1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

tapking

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by barls, Jul 29, 2013.

1. barls

barls Member

2. scmorgan

scmorgan Member

Ignoring the beer, aint a more robust style of package better than just plain bottles and cans? Might inspire other ... ???
  3. barls

barls Member

so when are you putting beer out in this one scotty
  4. Darwin553

Darwin553 Member

The new goon sacks of the beer industry.
  5. danieelol

danieelol Member

if they get Founders then I'm all on board
  6. scmorgan

scmorgan Member

Dunno if these would be as comfortable though ...
  7. mulder1010

mulder1010 Aficionado

Try Binnys for that
  8. Darwin553

Darwin553 Member

I agree. Goon sacks minus the cardboard it is in makes a pretty comfy pillow. Tap king, on the other hand, well image sleeping on a 2ltr bottle of coke.
  9. scmorgan

scmorgan Member

But, at least you could refill the bottle with pee and then gas it up ... insta Corona!
  10. Darwin553

Darwin553 Member

True that. That is probably what Lion Nathan want you to do...

So, the tap king beer stand arrived in store today ahead of us getting our hands on the actual product. Fucking Lion Nathan and their generic build...it is huge and really only meant to fit in Dan's or 1st Choice.
    CarlisleWineBin likes this.
  11. hopswiller

hopswiller Member

I don't reckon it will last a year due to the price.

2 x 3.2 litres of JS Chancer for $51 yet for and extra $3 dollars you can get a carton, good luck lion nathan your going to need it.
  12. Darwin553

Darwin553 Member

My rough calculation has that '2x' deal at approx. 5 six packs worth. Not a bad deal considering RRP of a carton and the fact that the tap king is meant to replicate what comes out on draught at a pub.

BTW - they ****ed me over again as it is not one stand you have to erect in your store but two - one for the shopfloor, the other for the coldroom :(
  13. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Member

Only just saw the print ads in the Sydney Morning Herald. I understand they must've advertised during the Rugby League State of Origin as my Facebook feed had a lot of macro-drinking friends liking their page and raving about how great it would be to have at home.

Seems like it would need to offer some benefit to change and purchase the system.

It will take up a fair bit of fridge space, need to wash glassware etc...so i hope there's some cost saving, ability to get things you can't otherwise get, otherwise there's an environmental gain...but that doesn't seem like Lion was targeting that.
  14. hopswiller

hopswiller Member

Very rough indeed, a carton is 9 litres. The 2x deal works out to around 17 stubbies.

I know the tap king is supposed to replicate draught at the pub but the price should be a lot cheaper to appeal to their customer range.
  15. Darwin553

Darwin553 Member

Yep your right :( 3 six packs it is.
  16. foles

foles Member

It only makes sense if it is cheaper because of the reduction in packaging. If it is not cheaper, its a marketing gimmick.
  17. Darwin553

Darwin553 Member

Agree should be cheaper based on packaging. LN are just trying to make hay while the sun shines with the launch. Haven't sold one yet and we've had them for 2 days already...