1. The BeerAdvocate Store is back! Pre-order your stuff now. Items begin shipping Dec 15. Christmas deadline = Dec 18 @ 5pm EST.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

The Best Strictly Brewpub Creation You've Had....

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by BDEE, Mar 26, 2013.

1. BDEE

BDEE Aficionado (125) Wisconsin Feb 11, 2012

In early 2012 my wife and I were at 3 Floyd's. We had as much grub as we could handle from the kitchen and twice as many drafts. But one I'll never forget (or have seen on their menu since) is Cimmerian Sabertooth Berzerker. To explain it in one sentence, it was Imperial Zombie Dust. Tasted almost exactly the same, but with a bit more burn, and just like Z.D., so hoppy it was sweet. Around 10%, give or take. Sorry I don't remember the exact measurements. Just wanted to hear some similar stories about a beer that you realize you probably will never have again.

I'd also like to hear what other people who have had this one thought about it. Thanks!!!

2. HopCraverDave

HopCraverDave Aficionado (135) Ohio Feb 20, 2013

IBUsive at Fatheads. One might classify it as a more intense Headhunter.

Made it to the final four in this years National IPA championships.

Best IPA I have ever had. Possibly my favorite beer in total.

3. Axic10

Axic10 Savant (425) New Jersey Mar 15, 2008

After this weekend, I'd say that would go to Voodoo's Grande Negro Voodoo Papi. It's Big Black Voodoo Daddy with vanilla beans, cinnamon and aged on ghost chili peppers. Very enjoyable and was like Hunahpu with a spicy kick added.

RStang13, ncaudle and JM03 like this.
  4. BDEE

BDEE Aficionado (125) Wisconsin Feb 11, 2012

Love the name of that beer!!!

ElderPuma likes this.
  5. Cerise Casee at Cambridge Brewing Company.

6. shredder83

shredder83 Savant (430) Illinois Feb 21, 2013

Most recently, Blot out the sun at fff. Billed as a stout but this one is something more, a stout that has sweet maltiness and an unconventional citrus hop profile. Bitterness is there but is mild and pleasant. At around 10% abv this one is dangerously drinkable, I could go on and on....but i'm drooling now.

a_beckman25, Jamison85 and Chaney like this.
  7. Russian River's "Happy Hops" !

WestCoastBrew2 likes this.
  8. Swik

Swik Savant (290) Indiana Oct 2, 2012

Red hot shocker from darkhorse, believe it's just an ale but as it's fermenting they throw in red hots, depending on if you like cinnamon or not this beer is either delicious or disgusting haha, I've always loved it

9. Pizza Port's 'Bacon and Eggs'. It was a coffee stout, very nice. My wife would vote for their 'Skid Mark Brown'.

matt2591 likes this.
  10. The Colonel barrel aged porter @ Cambridge Brewing

11. Lagunitas Geuze and Firestone Walker unfiltered DBA

WankelEngine and afrokaze like this.
  12. Kate the Great without a doubt.

seplo and jderosia603 like this.
  13. ramnuts

ramnuts Aficionado (235) Oregon Feb 16, 2009

Gigantic's "Dynomite!"

14. dan027

dan027 Savant (330) Pennsylvania Mar 28, 2011

No question, Tröegs Scratch #58 - Triple Mango IPA. Only got to have it once before it was gone but I absolutely loved it. I'm praying this follows the same path as Perpetual IPA and Flying Mouflan and ends up in regular rotation as at least a seasonal release.

jaxon53 and RStang13 like this.
  15. Drucifer

Drucifer Savant (495) Illinois Apr 16, 2012

I saw the post headline and came here to say Cimmerian Sabertooth Berzerker from FFF as well. The last time they released a batch it tapped out in a day or two. They need to make that beer more often.

16. JM03

JM03 Initiate (0) Ohio Nov 12, 2010

That 2 Live Grand Cru #1 was amazing too. Big Black Voodoo Daddy blended with Black Magik and aged in Pappy barrels.

ncaudle and Axic10 like this.
  17. Axic10

Axic10 Savant (425) New Jersey Mar 15, 2008

Yes it was. My girlfriend ordered that and I ordered the Papi. She loved the Papi so much that she switched and I got to finish her 2 Live Grand Cru. I didn't really have a complaint about that.

JM03 likes this.
  18. Kate, Royal Impy and Killer B at the Portsmouth Brewery.

19. I very rarely buy any "flavored" or spiced beers, yet look forward to hopefully seeing Gose, Jewish Rye or Coffee & Cream Stout on the beer board when I walk into the Triumph Brewery in Princeton, NJ.

DrStiffington likes this.
  20. I forget what number, but it was a troegs scratch, triple mango ipa. Also the bourbon barrel troegenator was excellent.

21. trevorjk

trevorjk Savant (330) Netherlands Aug 28, 2009

Lift Bridge Barrel Aged Hand Pulled Silhouette Russian Imperial Stout. Was absolutely blown away by this one.
    To this day, it is the most amazing and memorable beer that i have EVER had.

22. ncaudle

ncaudle Advocate (610) Virginia May 28, 2010

this and the 2 Live Gran Cru Greatest Hits Vol 1.
    both were phenomenal!

Axic10 and JM03 like this.
  23. dmfc906

dmfc906 Aficionado (130) Illinois Jul 2, 2010

24. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Deschutes extinction stout on tap at the pub in Portland.

LuckyJohn likes this.
  25. 50/50s Old Conundrum - Christian Brothers brandy.

26. Cask citra IPA at Sebago Portland. Holy shit was it good

DrStiffington and DanK4 like this.
  27. jmgrub

jmgrub Savant (445) California Nov 20, 2010

Goose Clybourn's Xocolatl aka Mayan Gold is the best English barleywine, and therefore the best beer, that I have ever had.

sidetracked and Bay01 like this.
  28. scud

scud Savant (335) Indiana Sep 22, 2010

Greenbush/Haymarket's Sock Chicken dipa. Loved how fruity and citrusy this beer was and so drinkable.

29. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

Pretty much any of the big beers from the Bull & Bush fall into this grouping.
    In particular, Pimp my Rye, Legend of the Liquid Brain, and Royal Oil stand out.

SFACRKnight likes this.
  30. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

Great Lakes Rackhouse Ale. A barrel aged strong ale. In my top 5 of all time

radio2525 likes this.
  31. nogidrew86

nogidrew86 Savant (250) Nevada Aug 16, 2010

Poor mans - pizza port Carlsbad
    Rye rye Rocco - CBC
    Tovarish- beachwood BBQ
    Tiny bubbles - hollister brewing

fernz18 likes this.
  32. fritts211

fritts211 Savant (285) Tennessee Feb 19, 2011

Local option sent a keg of their gose over to against the grain and it was phenomenal. Perfect representation of the style to me. I could drink it like water.

YogiBeer likes this.
  33. bishopdc0

bishopdc0 Savant (435) Maine Jan 23, 2010

Everything at Minneapolis Town hall...more specifically 1800

34. The Light That Spills Out Of The Hole In Your Head. Tired Hands pale ale with clementines. Mind-bogglingly good, and making a return appearance soon.

comfortablynirm likes this.
  35. commis

commis Savant (330) Massachusetts Jul 21, 2009

Raspberry RIS from Wedge. They brew it every winter and it's recipe is designed around it being nitro'd. One of the best stouts brewed in NC and he brews a shit-ton of it so it lasts for a couple months.
    Also, Rye Rye Rocco at CBC. Amazing.

36. Streaky

Streaky Aficionado (160) New Jersey Mar 26, 2013

Pannepooch, at Hair of the Dog. "International Beer project with the fine folks at Brouwerij De Struise, Pannepooch. The famous Pannepot, brewed in Portland, and aged in brandy barrels for 9 months." Hands down the greatest beer I have ever tasted in my life. There was so much going on from just the first sip that my palate nearly exploded. They're going to bottle it this fall for their 20th anniversary beer. Apparently there's a new keg of it on tap now, shhhh I'm going there after work today and I need there to be at least one glass left.

37. Philly82785

Philly82785 Savant (265) Minnesota Dec 17, 2008

Town Hall's Coconut Milk Stout

zeledonia likes this.
  38. That's easy, Cambridge Brewing Company's Cerise Casee.
    No wait, CBC's The Colonel Porter.
    Crap, wait, I know - that Barleywine aged with Brett from the BW fest.
    Nope, ummmm, how about the Grisette (La Saisonniere) Will brewed last summer?
    Maybe the above beer aged with Brett (Brett Grissette)?
    Damn, how about almost everything on this list:
    http://cambridgebrewing.com/beer/

axeman9182 likes this.
  39. socon67

socon67 Advocate (680) New York Jun 18, 2010

Orange Sunshine at the Hart & Thistle. Oh how I wish that was bottled.

40. Definitely The Colonel from Cambridge Brewing Company...one of my favorite beers of all time