1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Tastings in the Seattle/Bellevue/Redmond area

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by RandomName7, Dec 29, 2012.

1. RandomName7

RandomName7 Member

I moved to Bellevue a few months ago and have been fairly busy til now, but I've watching on here to see if there were any regular tasting groups.

My cellar is starting to build up again between all the Bruery and Crooked Stave beers I got recently and the case or so of Eclipse I have on its way and some various beers from Austin.

Anyway, I know in Austin there was a monthly BA tasting that I'd go to and then usually a few other tastings through the month at peoples houses, but I haven't really seen anything on here about any tastings lately. Understandably, it is the holidays, but...

Where be the beer drinkers? So much more fun sharing bottles with people.
  2. NWer

NWer Member

Don't know about any regular tasting groups around Bellevue. A little off topic and a ways off but be sure to attend the Flock Party May 5th at Black Raven Brewing Co in Redmond. One of my look-forward-to events each year.
  3. Clearbrew22

Clearbrew22 Member

4. CHILLINDYLAN

CHILLINDYLAN Member

Keep an eye on the NW forum, tastings pop up every now and again. I've been to several Seattle areas tastings and am always interested in more.

You can always propose one yourself and gauge interest as well.

February sounds nice for a barleywine tasting... or imperial stouts?
    Mages64 likes this.
  5. RandomName7

RandomName7 Member

I would like to, but I don't currently have a car. Getting to Redmond or Seattle by bus is pretty easy and cab fare is reasonable. From what I can tell, taking a bus to Monroe would be quite a trek. I plan on getting a car hopefully sometime next year, so I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Yeah, I think the only tasting I saw pop up was a sour one a while back, but unfortunately it was on a Saturday and I had to work. I'm hoping eventually someone will have one on a Sunday ^_^. As for proposing one myself, I had thought about it, but I wouldn't really know where to have it. I'd use my place, but furnishing it really hasn't been a huge priority as of yet, been spending all my money on tech and beer, so at the moment my only furniture is 2 of those little square ikea tables, an ikea chair and an airbed.

Definitely plan on hosting some once I get a couch and table and stuff in a few months, but meanwhile my cellar is ballooning.

I suppose February isn't too far away. I'm not opposed to a themed tasting (though Barleywines are harder, most of the good ones are fairly hard to get) but I've got quite a few different styles I want to open (Though a large portion are IS and a large portion are Sours). Anyway if you do get a tasting together in February let me know.
  6. barleywinefiend

barleywinefiend Member

I'm partial to another Bwine tasting in Seattle ;)