1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Surly Brews Asator Viking IPA For Amon Amarth Show

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by doner24, Jan 29, 2014.

1. doner24

doner24 Aficionado (200) Minnesota Apr 16, 2013

2. MNPikey

MNPikey Advocate (500) Minnesota Feb 27, 2011

Going there for the concert, beer will be a nice bonus. I'm sure it will end up at the taproom as well.

3. joelwlcx

joelwlcx Savant (410) Minnesota Apr 23, 2007

SOME one seems to be obviously competing with Saga. Too bad I'll miss out on a tick, and probably kick-ass beer... Sadface

4. The competition bit is a joke, right?

5. Hopsiam14

Hopsiam14 Savant (445) Minnesota Jan 23, 2013

Clearly a joke. Surly can't compete with Saga.

travdawg7 and Douggo like this.
  6. ZAP

ZAP Advocate (735) Minnesota Dec 1, 2001

Best tune ever of theirs is this.

Great opening riff until they start the vocals....not into that sound much....would love to see Metallica or even a dude like Lemmy from Motorhead do it....

7. Yeah, it will be available in the taproom

BeerGoogler likes this.
  8. Yep, I've read it will be in the taproom on either February 5th or February 12th, depending on your source. :)

9. Seefeldt

Seefeldt Savant (345) Minnesota May 15, 2008

Man I had been planning on going to this show and didn't realize until I read this on Twitter that it was the same day I'm doing the polar plunge in Rochester and have family staying here. Damn!

BeerGoogler likes this.
  10. Mplsmetro57

Mplsmetro57 Savant (320) Minnesota Jan 30, 2013

February 12 in the taproom.

11. Someone at the taproom said the 5th on Wednesday. Either way, I'll be there. They release a new cask every Wednesday.

12. Glad it will be in the taproom. As much as I love metal, It's hard to justify buying a ticket just for beer and I'm not THAT into metal. Thanks Todd for the new beer though. Awesome way to show support for bands!!!

BeerGoogler likes this.
  13. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Savant (460) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010

According to City Pages, it will be available on the 12th.
    http://www.citypages.com/search/results/type:all/keyword:Asator/

BeerGoogler likes this.
  14. That's what they said at Surly on Wednesday too. They said that the earlier date was a mistake.

Ungertaker likes this.
  15. meals00

meals00 Initiate (15) Minnesota Mar 7, 2014

If you didn't get a taste of it and will be in the Fargo-Moorhead area next week, JL Beers in Moorhead will have a keg on tap as well as a cask conditioned Overrated on March 13th, plus a few other Surly brews for the tap invasion (Darkness, BLAKKR, Smoke, etc.).