1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Tears in my beer... Tales of bottle accidents

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by shangwang, Dec 2, 2012.

1. sobeleg

sobeleg Member

I remember a similar thread from the old forums where someone posted a photo of a dropped case of Abyss, and I believe not one survived. That was a horrifying picture.
  2. smithm1970

smithm1970 Member

Visited Belgium in '08 for kerstbierfest and on the trip, went to Liefman's. Was given a TWENTY YEAR OLD magnum bottle of Grand Cru, which was broken courtesy of the jackoff at O'Hare who I respectfully asked not to throw my luggage- which he promptly did with a shit-eating grin.

The laugh was on him: in my attempt to cleanup said bottle, I cut my hand..of course, I then proceeded to make certain I reported as a biohazard spill which same idiot needed to cleanup.
  3. khofer3839

khofer3839 Member

My buddy and I each bought a bomber of Hoptimum a while back and when he went to grab his off the counter later he dropped it and broke, sad days. Luckily, I still had mine so we just shared.
  4. finsterbaby

finsterbaby Member

Dropped a bottle of Stone IRS 2012 at the store (not too long after it was released)! This is after asking the beer guy if he can get some from the back to which he gladly obliged. He brought out a couple of cases and handed me 4 bottles. I promptly dropped one! Only in the last month have I had the nerve to start going back.
  5. jgroch2

jgroch2 Member

Can we re-name this thread "Tears for Beers"?
    shangwang, wolfeman007 and LOCAL like this.
  6. Flight0011

Flight0011 Member

I have 2 incidents that brought me to tears, One was a full bottle of becks that dropped on my bare foot and exploded like a grenade. The second isnt a bottle incedent as much as it was a botteling incident. I was getting ready to bottle 5. gal of Hellas that had been conditioning for 8 weeks, It was liquid gold, it tasted so good. Anyway I was transfering my beer from the carboy to the bucket and I didnt put the lid on. As my back was turned I heard this slurping.... my husband had left the door open... the dog got in and enjoyed/contaminated my beer, I was in tears as I was pouring it out, it would have been a great beer.
  7. StoutSeth

StoutSeth Member

Was a day away from moving halfway across the country and stocked up on beer I couldn't get out East. When I opened my back driver's side door of my pickup my case fell into my driveway and broke over half of the bottles. The next morning we left before any of the bottle shops opened... Worst moving experience ever.
  8. Paul68

Paul68 Member

This is why i hate moving!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The neck had about 3 ounces in it. Made sure it didn't go to waste. And it was delicious!
    WhiteJordan likes this.
  9. TheJollyHop

TheJollyHop Member

Now that's a bummer...
    Providence likes this.
  10. jriggins6

jriggins6 Member

Friend and I were sharing a 2011 CBS in a nice Founders snifter. It was a chilly fall morning. We were standing outside and as he went for his first sip, glass slipped out of his hands and there it went all over the floor. poor guy
  11. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Member

This is probably one of the worst in the thread. Was it a full bottle?
  12. mrzazz

mrzazz Member

We should all bow our heads for a moment of silence for all the beers lost!
  13. Paul68

Paul68 Member

I was planning on opening it in April for my 45th birthday. I figured 5 years was long enough to hold on to it. Now i'm searching for something else to celebrate with.
  14. shangwang

shangwang Member

my bad... you're right. it was an '09 Sophie, and I drank an '08 Matilda afterwards, hence the transposing of years.
  15. shangwang

shangwang Member

wow... that sucks... so much...
  16. mikeburd1128

mikeburd1128 Member

I wish you luck.