1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Super Bowl XLVII Squares

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by brees6221, Jan 8, 2013.

1. I’m looking for 99 other BA’s to participate in Super Bowl Squares. If you’re not familiar with how this works, each person is assigned one square in a 10x10 grid. Once the grid is filled with names, numbers are randomly assigned. The number represents the last digit of the score at the end of each quarter.

Ex. End of 1st quarter score is AFC team 13, NFC team 7. The name in the box where AFC 3 and NFC 7 intersect wins the 1st quarter prize.

We will be using footballpot.com again this year so you must register on that website to play. Your user ID needs to be the same as your BA name, up to the character limit.

Details
    1. Open to BA’s in the lower 48 US states only
    2. Non-winning BA’s agree to ship at minimum 44oz. of wants, locals, or otherwise high quality beer to one of the winners, to be assigned after the game. There is no limit to the amount you can send. J
    3. Shipping window opens Monday, February 4th (pending assignments) and runs through February 15th.
    4. Out of 97 BA’s shipping beer to winners last year, 3 were added to the Bad Trader list. While this is a high success rate, I’m aiming for 100% this year. To participate you must have an established trade history or a sponsor who does. Your sponsor agrees to ship a box if you fail to do so.
    5. Winners are the squares matching the last digit of the score at the end of each quarter, No overtime.

To join, contact me via private conversation with an email address where I can send the invitation from footballpot.com. This must be the same email address you used to register on that website. Also, remember to make your user ID there as close as possible to your BA name. I will respond with a link to the squares. You may not be able to choose a square right away, just be patient and I will post when that can be done.

IMPORTANT: I will periodically post and update a list of participants in this thread. If you see the name of a BA who you feel should not participate because they have failed to come through on past trades, are on the bad trader list or for any other reason, please contact me immediately. I will make the final call but I need help from everyone with such a large group of participants.

If I forgot anything or if there are any questions please let me know – GOOD LUCK!

Oh, and in case you want to drool over the 20+ boxes YaKnowBrady and Auslander received, or the 40+ boxes dashirey received (winner of 2 quarters), here is the hauls thread from last year. For context, keep in mind at that point we were dealing with the site transition and working with a few late shippers.

http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/superbowl-lif-hauls-thread.314/#post-6897

2. Timmush

Timmush Savant (340) New Jersey Jan 5, 2008

Yes. I love this one.

3. Awesome totally in!

4. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (275) Washington Jul 18, 2012

I'm in.

5. MSEGUIN

MSEGUIN Savant (445) Michigan Apr 6, 2011

Count me in!

6. Devi0us

Devi0us Advocate (555) California May 3, 2011

I'm in on this one...

Cheers!

7. ant880

ant880 Advocate (645) New York Nov 7, 2010

BM sent!

8. NJOssie

NJOssie Savant (265) New Jersey Feb 28, 2012

BM sent! in please

9. Message sent. Definitely want in on this.

10. dbc5

dbc5 Savant (480) Ohio Jun 18, 2009

I'm in for this. Sounds awesome. Sending BM now.

11. badboy7113

badboy7113 Savant (390) Florida Jan 19, 2011

I'm def in this one!

12. Def want in. Will message tonite.

13. DSlim71

DSlim71 Savant (495) New Jersey Mar 3, 2010

In (10 char)

14. BM sent!
    Thx.

15. Rau71

Rau71 Initiate (0) California Dec 12, 2011

BM sent. Thanks!

16. tugg407

tugg407 Savant (260) Florida Oct 16, 2010

I'm in!
    BM Sent.
    Thank You!

17. I'm in.
    Sending BM...thanks!

18. Lots of incoming conversations, keep them coming. Remember to include your email address so that I can send you the invitation, hopefully by the end of the day today. One excited (overly confident?) BA has already sent his shipping address, haha.

19. smonice

smonice Initiate (0) New Jersey Aug 10, 2012

This sounds fantastic. In and BM sent.

20. Sent you a BM im totally in

21. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Savant (495) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010

I am in on this. BM sent now.

22. I'm in if someone will sponsor me! I am an honest person I promise. And if you are in OC, SD or IE counties of So Cal you can come kick my ass if I bail on my shipment haha.

23. 44oz(+) of beer.....out the door. I'm in :)

24. NJOssie

NJOssie Savant (265) New Jersey Feb 28, 2012

just a heads up... 2 guys may use me as a reference (BeerPharmer and JohnCosta)

25. BM Sent...I'm in.

26. bbpro47

bbpro47 Savant (310) New Jersey Mar 8, 2011

bm sent

27. camil1mj

camil1mj Savant (415) Michigan Oct 4, 2010

I want in. BM sent.

28. First 35...contact me privately with details if someone on this list should not be participating and I will follow up. BA's in red are provisionals with sponsor name in parenthesis. Don't worry if you contacted me and don't see your name on the list yet, I still have 20 or so messages to open.

brees6221
    djcorrao
    Timmush
    ant880
    vivasbeer
    acurtis
    Lordkrystic
    MSEGUIN
    brydeen
    Treebs
    celticfutblclub
    LambAndTunaPhish (brees6221)
    wittyname
    Rau71
    RWNewhouse
    mikecharley
    NJOssie
    schteve825
    1424IpA (Rau71)
    dbc5
    mcbeerbrew
    Auslander
    tjensen3618
    jawzman
    NJBeerNerd
    BeerMeAlready
    tugg407
    smonice
    WagonCircler
    DSlim71
    luvzsurfrz
    badboy7113
    Devi0us
    mhksuccess
    Mista

29. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (630) California Oct 17, 2010

i may be in, ill let you no 100% for sure tonght. im almost afraid to win haha, i remember last years hauls theard. it was a ton of beer
    yaknowbrady won big last year right?

30. YaKnowBrady and Auslander each won 24 boxes and dashirey won 49 boxes. I remember Dane saying he got something like 18 boxes in one day. I would have to borrow a truck just to get all that home from the office.

31. I'm totally in. (BM sent)

32. beernut

beernut Savant (340) New Jersey Jun 6, 2008

I'm in, message sent.

33. funhog

funhog Savant (450) Illinois Mar 8, 2011

Sounds like fun to me!
    Pencil me in!

34. I'm definitely in on this one again!

35. laxer8811

laxer8811 Savant (350) New York Sep 13, 2006

36. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Savant (425) Minnesota Dec 25, 2009

Im in, Im sure somebody would like some abrasive.

37. Id like more abrasive had last week first timr
    Amazing stuff.

38. YaKnowBrady

YaKnowBrady Initiate (0) New Jersey Jul 23, 2010

In like flynn. Can't win again tho, no more room for cardboard boxes ;)

39. Penguin3200

Penguin3200 Savant (330) Minnesota Dec 28, 2008