1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Super Bowl XLVII Squares 2.0

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by GoOSU, Jan 11, 2013.

1. First off, big thanks to Ben (brees6221) for getting me started and allowing me to plagiarize his post. Since his Super Bowl Squares LIF filled up so fast and there seems to be interest from those who missed out, I’m going to start a second one, Super Bowl XLVII Squares 2.0. I’m not sure it’ll fill up as fast as brees6221’s, but I hope to get to 100 participants. If it looks like we won’t get to 100, I’ll limit it to 25 or 50. Below are the details...Spread the word.

I’m looking for 99 other BA’s to participate in Super Bowl Squares 2.0. If you’re not familiar with how this works, each person is assigned one square in a 10x10 grid. Once the grid is filled with names, numbers are randomly assigned. The number represents the last digit of the score at the end of each quarter.

Ex. End of 1st quarter score is AFC team 13, NFC team 7. The name in the box where AFC 3 and NFC 7 intersect wins the 1st quarter prize.

We will be using footballpot.com, so you must register on that website to play. Your user ID needs to be the same as your BA name, up to the character limit.

Details
    1. Open to BA’s in the lower 48 US states only
    2. Non-winning BA’s agree to ship at minimum 44oz. of wants, locals, or otherwise high quality beer to one of the winners, to be assigned after the game. There is no limit to the amount you can send.
    3. Shipping window opens Monday, February 4th (pending assignments) and runs through February 15th.
    4. To participate you must have an established trade history or a sponsor who does. Your sponsor agrees to ship a box if you fail to do so.
    5. Winners are the squares matching the last digit of the score at the end of each quarter, No overtime.

To join, contact me via private conversation with an email address where I can send the invitation from footballpot.com. This must be the same email address you used to register on that website. Also, remember to make your user ID there as close as possible to your BA name. I will respond with a link to the squares. You may not be able to choose a square right away, just be patient and I will post when that can be done.

IMPORTANT: I will periodically post and update a list of participants in this thread. If you see the name of a BA who you feel should not participate because they have failed to come through on past trades, are on the bad trader list or for any other reason, please contact me immediately. I will make the final call but I need help from everyone with such a large group of participants.

If I forgot anything or if there are any questions please let me know – GOOD LUCK!
  2. itsthepleats

itsthepleats Savant (330) Ohio Mar 19, 2012

Good on you, man. I'm in! Thanks!

Saweeeet avatar!!
  3. Duplicates from Super Bowl squares #1 allowed?

Maybe after like a one-week grace period?
  4. mcb4538

mcb4538 Savant (255) New Jersey Jul 12, 2007

Ughh ... You go on one flight and you miss the squares! Count me in for 2.0!!!
  5. ejyoung

ejyoung Savant (315) Arizona Feb 24, 2005

Awesome - I'm in!
  6. Duff27

Duff27 Advocate (600) Illinois Feb 10, 2010

I'd like to play.
  7. I'll go, hook a brother up with an invite, PLEEEEZZZZZ!
  8. Awwwwwww, you square lovin' whore, you.
  9. chrisp450

chrisp450 Savant (290) Minnesota Oct 23, 2012

Was thinking the same thing. About both posts!
  10. We're off and running. I have no problem with playing both. Reminder, if you want in start a conversation with me on BA. I'll try to post updates on a daily basis. So far we have 8 players:

goosu
    itsthepleats
    mcb4538
    ejyoung
    kawilliams81
    beernads
    Bjohnston
    laxer8811
  11. Count me in.
  12. NJOssie

NJOssie Savant (265) New Jersey Feb 28, 2012

I may get in as well... I'll let the others get a day to sign up before I go ahead and take a spot though
  13. Mista

Mista Aficionado (205) Minnesota Nov 10, 2011

If you are short a member shoot me a message. I'm already participating in the other one but wouldn't mind being in both :D
  14. Golfingtom

Golfingtom Initiate (20) Jan 11, 2013

Count me in. I'm new, my sponsor is landrewg
  15. Are you telling me I don't qualify? Just asking after your post "off and running." Let me know. Pretty sure I have the prerequisites to participate but wanted to know if you had me out. TY for doing this regardless.

Cheers
  16. Like to be in.
  17. This is still open. If you want in...Send a BA conversation indicating that you want to join and include your email address.
  18. Id like in. Sliverx is my sponsor
  19. RTFM:
  20. OK count me in
  21. We have 15 so far. The following have expressed interest in joining, but have not sent their email address to me...Send it to me by starting a BA Conversation.

Waiting for email address:
    Crabbicuss
    Desaparecido
    Lethargy99
    Golfingtom
    WassailWilly

Players in so far:
    goosu
    itsthepleats
    mcb4538
    ejyoung
    kawilliams81
    beernads
    Bjohnston
    laxer8811
    wittyname
    kenatbeerswap
    Jfriz25
    injuredreserve
    Duff27
    Damian74Shensky
    sliverX
  22. JoeyBeerBelly

JoeyBeerBelly Initiate (0) New York Dec 15, 2006

PM sent, I hope I'm in for the first 25 and I'll be pimping this to try to get up to at least 50, cheers!
  23. johnyb

johnyb Advocate (565) Florida Aug 11, 2012

24. ejyoung

ejyoung Savant (315) Arizona Feb 24, 2005

No invites sent yet right? Making sure I didn't miss it.
  25. I'm goin' in.

(BM sent)
  26. bbpro47

bbpro47 Savant (275) New Jersey Mar 8, 2011

27. Quick update. We're at 29, see list below. We still have some time to get this to 100, but I need your help in spreading the word.

goosu
    itsthepleats
    mcb4538
    ejyoung
    kawilliams81
    beernads
    Bjohnston
    laxer8811
    wittyname
    kenatbeerswap
    Jfriz25
    injuredreserve
    Duff27
    Damian74Shensky
    sliverX
    GennyCreamAle
    NJOssie
    WassailWilly
    sdhomebrewer
    JoeyBeerBelly
    egrace84
    Lethargy99
    Mista
    Crabbicuss
    johnyb
    bbpro47
    FunkyMacGroovin
    notjustgc
    Golfingtom
  28. adamdd

adamdd Savant (330) Michigan May 9, 2011

BM sent. Count me in if it gets to 50.
  29. Adamdc

Adamdc Savant (275) Massachusetts Nov 18, 2007

I'm in bro!
  30. usofar

usofar Initiate (0) California Dec 23, 2010

BM on the way. I'd like to be in.
  31. Kaydogg

Kaydogg Savant (385) Pennsylvania Jan 5, 2011

in thanks
  32. FlyingKelly

FlyingKelly Savant (250) Texas Nov 28, 2012

I'm in. BM on it's way.
  33. landrewg

landrewg Aficionado (210) Michigan Nov 11, 2008

I'll be in this one too if you need to get to 50 or 100.
  34. I'm in...BM already sent.
  35. Update. As of now we have 43 players. It's still early and I hope to get to 100, but If we don't get to 100, we'll play with the first 50 and each person will pick two squares. Here is the list so far:

goosu
    itsthepleats
    mcb4538
    ejyoung
    kawilliams81
    beernads
    Bjohnston
    laxer8811
    wittyname
    kenatbeerswap
    Jfriz25
    injuredreserve