1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

The beer formally known as Abacus...

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by scubahood, Feb 22, 2012.

1. The release party was ~three weeks ago and I had read on the old forums that FW normally distributes East to West. Has anyone seen any bottles yet? TIA!

2. Parabola took forever to get to MA. Like 2 months if I recall correctly. Abacus last year was already out when FW came to MA for the first time, so it's hard to gauge by that.

3. It'll arrive in MA once you give up all hope on it arriving in MA. Then it'll be quite plentiful. And CA BA's will complain that they never got theirs.

davey101 likes this.
  4. true. abacus was also easier to obtain, at least around me. not sure if that was because FW was new to the area and abacus didn't have the hype/build-up of parabola or what, but i suspect it'll go faster this time around.

5. scottfrie

scottfrie Advocate (500) California Aug 28, 2009

HEY! I resemble that remark. Actually I just bought 5. Still a few on shelves around me. Glad I didn't have to ask you for some. I'm not sure I would want to though with that remark ;)

SneezyAchew likes this.
  6. Little of column A, little of B... Barleywines just don't see the same amount of drooling as stouts. But, I also think a lot of people had no idea what Abacus was last year, and that made it relatively easy to grab.