1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Thank You Canadian BAs

Discussion in 'Canada' started by canucklehead, Mar 7, 2013.

1. As of today I have been on BA for 10 years . I have seen a lot of changes in beer in Canada and on this site but it you the Canadian BAs that have kept me reviewing and participating . I have some Maui Coconut Porter coming from Hawaii today ( via my Mother lol) so I will toast you all to another 10 years.

Thanks Mark Faviell

2. I'll toast you later with a bottle of Dunham's "Leo's Early Breakfast IPA"! Cheers to another 10 years!

3. Thank you Mark for all your effort reviewing and leadership

4. Beat me by 5 days!

Cheers to ya.

5. Cheers!

6. Its about time somebody started thanking me.

Congratulations on the milestone!

andrenaline likes this.
  7. Congrats on 10 years.....think I'm coming up to 9. Joined when I moved to Canada back in '04.

8. 10 years!! That's awesome. Thanks for all you contribute. Cheers!

9. Thanks to everyone and congrats to rudge75 as he celebrates 10 years in 5 days. I will have to drink a Half Pints in celebration

10. hoser

hoser Savant (380) Alberta (Canada) Feb 17, 2003

Congratulations canucklehead and not to steal any thunder you guys made me look. I was ten years last month.

11. You. Are. Welcome.

12. 10 more good years

Rutager likes this.
  13. smakawhat

smakawhat Poobah (1,170) Maryland Mar 18, 2008

Always on the look out for more solid Canadian brews, keep em coming and thanks Canadian BAs!

14. Is that you in your avatar? Seen some of your youtube videos. Good stuff!

15. smakawhat

smakawhat Poobah (1,170) Maryland Mar 18, 2008

yes that's our hero... ;) Always hunting good drink, particularly beer!

16. Way to Go ! Beer drinking is a Hobie that's good to stick with ! :)....

17. Congrats on the decade!!! and you too Dave when the calender turns over.

18. Anyone wanna comment what the scene was like 10 years ago? I was a wee one back then.

19. We could get Gale's Prize Old Ale, Rauchenfelser Steinbier, Tomas Hardy's, Schlenkerla Rauchbier, and Rodenbach Grand Cru fairly easily from the MLCC. I was living and brewing in Saskatchewan - that's the year that we brewed the Honey Thistle Wit in spring and Strathdee Old Barleywine in December. I joined BA cause I needed to trade with others across the country to do an all Canadian Microbrew beer tasting at the Bushwakker.

20. 10 years ago there was a transition period in which Shaftebury and Bowen sold out and Phillips was still struggling to make a decent beer but I think for me the introduction of Tree Hophead was the sign that things were heading in the right direction. Things are so much better now in BC beer than 10 years ago.

Rutager likes this.
  21. Congrats Mark! I remember checking out your reviews (and still do) when i first came aboard and really appreciate your contribution to the Canadian beer scene.

22. Congrats on 10 yrs! Mark contacted me as a newbie and encouraged me to continue to post and participate, creating community through local artisan beer - thanks for welcoming me and the encouragement.