1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

The all encompassing New Haven B.A. thread

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by cruzmissile72, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I believe they said mid October is when they plan to release the Premeditated Murder.
  2. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

Wow,looooove this label......lol.

Cheers to NEBCo. !
    Pete27lax and davey101 like this.
  3. Final Friday, anyone?
  4. kozaka

kozaka Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 25, 2006

Can someone explain the label? Hitchcock?
  5. A group of crows is called a "murder"
    kozaka likes this.
  6. kozaka

kozaka Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 25, 2006

Ah, learned something new today. Very clever.
  7. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

So....is galaxy still on?
  8. (203) 387-2222
  9. Got some yesterday at around 5, so probably
  10. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

Haha ya. I'm at work though. I can check BA but it's hard to walk away to make a call.
  11. Fair point.
    davey101 likes this.
  12. smackfu

smackfu Zealot (80) Connecticut Nov 14, 2007

How is the new Rudy's doing beerwise? I haven't been there since they opened... just on the wrong side of downtown for me.
  13. Usually a pretty solid compact list that leans Belgian but also features regional craft. Belgians may be a touch more expensive than other area bars especially if it is a sour
  14. Haven't been there. Where in the city is it?
  15. smutty33

Anyone have any info on BCBS in the N.H. area yet?

I saw Plan B in Glastonbury had it on their tap list a few days ago.

Cheers All......
  16. I know NY got bottles pushed back to 10/1, not 100% sure on CT. Most of my CT stores get deliveries today...

That said, you coming to Final Friday? Gonna be there with a bunch of people. Bringing bottles to share and IP trade as well...
  17. smutty33

I had a hunch you were going to reply.......;)
    I am thinking about Final Friday.....not sure yet.

Cheers
  18. smackfu

smackfu Zealot (80) Connecticut Nov 14, 2007

Chapel & Howe, right near Miya's.
  19. HA!

And do it!!! Beieve it or not, I've never been to a Final Friday!
  20. Knifestyles

Knifestyles Savant (445) New York Jun 7, 2005

Heard reports of BCBS being tap only in CT as there was no "label approval" (via both store owners and distributors).

Anyone else heard something similar?
  21. I had NOT heard that yet. Thanks for the info though. I could see that being the case.
  22. codasnap52

codasnap52 Savant (305) Connecticut Jan 24, 2008

My beer story guy said they were getting it in when I spoke to him on Friday, so this is news to me. Also, everyone go to Final Friday. Its not a bad way to spend a cool, rainy Friday with the post-work crowd.
  23. Corner of Chapel and Howe. Dive bar turned beer bar/restaurant after moving to the current location. Awesome Belgian frites. I like the mango madness sauce
  24. I talked to 4 shops on Rt 7 from Danbury to Norwalk today, ranging in size/beer centricness, and none had heard ANYTHING about it.

I plan on going. Sounds awesome. They posted on FB that they're having Half Full Brewery there as well. Food too. Did go up to $10, but who cares?
  25. Thanks, I think I know where it is. I'll have to pop in.
  26. Here's the FB post in its entirety. Sadly it doesn't say anything about food:

Changes to Final Friday: Price is going up to $10- BUT! We will be giving a portion to charity, you'll get some extras too! More variety of beers, a special cask to sample and in addition, local breweries will be invited to offer their beers. Not so bad? Tomorrow we 'll have Conor and the crew from Half Full Brewery, musical guests- the long awaited return of James Velvet with the Ivory Bills! Still the best deal in town. 6 to 9 on The Final Friday of the month.
  27. Read the 1st post directly below:

New England Brewing Co.Also tomorrow, our new neighbor, Wheeler's Cafe will be roasting a pig and dishing out samples- great place. And... our other neighbor The Winchester will have the after party as usual.
  28. I saw that, but I wasn't sure whether the samples would be at FF itself or at Wheeler's nearby. I was under the impression that NEBCO didn't have the proper licensure to serve food at their events.
  29. They've had food before provided by The Winchester
  30. You might be right, not really sure. I read it as they would be there, but if they don't have the propers paperwork, then maybe not.
  31. Now that you mention it, I was actually there when they did that. D'oh. Tasty pulled-pork and jalapeƱo nachos from the Winchester - don't know how I forgot.
  32. codasnap52

Yeah my beer guy just told me they were supposed to be getting it, not quite when though. Hopefully i'll get a surprise this week, but I'll see if I can dig up some more information before then. Also, I checked out Half Full Brewery in Stamford last Friday for their open house and left pretty impressed with their offerings (esp the Apple Pie IPA) and their brewery scene. Glad to hear Conor took my drunken rants literally when I told him to "please take a page from NEBCO's book and be like them." Its nice that the two are working together to broaden CT's craft beer scene. I saw the post about Final Friday being $10 as well. The price jump is a bummer, though anyone who has been to Final Friday knows how ridiculously underpriced that event always was. If 3 beers for 10 bucks seems steep, its not like you can't get an additional sample or two, or 3... ;)
    kozaka likes this.
  33. Looking forward to Friday...
  34. Just called the brewery. FF is 100% still on. They have Galaxy on tap and a cask of Coriolis as well as the Half Full Full beers. They said they expect less people due to weather. As previously stated by WoosterBill, to get the food, you actually have to walk over to the place, it's not in the brewery.

As of now, I still plan on going. Also plan on bringing some bottles/cans to share/trade...
  35. codasnap52

Time to dust off the 'ol growler for a Galaxy fill!
    sandman3479 likes this.
  36. Ive had a few Relic brews and I know the brewer had a batch get out of one of his brews (Houndstooth I believe) that was infected. He has said he will replace a bomber of the infected beer. When I was at the brewery everything on tap was very good with know signs of flaws. I am hopeful that the infected batch was a one time error and it seems that Marc (the brewer) is ready to do right by his customers.
  37. Average beers and food. Not the best place to go on a weekend. The beers seem to have improved over time and Mark (brewer/owner) is trying some new interesting stuff, which is nice. The seasonals are usually the best on tap and Ive heard that the cask brews (no cask at Branford location) can be very good. i'll meet you there for a pint sometime if you want.
    cruzmissile72 likes this.
  38. I'm down to meet for a seasonal pint then sometime during the week. Message me to arrange.
  39. If anyone is still looking for FBS, I saw a decent amount of it at Coastal Wine on Saturday. It's also on tap at Delaney's as of Saturday afternoon.

I guess this is potentially the week BCS comes out, right?
  40. codasnap52

I talked to the manager at Wine Thief on Saturday hoping he could clarify any news on BCS. So far they seem as in the dark as we are. Though he thought they might see some BCS tomorrow since the distributor will make their deliveries then. Fingers crossed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.