1. The BeerAdvocate Store is back! Pre-order your stuff now. Items begin shipping Dec 15. Christmas deadline = Dec 18 @ 5pm EST.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sweetwater 16th Anniversary Ale: Red Wheat Wine

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by brentjbeaver, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Just hit shelves at my store in metro-Atlanta today...anybody tried it yet? Sounds a bit strange

2. Had it at the anniversary party and I enjoyed it. Its a sipper for sure. The only wheat wines I've had before were Gamma Ray and Boogoop so I can only compare it to those. Its definately worth a try, especially if its going for the same price as the other danktanks. $4.99 or $5.99?

3. JTDay

JTDay Aficionado (125) Georgia Jan 28, 2013

Hope we get it. I haven't seen Some Strange yet.

4. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Moderator (655) Georgia Feb 12, 2012 Staff Member

Some Strange hasn't hit yet. The Black IPA right?

I'm looking forward to the Wheatwine actually. Will age well I think. Their 15th aged pretty gracefully I thought. I drank one on their 16th, so it was a good year.

The amarillo, nelson pairing on the wheatwine sound promising.

5. From what I heard from the guys at Sweetwater on the 16th anny party, Some Strange has been delayed. They were having some issues just like they did with The Gimp.

6. I tried it last weekend at the Beertopia Festival, and was not a fan, but I'm not really into wheat wines in general so I'm not going to be the best judge.

7. gwdavis

gwdavis Aficionado (190) Georgia Feb 8, 2012

I had it last weekend on tap up in Nashville, TN. I agree with funkymonk, definitely a sipper. Overall I really enjoyed it, though. Certainly worth a try.