1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

SWTFYW Hints and Hauls!!!

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Cuzco, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdhowe

jdhowe Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2013 Georgia

This. I can't count the number of times I have culled wants that were "well I sort of wouldn't mind this again..." Where I would rather have downgraded them.

2. jshusc

jshusc Pooh-Bah (1,630) Aug 16, 2013 South Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Trader

I want some peanut butter cup porter. I think I'll have some. Tonight.

3. ripps1

ripps1 Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2012 New Jersey

Just so everyone knows, please refer to @Houser 's wants list and top wants for me. They are the same, but I'm just to lazy add them to my list.

4. Justinsosmart

Justinsosmart Initiate (0) May 14, 2013 California

I entered the Citra lottery!

5. CTJman

CTJman Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

just another excuse to take a road trip ha

Justinsosmart, LehighAce06 and Houser like this.
  6. Theortiz01

Theortiz01 Initiate (0) Jun 7, 2013 Texas

"Party All The Time" is a personal fave of mine. :slight_smile:

beer.

7. Theortiz01

Theortiz01 Initiate (0) Jun 7, 2013 Texas

Man, Pulling Nails is probably my all time favorite beer ever, glad you guys got to try it! I'm gonna try to throw up a trade for one to pop when my kid is born.

And that Casey Saison...easily the best saison I've ever had, by a mile. (It was a batch 1, for those that care)

8. LehighAce06

LehighAce06 Pooh-Bah (2,166) Jul 31, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This makes me very happy, I'm sitting on a b1 Casey Saison, possibly for the same reason you're ISO a Pulling Nails.

Haven't decided for sure what bottle I'm going to open to celebrate the birth, but if I stuck with the tradition set by my two boys, it'd be a nip of Johnny Blue, which I'm out of, so I need something new regardless.

Also, you better move quick on that Pulling Nails trade, after BS 2.0 I'm pretty sure there's like 5 of us who are seriously considering emptying their cellar to get more, SWTFYW is about to single-handedly raise its trade value even higher.

Will_Edgar and Theortiz01 like this.
  9. jdhowe

jdhowe Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2013 Georgia

Yeah... Pulling Nails Blend 2 may well have been the best beer I've ever had. I'm currently trying to get my hands on that, Fencerow, and Thicket (when it comes out)... although my gut tells me I may just end up wanting 3 bottles of Pulling Nails Blend 2 instead, because it was really fucking tasty.

Will_Edgar, jfstilling and Theortiz01 like this.
  10. TheBeerAlmanac

TheBeerAlmanac Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2011 Kentucky

For the record, this was the final beer in the 12 Days Of Beermas. Will be popping very soon. Huge thanks again to @end_27 for sending so many awesome brews! And thanks to my wife for letting me drink more than normal throughout the week! I also want to thank my mom for having sex with my dad, without which none of this would be possible! And a special thanks to Phillip Seymour Hoffman who has been a big inspiration in my life! Oh who else, I know I'm forgetting someone.

/musicplays

[​IMG]

11. jshusc

jshusc Pooh-Bah (1,630) Aug 16, 2013 South Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Trader

The late moi???

[​IMG]

12. Houser

Houser Pooh-Bah (1,662) Sep 10, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

i need to finish up mine, too. i have a couple more half full growlers to get through. i really have no idea what some of them are.

TheBeerAlmanac likes this.
  13. treshojas

treshojas Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2014 California

I did as well! Hopefully one of us wins! Either way we should just make the trip out there to have it on tap!

14. ripps1

ripps1 Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2012 New Jersey

I still haven't had a beer since BS2.0. Decide to take a few days off since I was drinking pretty regularly for the month of December. I think I need to open one tonight.

15. IPAFan521

IPAFan521 Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2013 Illinois

HATE when these places don't allow proxies...but I understand...

LehighAce06, Houser and treshojas like this.
  16. CTJman

Trader

ive been clean since saturday as well

ripps1 likes this.
  17. treshojas

treshojas Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2014 California

and if we win we only have two weeks to pick them up and it's a 4hr drive from Orange County to Kern

Houser and IPAFan521 like this.
  18. CTJman

Trader

just prepare as if its going to happen. if you dont win at least you can still tell your wife/gf/etc you did win (she wont know) and drive to some other cool brewery for the day! cheers

19. IPAFan521

I'll send you gas money in your return fire box if you want...

20. IPAFan521

This...

CTJman and Houser like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.