The Alchemist is closing the cannery to the public on 11/15

Discussion in 'New England' started by BoldRulerVT, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rudzud

rudzud Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2010 Massachusetts
    In Memoriam

Will be interesting to see if Shaun goes back on his very strong sentiments of "I will NEVER bottle any of my IPAs"

2. skivtjerry

skivtjerry Pooh-Bah (1,841) Mar 10, 2006 Vermont
    Pooh-Bah Society

That was the original plan - retail at the brewery was a last second addition.

3. skivtjerry

Pooh-Bah Society

Quite a shitstorm going on here. I don't really have anything to add except we have patronized the Alchemist from the day they opened (10 years on the 23rd!) and I can't imagine the Kimmichs doing wrong by anyone unless they were forced into it by very extreme circumstances. I will choose to trust them.

rozzom, Ranbot, jrnyc and 2 others like this.
  4. BoldRulerVT

BoldRulerVT Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2013 Vermont

Trusting John and Jen feels right to me. This will all work out. I need a Heady.

5. mltobin

mltobin Pooh-Bah (2,202) Apr 1, 2007 Connecticut
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Ready for a Heady ? I know I am. :slight_smile:

6. skivtjerry

Pooh-Bah Society

This is starting to look like an all-time BA thread record, if it keeps going for a day or 2...

BoldRulerVT likes this.
  7. Kinsman

Kinsman Maven (1,433) Aug 26, 2009 Nevada

Oh I know. I bought it at a place in Woodstock on a couple of occasions. I just don't get why people are so upset they have to buy it at a regular beer store just like everything else.

8. Jbrews

Jbrews Pooh-Bah (1,800) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

I feel bad for the nice folks in the retail store who most lost likely lose their jobs on the 15th :slight_frown: You were very nice every time I was in

Janeinma likes this.
  9. BoldRulerVT

If I know anything about the Kimmichs, not one person will lose their job with this transition. When the Pub was lost in the flood, they moved all their employees over to the cannery. Their employees are their family.

10. jdaddy

jdaddy Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2010 Pennsylvania

The winners here are the southern most retailers closest to major population centers. Waterbury? Where's that?

11. BoldRulerVT

Why would the southern most retailers be the winners? Because beer tourists from Boston, NH etc...would stop at the southern most stores?

12. JakerLou

JakerLou Pooh-Bah (1,992) Jan 6, 2013 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

Thanks for the info. And yeah 4 cases, me and a friend over 2 days. Almost 2 cases would go to about 6 friends and we each walk with one case for personal consumption. Seemed like a good plan until today's announcement.

Bustersuess likes this.
  13. Jbrews

Jbrews Pooh-Bah (1,800) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

I hear ya and want to belive that, but business is business. I know in my work if I hire a software developer and that job is eliminated I can't make them a PR person just to keep them employed, ya know

14. skivtjerry

Pooh-Bah Society

They will most likely spend more time working in the brewery rather than talking to you and working crowd control, for now. Hopefully we will see them again before too long.

15. Sean802

Sean802 Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2013 Vermont

They could have been more forthcoming with the details (temporary!, keep growlers, moving), first and foremost. But the amount of negativity, anger, and entitlement is ridiculous. It baffles me when people just type the first thoughts that come into their head instead of trying to be rational and logical about it. A lot of the arguments just don't make sense.

Breathe, everyone.

16. CTJman

CTJman Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

i may need to stop watching this thread haha its entertaining but doesnt stop!

jomobono likes this.
  17. BoldRulerVT

Wrong, wrong wrong.

18. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Pooh-Bah (1,969) Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

I wouldn't be surprised to see some interesting monetization strategies coming out of HF in the coming year.

19. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Pundit (955) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

I might've closed up shop due to the hassle if I were the Alchemist. I hope it's just temporary but I could hardly blame the Alchemist (or HF for that matter) if the hassle just wasnt worth it any more. Sometimes a labor of love can become a burden

20. BoldRulerVT

EnronCFO can you elaborate? Interested to hear your thoughts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.