1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sydney Craft Beer Week ...

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by scmorgan, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Starts tomorrow, who is going to what and what the general feel for the events?

2. danieelol

danieelol Advocate (510) Australia Jun 15, 2010

Murray's India Pale Ale dinner. Bring it on baby. If you can hop me up girl, we'll go a long way. Murray's is absolutely awesome for doing an IPA only dinner. Seriously.

3. barls

barls Aficionado (175) Australia Nov 15, 2006

going to try to make some events but its hard to with anhc next week as well

4. revdrjbob

revdrjbob Savant (265) Australia Apr 20, 2004

Was originally doing 3 events, but our Bloodwood dinner has been cancelled due to lack of bookings. HopDog will be attending Food Flights with Riverside at Danks St Depot on Wednesday night - pouring our collaboration Farmhouse Saison, and doing Brewers & Chewers at the Taphouse Thursday. Our Redhopulous will be part of the Hoppin' Mad SpecTapular today.

Would love to get along to a whole bunch of events, but someone's gotta run the brewery. Have an awesome time everyone who's attending.

5. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Advocate (610) Australia Dec 29, 2006

I'm heading along to the Riverside dinner at Courtneys in Parramatta. Looking forward to it. Well priced, restaurant has a decent reputation and I've been impressed with the Riverside stuff I've had and Dave's a good guy.

I think the Yulli's idea of having Thirsty Crow beers on all week is really good. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get over that side of town for it.

I'll probably head along to the Australian Hotel Beer Festival in the Rocks. Been to the last 7 and had some good and very average days at it, so a bit of a lucky dip, but its easy enough to get to to take that chance.

I haven't enjoyed a Young Henry's beer yet. They seem to be the most active with events which is great but I'll probably give them a miss.

The Murrays dinner sounds really good, better priced than their previous ones. It clashes with a prior commitment, so I'll have to mids that one. Will definitely be interested in hearing how it is.

The Danks Street Depot night with HopDog & Riverside is another I'd like to get to, but I think time will be the enemy.

6. spicelab

spicelab Savant (425) Australia Nov 6, 2009

7. Lukie

Lukie Savant (425) Australia Jun 16, 2007

That dinner looks so good. Shawn should save some beer and send it to me!

8. danieelol

danieelol Advocate (510) Australia Jun 15, 2010

ujelly?

9. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Advocate (610) Australia Dec 29, 2006

Really enjoyed the Riverside beer dinner at Courtneys Brasserie in Parramatta on Tuesday. Beers were quite good, food was impressive. Some matches worked brilliantly and others didn't, but a good fun night.

Nice trying Rum Barrel Butcher Porter at Harts, Scotty! Will hopefully get back there again for Thirsty Crow Vanilla Milk Stout.

Interested in hearing about the Murray's dinner last night, should been lots of fun

10. barls

barls Aficionado (175) Australia Nov 15, 2006

only got to docs tap takeover at the union, bloody home brew conference got in the way.
    happy to pass on any feedback to paddo on friday if you want owen.