Introduce Audible Ale in New Orleans

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by slim2043, Jan 28, 2013.

1. slim2043

slim2043 Savant (395) Connecticut Jul 23, 2012

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/1/prweb10366527.htm

2. SenorHops

SenorHops Savant (385) Rhode Island Aug 10, 2010

I prefer to crush bigger beers than that.

3. GennyCreamAle

GennyCreamAle Initiate (0) New York Feb 25, 2009

I'm pretty sure I will be crushing WWS/120 Black and Tans while bench pressing. 4 plates bitches.

4. If you're a real man, you would drink the WWS and 120 from 2012 as a Black and Tan. lol

5. Bonis

Bonis Savant (410) Ohio Jul 28, 2010

This is actually pretty cool considering the Super Bowl advertising revolves around cruddy swill beer. Even though I don't respect Redhook as much as other craft brewers, I still think it's nice to see them putting a beer out specific to this (ahh, if only it were a stout or something with some color).. Didn't realize Dan Patrick was that into beer either...

6. fields336

fields336 Savant (315) Virginia Nov 16, 2008

CRUSHABILITY!!!! GRRR IM A MANS MAN!

7. I'm not a player, I just crush a lot.

slim2043 and jlpred55 like this.
  8. ijaap

ijaap Aficionado (190) Washington Jan 5, 2013

Redhook sponsors Dan Patrick's show so I think that was the reasoning behind the release. All in all it's a very drinkable beer. Not what I usually go for, but in the summer it would be refreshing.

9. Tried this on Sunday, and did not enjoy it at all. I told my wife i would rather have a Yuengling, if that is any indication of what i thought of it. For being what is supposed to be an easy drinker, i had trouble choking this one down.