1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

The all encompassing New Haven B.A. thread

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by cruzmissile72, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandman3479

sandman3479 Member

Great to see/meet everyone at Final Friday last week. Was good times!
    smutty33 likes this.
  2. NiceFly

NiceFly Member

Pretty much the same info I got at Amity.
  3. DrWangerBanger

DrWangerBanger Member

So I'm assuming no news is bad news on the BCS front, considering we're approaching the end of the business day.
  4. NiceFly

NiceFly Member

No, I found a bunch. I bought it all so I did not think it was worth updating this thread.

Just booted a few, pretty potent.

OK, none of that is true but would make for a hell of a weekend starting today:eek:!
    phorestfreak likes this.
  5. thegerm87

thegerm87 Member

Any news? I called a few places up and down New Haven County the past two days and haven't gotten anywhere. I was hoping somebody else has heard something good...
  6. naloxone

naloxone Member

The stores are all on standby as the distro doesn't yet know if they are getting any. Worst case, there will be at least a couple logs floating around town.
  7. Loadingdock

Loadingdock Member

New Haven is getting BCS sometime this month. At first the allotment was so small Dichello wasn't going to take any becuase it would have made to many retailers upset for not getting any. Allotment was then increase, but will still be very limited. Should have more information today after Dicehello weekly salesman meeting. Will post update after my salesman come in today.
  8. OldCrustacean79

OldCrustacean79 Member

Don't know if I met you but im sure we stood in the same line a few times! How did you like the cask of Coriolis?
  9. sandman3479

sandman3479 Member

We were in the back near the entrance bottle/can sharing towards the end.

I thought the Coriolis was tasty, as always.
  10. OldCrustacean79

OldCrustacean79 Member

Not 100% sure my "go to shop guy" is correct, but he stated on Tueday that they will be receiving more than a couple cases of BCBS.

With that said he also has never told me anything that wasn't ultimately going to happen.
  11. OldCrustacean79

OldCrustacean79 Member

I agree it was tasty!

I also showed up with some goodies to share or trade but as it was my first FF I was unsure who, what, where, and how it would go down! Maybe I will learn for next time!
  12. DrWangerBanger

DrWangerBanger Member

I think it's important to know that this is maybe the 3rd week in a row we've heard someone's source say "next week."

The guy I talked to on the phone at Amity this week said they had absolutely no idea when it would be coming in and that they are just waiting to hear. I would guess that is the most accurate answer anyone can give at the moment.

edit: I should specify that the guy I talked to clearly had a really great handle on everything, since my post makes it sound like he was a clueless employee.
    phorestfreak likes this.
  13. sandman3479

sandman3479 Member

It was a bunch of ours too. Great time. We started sharing outside, but then it started raining, so we moved it to the back corner inside. Did a trade there too!
  14. OldCrustacean79

OldCrustacean79 Member

I will look for you guys next time! Maybe we coordinate ahead of time.

I ended up meeting a old BA guy who went by Venom but said he was kicked off of here. He was really knowledgeable and we ended up sharing a "Old Crustacean" from 2010.
  15. codasnap52

codasnap52 Member

Awesome. I had a chance to chat with sandman3479 at the tail end of FF. I'm very new to the bottle sharing thing with BA's (I do mine mostly with close friends) but I'd sure be down to get into them in the future. Keep me posted.
    sandman3479 likes this.
  16. Loadingdock

Loadingdock Member

Salesman just in from Dichello, No BCS this week, or next week. Can only say this month.
  17. drewj23

drewj23 Member

Premeditated murder bottling soon
  18. gamanley

gamanley Member

From NEBco's facebook page:
    "Pre-Meditated Barley wine hitting shelves late next week, fresh batch of Gandhi-Bot hitting shelves early next week, Ghost Pigeon Porter will be ready for growlers next week, and Wet Willy in the tank......(Deep Breath) aaannnddd.....well thats enough I hope."

I can't wait to pick some of everything up. The Ghost pigeon was pretty tasty last year. Has anyone heard anything about BA IST lately?
  19. RMoeNay

RMoeNay Member

Posted on NEBCo's Facebook an hour ago: "Pre-Meditated Barley wine hitting shelves late next week, fresh batch of Gandhi-Bot hitting shelves early next week, Ghost Pigeon Porter will be ready for growlers next week, and Wet Willy in the tank......(Deep Breath) aaannnddd.....well thats enough I hope." next week sounds like it will be tasty.
    cruzmissile72 likes this.
  20. cruzmissile72

cruzmissile72 Member

Definitely want to try the barley wine and some fresh Gandhi-Bot. Really looking forward to them both.
  21. averagjoe3

averagjoe3 Member

did they ever answer if theyre going to sell any bottles of the Barley Wine directly from them?
  22. DrWangerBanger

DrWangerBanger Member

Does anyone know if we'll be seeing Founders Harvest Ale anytime soon?
  23. smutty33

smutty33 Member

They just started bottling,so I would assume in a few weeks or so maybe?

Cheers
  24. codasnap52

codasnap52 Member

Asked this at my local beer store last night. Apparently the recent shipment to the CT distributor (I think its Drinx) was mostly Centennial IPA, so he wasn't sure what the deal with it was. Hope we see it soon, I'm excited to try it. Smutty33 just gave me more hope.
    smutty33 likes this.
  25. sandman3479

sandman3479 Member

WIsconsin got theres in today. Don't ask how I know that :cool:
  26. woosterbill

woosterbill Member

I don't know about bottles (they're filled but not labeled), but it's on for growler fills right now.

BA IST has been pushed back until December at the earliest.
  27. RMoeNay

RMoeNay Member

How is it tasting?
  28. sandman3479

sandman3479 Member

That's pretty awesome. $15?

Me thinks that might be a blessing in disguise...
  29. woosterbill

woosterbill Member

Big, boozy, and delicious. I think with just a little bit of time in bottles it'll be really, really great.

$25, actually, which I suppose is to be expected since it's almost 50% stronger than 668, which is $15. This could be a good time to bust out any 32oz growlers you may have.
  30. sandman3479

sandman3479 Member

$25 for a growler of Barleywine isn't bad
  31. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Member

If anyone knows ... What else is on besides Barleywine right now? Haven't seen anything on their facebook page this week about growlers (just the goodies coming to the shelves).
  32. kozaka

kozaka Initiate

Just called over - Galaxy (thank you!), Gandhi, 668 and little bit of barleywine.
  33. drewj23

drewj23 Member

Prices before you ask, $10-galaxy, $15-gb,$25-murder
    kozaka likes this.
  34. kozaka

kozaka Initiate

How much to fill a 750 with the Bot?
  35. naloxone

naloxone Member

They price half growlers at half price. Don't know what they'd do for a 750
  36. DrWangerBanger

DrWangerBanger Member

Not sure how big a fan base Lagunitas Brown Shugga has, but Amity got some in at some point recently. It looks old because it's absolutely covered in dust, but it's new and delicious.
  37. averagjoe3

averagjoe3 Member

Is BCBS in ct yet?
  38. Knifestyles

Knifestyles Member

No.
    sandman3479 likes this.
  39. codasnap52

codasnap52 Member

Anyone seen the Smuttynose Scotch Style yet? I thought it was supposed to be a September release and I know they will be pouring it at the Beervana Fest in R.I this weekend. But I haven't spotted it anywhere around here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.