1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Tasting size snifters

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by ckobes, Feb 15, 2013.

1. ckobes

ckobes Initiate (0) Illinois Jul 11, 2012

What is your favorite tasting size snifter? Also, is it available to purchase online or in a store?

I'm looking to grab a couple for some upcoming tastings I will be throwing. Curious to see the community's take on them.

2. beerman4, Treyliff and ckobes like this.
  3. bvdubn

bvdubn Savant (350) Pennsylvania Dec 1, 2011

I think I am going to buy a few 9oz snifters for tastings. I don't know that the size is as important as having multiples of the same glassware so you can judge how much you are pouring into each glass.

4. ckobes

This is excellent. I will definitely look into picking up a few.

5. IKEA and Pier 1 stores usually have inexpensive tasting-size snifters.

6. tectactoe

tectactoe Champion (835) Michigan Mar 20, 2012

Those Firestone ones are sweet, too bad the shipping is like 10$

:-x

7. Fujii13

Fujii13 Savant (250) New York Apr 27, 2011

I use Duvel tasting glasses I've acquired from going to Belgium Comes to Cooperstown over the past 6 years. I have about 10 over them so they're perfect for when the guys come over for small bottle shares.

8. Mreyes69

Mreyes69 Aficionado (110) Illinois Dec 12, 2011

9. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

Fujii13 likes this.
  10. rxbeer

rxbeer Zealot (85) California Apr 5, 2012

11. Go to binny's! They have 4, 8, and 12 oz snifters, for $4, $5, $6 (I think) or cheap at least.

12. it's true i ordered 2 of the sample snifters and one proprietors glass which is $8 I think so $16 total in glass, my bill was i think $23.xx so shipping wasn't too crazy and i'm in NJ so Cali to NJ is about as far distance wise in the CONUS it could travel.. love both sampler and proprietors series glass, use both of them often.

13. TNGabe

TNGabe Initiate (0) Tennessee Feb 6, 2012

You can get a case of 24 6oz snifters from Webstaurantstore for $40 + shipping. They've got some really nice taster glasses, too, but more like $200 a case.

14. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

15. ZPag

ZPag Aficionado (105) New York Dec 3, 2012

Go to bed bath and beyond and in their glass section they have boxes of 12, 4 oz Tasting snifters that basically look exactly like those Firestone ones. I think they are like 20 bucks, but we use those for all our informal tastings. They work excellent.

16. bluejacket74

bluejacket74 Champion (805) Ohio Jul 4, 2005

World Market sells the smaller size tasting snifters too, I'd guess they're around 4 ounces. I bought one a couple months ago, I just don't remember how much it was but I'm thinking maybe around $2.99 each.

salzar likes this.
  17. salzar

salzar Initiate (0) California Dec 27, 2008

The libby snifters (4oz) are available at Cost plus world market, they work great! They also sell a 4oz pint flute(?), that I find is great for serving with people because: A) they are very strong B) It looks like a big pour but it is only 4 oz C) 5-6 pours from a 750mL

bluejacket74 likes this.
  18. Well, since my favorite tasting size is usually 12 oz or more I've got a pretty sweet snifter that could probably hold close to 20-22oz. I've never measured it, but a 12 oz goes slightly less that halfway. A good find at Salvation Army for $.89.

19. Don't forget Dollar Tree for cheap ones. If you want a really cool logo beer glass, try globalbeer or truebeer.

20. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (380) New York Jul 16, 2011

12 oz... I like pouring a whole bottle in one if possible. Also prefer etched glass logos over colored logos, so I have no guilt when I shove them in the dishwasher.
    I agree w/ the IKEA suggestion. they're great for inexpensive/durable/cute martini and beer glassware.

21. That's cheap compared to Founders shipping prices. I had about 5 items in my cart on their site until I saw shipping was $24 :/

22. jplopez21

jplopez21 Advocate (590) Illinois Nov 14, 2012

Left hand has some cool mini snifters as well other than FW.

[​IMG]

23. I want at least 12 oz, just saying.

24. ckobes

I really appreciate all of the responses. Going to look into all of these options. Although, if you're in the Chicago area and want to join a bourbon county tasting.. you can join for the small price of a snifter :)