Surly Abrasive available on France44 NOW

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Dan_Bowman, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2011 Minnesota

I really wish you guys could put a face to the name here... this store is more gangster than Pauly D eating a 6 foot Subway sandwich.

DBijnagte, MPLSbrewer and stayclean like this.
  2. jrnyc

jrnyc Pooh-Bah (2,988) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Abrasive better than Furious.

skinsfan likes this.
  3. HeadyTheElder

HeadyTheElder Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2012 Louisiana
    Trader

I bought a case of Abrasive and the cost came out to a little over $5 a can. Not bad.

All the Surly stuff I have gotten France44 has been really fresh. One time, not even a week old when I received it.

skinsfan likes this.
  4. skinsfan

skinsfan Initiate (0) May 24, 2005 Maryland

I am with you with regards to Furious, it is a good beer, but not worth the trouble to go through to get it necessarily. But, I went ahead and ordered a couple 4 packs of Abrasive back in December, and obviously everyone's opinion is their own, but for me Abrasive is a totally different beer than Furious and in my opinion is absolutely outstanding! I will without a doubt be ordering a couple 4 packs every year. I realize it is not cheap to get it shipped, but it is truly a badass monster of a Double IPA. Cheers

5. skinsfan

skinsfan Initiate (0) May 24, 2005 Maryland

I have made a couple purchases
    I made a couple purchases from France 44 for the first time this year (all Surly and Odell beers), and everything has been within a month old at most. Wet and Abrasive I received were all super fresh as I ordered right when they came in. Worst case, call or email them and they will let you know freshness dates of anything you are interested in ordering. They are super friendly, easy to work with, pack everything great...they are legit and they do it right!

6. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 Initiate (0) May 6, 2010 Minnesota

to those who ordered online, YOU DID IT WRONG!!! GET A REGULAR MN BA TRADING PARTNER. There are more than 20 MN BA's that I would let watch my kid, much less trade beer with. Reach out, they are there, and probably one of the better trading partners you could have.
    on the other side, MN BA's do what you can to share the wealth. We are amongst a mecca of great beer, we need to share. If every BA that actively trades would take 1 more trading partner, the inflation paid for beer would be significantly less, and the Advocacy would increase. That being said. I would love to ship 2 4 packs to someone with whom I have never traded with before.

KWMiles, cavedave, Douggo and 9 others like this.
  7. Envelopes

Envelopes Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2012 Ohio

But they don't make those year round do they? That's gotta be more than a few months old at this point..

8. MisterBisco

MisterBisco Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2009 New York

Unless I'm extremely bad at the internet, Abrasive seems gone from the site - if anyone can provide a working link to it, I'd appreciate it. Had some Surly stuff when I was visiting St. Paul, would love to try something new (to me) from them.

9. stayclean

stayclean Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2012 Wisconsin

Looks like you guys bought it all. :slight_frown:

10. immobilisme

immobilisme Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2005 Illinois

Sure, but that means I have to buy something (or raid my cellar) to trade for a beer I can buy online. I much prefer trading for things that are not available via the internet.

11. MPLSbrewer

MPLSbrewer Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2010 Minnesota

its true Ive been sending out a ton of abrasive at a fraction of the cost of shipping sites. Im done with trades for a few weeks now but lemme know if you're looking for some and we can probably get something going.

12. usofar

usofar Initiate (0) Dec 23, 2010 California

Pick me if you need another SoCal trading partner.

13. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

When I saw the title of the thread I knew the last post would be "and they are out of Abrasive."

14. biglobo8971

man, I hope your not feeling jaded, but if its off the shelf for me, I want off the shelf from you. Unless you offer something I can't say no to, then meet me at the $ and we are a ok. Someone hit me up already, if not, I would hit you up just cuz, cuz.

15. joh02034

joh02034 Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2013 New York

I just bought Abrasive on Saturday from my local store. Def not sold out.

16. biglobo8971

fuck, your in Chicago, trade ZD, Big Hugs, Double Fist, etc. You have so much ammo we cant get, Abrasive should be easy to get. Hell, offer me a great growler, and you have me half way done.

17. joh02034

joh02034 Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2013 New York

I would be ecstatic to trade abrasive for ZD. Although I'm new to this site and have no idea how this works.

18. stayclean

stayclean Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2012 Wisconsin

Would love a MN trading partner for Surly stuff like this, but no vehicle and UPS being quite a hike makes it not really doable for the time being.

19. biglobo8971

maybe trade for 5 four packs and give up one can of each, barter your way to good beer, son.

20. Djsaturn1

Djsaturn1 Pundit (762) Dec 12, 2012 Minnesota
    Trader

I would be willing to help out someone in need of abrasive. I think abrasive is much better than furious. I would even say it is better than wet.

HoshuaJobbs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.