1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

The Best Strictly Brewpub Creation You've Had....

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by BDEE, Mar 26, 2013.

1. SABERG

SABERG Savant (460) Massachusetts Sep 16, 2007

No particular order here
    Cask ESB at Mc neils in Brattleboro
    Blue Boots IPA at Northampton Brewery
    The Colonel Porter at CBC

Cheers
  2. BKnarr

BKnarr Aficionado (215) Florida Sep 5, 2012

Hornswaggled @ Cigar City Brewing
  3. Thirstygoat

Thirstygoat Savant (260) Illinois Nov 22, 2012

Old Backus barleywine on cask at Free State in Lawrence KS. I've had it three or four times, always delicious.
    This February we had King Henry and Sucaba the next day. The Old Backus holds its own in that company.
    LambicPentameter likes this.
  4. Newaygo County Cherry and BB Imperial Stout from Founders
  5. WankelEngine

WankelEngine Savant (345) Illinois Mar 28, 2011

I had the Lagunitas Gueze at a beer fest. Incredible stuff.
  6. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Savant (385) California Nov 7, 2011

Lagunitas Sucks Hbc/366 ! Wtf ! As if it could get any better ? Well it did.
  7. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Copper kettle mexican chocolate stout
    Dry dock breakwater pale is my favorite APA right now. Its gu/bu is more like an american IPA, but who cares?
  8. stmgl01

stmgl01 Savant (260) Pennsylvania Dec 11, 2007

Something from Tired Hands...be it MagoTago, TLTSOOTHIYH, Guillemot Nebula, HandFarm etc
    tobelerone likes this.
  9. jeffdill

jeffdill Aficionado (145) Ohio Apr 26, 2012

I really loved FFF Tiger Jelly. Hoping they make that again, so awesome.
  10. maxcoinage

maxcoinage Savant (440) Illinois Apr 6, 2012

The RAM / Big Horn Brewery - BTBACBA (Buffalo Trace Bourbon Barrel Aged Chocolate Brown Ale) - was freaking amazing
  11. GeoffreyM

GeoffreyM Savant (440) Pennsylvania Feb 23, 2012

Tired Hands' Mago Tago. Was lucky to get a growler of this. I hope they brew it again.
  12. seplo

seplo Savant (445) Connecticut Sep 8, 2009

Portsmouth Brewery Kate The Great...CHEERS
  13. Recently would be town hall twisted trace and manhattan barrel. Also free tail Porto gallito. These 3 are top of my list this year! If anyone has Porto gallito to get rid of... Hit me up!
  14. Ri0

Ri0 Champion (915) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012

This is the only brewery only creation I have had, but my oh my was it sublime.
    BDEE likes this.
  15. cway2031

cway2031 Zealot (90) Illinois Jan 27, 2013

Shadow of a Doubt @ Russian River Brewing Company
    Michiana Power @ Three Floyd's (I think everyone slams it because it doesn't taste like Zombie Dust or Alpha King. But it is an excellent APA)

Speaking of APAs: Row 2, Hill 56 at Russian River is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just found out that they do occasionally bottle this, but its mostly on tap. So it sorta counts. This is the best tasting and session worthy APA I have ever had.
  16. One more for mago tago
    GeoffreyM likes this.
  17. zachary80

zachary80 Savant (325) Indiana Nov 29, 2009

First would be Odell's Ze Bolshevik (summer 2009): http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/267/52799

A beet beer that I had early into my craft career that was actually very enjoyable. Only having review tells me that I will never see that one again...

Second (non-brewpub but fleeting) would be Revolution's Barrel Aged Sodom (DLD 2011):
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22072/68505

I remember it as barrel aged perfection, but that was a long day. Hopefully it pops up again some day, but even regular Sodom is marked as retired.

Had this one on tap at a local bar in town, but it is a very good beer.
    moju likes this.
  18. radio2525

radio2525 Savant (255) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

this was outstanding i had it at there pub opening
  19. BobCobb

BobCobb Savant (345) Illinois Jul 10, 2012

Goose Island D-Day. As a side note, I think the BA listing is incorrect listing it at 7.5% ABV. I recall 13%.
  20. Two immediately spring to mind: Clare's Thirsty Ale from Haymarket (Imperial stout aged 13 months in Templeton Rye Barrels, and then, wait for it... raspberries...) and Old Double Bagger from Oskar Blues. I miss them so...
  21. Cvescalante

Cvescalante Savant (400) Texas Dec 24, 2012

I'm jealous of everyone who has posted! No brewers taprooms or brewpubs in TX yet! They're passing a law that is gonna change that for us!
  22. I came on here to report this brew as well. Killer! Citrusy, like an imperial "Black Sun."
    shredder83 likes this.
  23. Probably Bad Knees from Cambridge Brewing Company. It's an old ale that was aged in barrels that first housed Buffalo Trace bourbon, and then SA Utopias. Simply sublime.
  24. But Nebula and HandFarm were bottled. Love all the TH I've had though, no doubt.

My answer is probably Poor Man's IPA.
  25. shredder83

shredder83 Savant (420) Illinois Feb 21, 2013

They need to brew more and bottle this one I would be there buying a case the day it was announced!!!
    Chaney likes this.
  26. The Full Kimono (Imperial Red Ale) ~10% ABV

This one was a collaboration between three local brewries: Free State Brewing and 23rd Street Brewery in Lawrence, KS and Blind Tiger Brewery/Restaurant in Topeka, KS. I sampled the 23rd Street version. Many times.

Every time I think about it, I get sad about the fact that I will likely never have it again... SO THANKS A LOT!
  27. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

Haymarket mathias, GI Clybourn dday, destihl rye ba wheat wine
  28. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

That beer.... sooo good, esp with deep fried brussels sprouts and bacon jam. :)
  29. TheSamKuehn

TheSamKuehn Advocate (535) Florida Aug 27, 2012

Peach HabaƱero IPA at Cigar City Brewing during this past Hunahpu Day.
  30. Tony412

Tony412 Savant (255) Michigan Jan 26, 2012

Every beer at Kuhnhenn, they don't bottle anything :)
    jeffdill likes this.
  31. Jamison85

Jamison85 Savant (320) Indiana Mar 23, 2013

Blot out the sun is phenomenal. I had the pleasure of enjoying it a few days before New Years. Also came home with a bottle of Murda'D Out Stout. Probably the best stout I have ever had.
    shredder83 likes this.
  32. elNopalero

elNopalero Advocate (665) Texas Oct 14, 2009

Uberon. The barrel-aged Oberon. Quite possibly the first barrel-aged beer I tasted... and could see colors after trying.
  33. moester13

moester13 Aficionado (125) Nebraska May 27, 2010

Was at the Bobcat Cafe in Bristol a few months back. Had their Urepentant stout-- a Belgian style stout with chocolate and pepper. Absolutely blew my mind. The evolution of the flavors was incredible, dark gingery aroma, spicy pepper taste with a great mouthfeel, and smooth lingering chocolate finish. Without a doubt one of the most complex tastes Ive ever had in a pub and would love to get my hands on more.
  34. Mago Tago or Sea of Green at Tired Hands.
  35. shredder83

shredder83 Savant (420) Illinois Feb 21, 2013

That was exactly what I was thinking after I tried murda'd out
  36. cavedave

cavedave Champion (930) New York Mar 12, 2009

Any from Peekskill Brewery, but especially World's End.
  37. stmgl01

stmgl01 Savant (260) Pennsylvania Dec 11, 2007

But they were only available at the brew pub. Maybe I misunderstood the topic...
  38. hagbergl

hagbergl Savant (275) Maryland Aug 27, 2009

Nothing at Gordon Biersch, that's for sure...
  39. Rogorama

Rogorama Savant (280) Indiana Sep 4, 2012

FFF Hell's Black Intelligencer. It was only 6% abv but it was awesome.
  40. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

There are brewpubs! Freetail homie!