1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Thank you San Diego!!!

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by Ndfan1323, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Ndfan1323

Ndfan1323 Member

I am trying to move to san diego so one weekend out of the month i spend time there. What a weekend at hamiltons tavern. Friday night i was able to enjoy pliny the younger as well as elder and blind pig on tap. Decided to go the next night because sierra nevada was holding an event. 17 beers on tap from sierra nevada and torpedo on cask. Younger and blind pig were gone by then. I thnk i want to move there just for the beer!!!!
  2. Levitation

Levitation Member

you're welcome.

and san diego is full.
    pinkgrenade, ahpark, deeblo and 3 others like this.
  3. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Member

When I lived in CA back in the 70s, I visited SD county for the horse racing.(Del Mar) Who'd have thunk back then..
  4. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Member

Was out for SDBW 2011, I understand and appreciate your enthusiasm. Wish I didn't live a Coast away. *sigh* Damn you West Coast people....Damn you! (in a jealous way)
  5. checktherhyme

checktherhyme Member

I have had 2 family members and 3 friends randomly move there in the last 6 months. Im so happy to have an "excuse" to go there now. It is the one major beer city I haven't traveled.
  6. tyrsis

tyrsis Member

I have a sticker that says "Welcome to San Diego. Now go home."

...yeah
    jzeilinger likes this.
  7. BrianTheBrewer30

BrianTheBrewer30 Member

Ha....my wife's cousin would love to put that on his car. He would probably point at me every time I am around.
  8. 4balance

4balance Member

My brother lives in SD and is trying to get me to move there, I am definitely considering because of Pliney! Sorry bro!
  9. RoamingGnome

RoamingGnome Member

So many Ron Burgandy quotes running through my mind right now.
    pinkgrenade and bifrost17 like this.
  10. draheim

draheim Member

You realize, of course, that Russian River is 549 miles northwest of San Diego? And that you can get Pliny pretty much anywhere in this area? http://russianriverbrewing.com/where-to-get-our-beers/

Just saying, California is a big state, and Pliny's distribution is even bigger.
  11. 4balance

4balance Member

Hmmmm, Colorado is much closer to me! Thanks for the info…
  12. peteinSD

peteinSD Member

i have no problem with more beer nerds because they don't surf.
    ahpark likes this.