1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Surly 5 and New Glarus Raspberry Tart

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by skipanoka2, Jun 6, 2012.

1. skipanoka2

skipanoka2 Zealot (90) Minnesota May 25, 2010

Tried to get some trades going for when I'm in town this weekend, but wasn't able to get anything set. I'm bringing less beer than I planned, but I'll have a bottle of Surly 5 and Raspberry Tart along, if anyone wants to trade.
    Looking for sours, stouts, etc. Blend Love, Fantasia, Blueberry, Sang Royal/Noir, etc.

I hope I can find someone to work a deal with. Let me know!

Thanks!

2. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 18, 2010

What town? The PNW forum covers three states; the reports that this is the Portland forum are greatly exaggerated. You can still find Sang Noir in Seattle shops, but that's probably it off your list (that I know of anyway). No idea what's still available in Portland.

3. LoPo87

LoPo87 Aficionado (235) Oregon Mar 9, 2012

Blend Love and Fantasia will not be easy to find as well as Blueberry most likely. I still find it hard to believe that the barrel house is out of Sang Noir as every time I am there the employees have been telling me they have plenty of it and it will be there for a while. Sang Royal did sell out but you may get lucky and find a bottle at Saraveza although you will pay a bit for it. I found a bottle of 09 Sang Rouge the other day there for $33 I think. If you wanted Cascade Kriek or Apricot they are at Bailey's Taproom for $17 I think. Apex used to have Apricot and Sang Royal for $18 and $23 respectively. Haven't checked their coolers in a few weeks but it is worth a shot.

I realize you are looking to trade and I apologize that I can't help you in that department but figured I would throw you a little information as to where you may find some bottles. Btw OP, are you going to attend the Fruit Beer Festival this weekend? I highly recommend it if you weren't considering. You will have your fair share of great sours there and it should be a good time.

4. skipanoka2

Really dumb of me not to specify... sorry about that. I will be in Portland.

Thank you for the info; I appreciate it!

My wife and I have tickets to the Fruit Beer Fest, and we're really looking forward to it.

Nate

5. Was just at the Barrel House yesterday and they still had Sang Noir. They also had bottles of The Vine. I think Sang Noir was $21 and The Vine was $17 or $19.

6. skipanoka2

My wife and I went to the Barrel House last night and had a couple flights of sours. Very good stuff! Grabbed a bottle of The Vine. Overall, very impressed with the place!