1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Texelse Bierbrouwerij

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by danfue, Jun 23, 2013.

1. danfue

danfue Aficionado (235) Germany Sep 16, 2012

Does anyone know this brewery located in Oudeschild on the island of Texel?

I've been to the brewery about three years ago when on vacation in Holland. It was a cold and rainy day in the middle of summer (as usual around these parts) and so we decided to take the ferry from Den Helder and pay a visit to this brewery which I read about before in some tourist flyer.

Anyway, I remember it was a great thing, taking the brewery tour and getting to taste a few shots of most types afterwards in their brewpub. I also took home a gift box with 5 different types, 2 bottles for each.

Now I thought I could order some of their beers, but it seems like their distribution is very limited. There are just two stores and a couple of bars in the Ruhr area in Germany where this is sold. Does anyone know how to get these?

Well, above all. Just as a recommendation: their beers are great! All of them have a slight hint of salty flavor due to the groundwater they use being filtered by the salty dunes of the coast. So, if you're anywhere near Amsterdam, it's about a one hour drive to Den Helder, you take an expensive ferry from there and you're almost there. www.speciaalbier.com
  2. Erzengel

Erzengel Aficionado (220) Germany Sep 8, 2008

BM sent - I know that a local store here has at least the
    Texels Skuumkoppe
  3. I can get the tripel and the Skuumkoppe for you as you can see on this picture i made last saturday! Just let me know![​IMG]