1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.

Comment Thanks for the .25 increment change, Bros! (aka Revisiting vs. Ticking)

Discussion in 'Site' started by thecheapies, Jan 14, 2013.

1. **Keepin' them BA ratings accurate, one beer at at time**

Rather than seeking out new brews like it's my day-job, I can now interpolate past-reviewed beers among my first-timers to fine-tune ratings and create new experiences. I'm having so much fun going back and re-reviewing some of the awesome beers and classic staples that I had before so that I can give them a proper nod.

I encourage the other real-deal 'reviewers' of BA to do the same! So before you start gulping down that Finest Kind that you grabbed out of the fridge, take the pen in hand again.

EXAMPLE:

Last night, I pulled out a trusty ol' KBS to compare side-by-side with my first ever BCBS. Gave Bourbon County an honest review and write-up, but attached my new KBS review to my old KBS review and tweaked some of the score numbers. When I review, I think it really magnifies my enjoyment because I'm paying attention to the subtle details of the aroma and flavor; so, it was great to pay homage to KBS again like that.

Duff27 likes this.
  2. I will be the first to admit that I was against the 0.25 increments in the past. However, now that I have done some reviews with the new system, I think that it's a better set of measurements to score beers because of the times when something is not quite at a 0.50 level either way.