1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $14.99 (US/print only). Offer ends April 30. Subscribe now! (Because great beer deserves great stories AND readers.)

Tallgrass in Ohio?

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by TheGordianKnot, Mar 10, 2012.

1. I'm from Ohio but moved a little over a year ago. I'm visiting Columbus this weekend and found Tallgrass at a bar last night. When did they come in and where can I get it on shelves? My brother said he's never seen it before and I'd like to take some Buffalo Sweat and 8bit (if even available) back with me...

On a second note- I remember seeing on the old forums that there was 1 place in columbus that would get some Jackie O's every now and then, I'd like to call and see if they have any; can someone help with which place that is?

Thanks!

2. BB1313

BB1313 Champion (825) Ohio Jul 16, 2009

They entered Ohio in 2011.. you probably just missed them when you moved. It's very easy to find here in Cleveland, can't really speak for Columbus.

3. beesy

beesy Savant (380) Ohio Jul 21, 2010

You know, not that I've been looking for this, but I cant remember seeing lots of it on the shelves around lately. I do remember seeing some buffalo sweat at pace-hi at the beginning of the year - but i only remember seeing it in the singles coolers. You could give'em a call to see if they still have any.

4. bluejacket74

bluejacket74 Champion (815) Ohio Jul 4, 2005

On your second note, I've heard that Bodega gets some Jackie O's brews on tap occasionally, and that The Barrel and Bottle in the North Market (I think that's what the store there is called) has had some of their bottles in the past, but the bottles don't make it there very often since most of them are sold at the releases at Jackie O's. Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Tallgrass has been in Columbus for about a year or so. I've seen the Buffalo Sweat around town, but not any 8bit.

5. Thanks for the info guys... Not sure how I've missed it on my recent trips, but now I'll have my eyes peeled