Dismiss Notice
Save $5 when you subscribe to 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine by selecting auto-renew.

Subscribe now →
Dismiss Notice
Join Our Email List →

And we'll send you the latest updates and offers from BeerAdvocate, because knowing is half the battle.
Dismiss Notice

Pre-order your Respect Beer "Hipster" Hoodie today!

Plus: Free shipping (US only) on orders of $25 or more until 12/18/15. Just select "Free Shipping" at checkout.

Shop now →

The Bruery Announcements/Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tbadiuk, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Savant (425) Manitoba (Canada) Feb 9, 2009 Verified

Anyone else confused by the current allocations email?
  2. drewone

drewone Champion (840) California Sep 18, 2006 Verified

No news out for RS that I am aware of... (don't know about HS).
  3. Was wondering myself if the RS email is different than the HS email. Previously emails were the same.
  4. walterfredo

walterfredo Savant (370) California Nov 22, 2011 Verified

5. crusian

crusian Advocate (665) Oregon May 14, 2010 Verified

The thing about sour in the rye?
    didnt seem confusing to me.
    Rau71 likes this.
  6. tbadiuk

Two with membership? Where did it say that in the sign up thing? Not that I'm complaining...
  7. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

Confused how? Like, are these HS exclusive beers? Is the two bottles of SitR with peaches that come with our membership one of the mystery beers?

If yes, color me confused as well.
  8. tbadiuk

The only thing remotely close to peach SitR is this item:

-- 2 bottles Peach Sour Blend (2nd Quarter release)

...and it's not Q2 yet so...o_O Also, didn't think we'd be able to buy extras of the "HS exclusives" either? More confused...:p
  9. flaran

flaran Aficionado (155) California Mar 22, 2011

It didn't say anything about getting two Sour in the Rye with membership. The Sour in the Rye was an allocation that RS and HS members were given the exclusive ability to buy for some amount of time. On Monday, we no longer have the guarantee of having Sour in the Rye held onto for us to buy. That's all.
  10. tbadiuk

This is a new allocation starting on Monday for Hoarder's Society, email just went out about an hour ago...;)
  11. moonknight31

moonknight31 Advocate (515) California Aug 23, 2009 Verified

yea thats exactly how i understood it too

are we speaking about the HS email cuz in my RS email it made no mention of peach SITR
  12. HopHead84

HopHead84 Poobah (1,040) California Nov 29, 2006 Verified

You should request your title be changed to "New Bruery HOARDERS Allocations Out - Anyone else confused?"

There will be further confusion otherwise.
  13. I was curious if that was a Hoarders only beer as well.

What does the RS email say?
  14. Waldomega

Waldomega Aficionado (105) Nevada Jan 15, 2013

this is the RS e mail from today

Hey there Society member!

We wanted to let you know that the Society Guarantee to purchase Sour in the Rye will end on Monday morning, however, there is plenty more of this beer in our inventory, so no need to worry if you need an extra few days before you purchase.

This Monday, TheBrueryStore.com will be back to full function and you will again have access to our entire inventory of beer including Mélange #3 & Sour In The Rye, with plenty of exclusive releases coming your way.

We are still working out a few kinks in the site, so please bear with us and send us a message if you encounter a problem.

The Bruery
  15. vacax

vacax Advocate (675) California Jun 3, 2008 Verified

I read this thread and yes now I am confused
  16. drewone

drewone Champion (840) California Sep 18, 2006 Verified

Now someone post the Hoarders email...
  17. jp7161

jp7161 Savant (370) California Dec 22, 2011 Verified

I am not sure why you would be confused. The email said we can buy up to two bottles of GB and we get 2 bottles of SITR with peaches and we have the option to purchase 3 more. What is there to be confused about? Not trying to be a dick, but I really don't understand the confusion.
    JustXBeer likes this.
  18. vacax

Who are we? So is this the unnamed peach sour? What about kumquat sour in the rye?
  19. jp7161

jp7161 Savant (370) California Dec 22, 2011 Verified

Hoarders Society
    Exclusive Allocations!

Dear Hoarders Society,

This Monday, 2/11, at 10am PST, two new beers will go on allocation for you via www.thebruerystore.com

Each beer will be on sale for ONE WEEK. You must purchase your allotment between Monday and Sunday.

Please also note that they are not yet ready to pick up and/or ship, so please await our announcement to know when you can get your bottles. It should be very soon.

+ Griffon Bruxellois - 6.1% - $20 - 2 bottle limit
    We debuted Griffon Bruxellois late in 2012 at a few of our events and it was quite a hit. This dark, sour ale was aged in oak barrels on cherries, giving it an incredible fruit flavor, balanced by the roasted malt and lactic tartness. We must admit, this bottle-conditioned beer didn't turn out quite as carbonated as we were hoping for, but it is still an incredible beer, 100% worthy of being sold, served, shared and enjoyed!

+ Sour in the Rye with Peaches - 7% - $25 -
    2 bottles included in membership, 3 additional bottle limit
    We've all had the opportunity to try Sour in the Rye, our heavily rye based sour ale with incredible spicy notes and tropical aromas. This is that beer that we've all come to love, but aged with peaches hand picked from a local farm. Hopefully the weather will warm back up, because this one is meant for a beautiful summer day, but we think it's good enough to make a winter day feel warm.

The Bruery
    DJButters likes this.
  20. moonknight31

moonknight31 Advocate (515) California Aug 23, 2009 Verified

i wonder if they both are HS exclusive because the RS email made no mention of either
  21. IKR

IKR Savant (435) California May 25, 2010

Unless the e-mail has an error, the HS Peach SITR ABV of 7% is way lower than the 8.7%
    ABV of previous SITR. There must have been some changes in the brewing of it.
  22. vacax

It says "Exclusive Allocations" on top so I'm willing to say they are exclusive allocations.
  23. eyebereej

eyebereej Aficionado (225) California Dec 2, 2010 Verified

Now I'm bummed, Griffon was awesome at the barrel party. Thought it was going to be released originally as the last 2012 RS beer, then after the mention of bottle conditioning issues, thought it was going to be released as a 2013 RS beer. Double whammy, not even gonna have a chance at it all.
    Beerontwowheels and KevSal like this.
  24. Waldomega

Waldomega Aficionado (105) Nevada Jan 15, 2013

Yea pretty weak how they posted that on their RS Facebook over and over then don't even release it to them
    blguillen likes this.
  25. tbadiuk

Sorry, I should have added Hoarders to the title, my bad! Not used to there being seperate societies yet!

So, I'm still confused. Is this the supposed 2nd quarter "peach sour blend" release? That's the only thing I can see. If it is, 5 bottles max times at most 200 members = 1000 bottle release I guess? That is, originally I don't think there was supposed to be 3 for purchase?
  26. My common sense tells me this is the peach blend, seeing how it has peaches. I am very excited for both!
  27. Lane1

Lane1 Aficionado (240) California Jan 10, 2011 Verified

There are about 293 members in Hoarders total. I'm guessing there is 2000 bottles total so they have some left over for future events. I'm sure it's the second quarter one. I'm stoked for it
  28. Oddly specific number there.
    SubpoenaDeuces and jp7161 like this.
  29. djaeon

djaeon Champion (755) California Oct 2, 2006

Seems pretty straightforward to me.
  30. tbadiuk

Just curious on the source of that number? As the post above says, pretty specific! :cool:
    jp7161 likes this.
  31. Lane1

Lane1 Aficionado (240) California Jan 10, 2011 Verified

Heard it from a very high up bRUEry employee at the barrel aged party last year. They were mildly intoxicated and answered my question about the number or Hoarders members....i was surprised that they divulged the information haha
    jp7161 and tbadiuk like this.
  32. They probably assumed you wouldn't share that info.
    franklinn, vacax and AbeFroman like this.
  33. pmarlowe

pmarlowe Advocate (730) District of Columbia Nov 27, 2010 Verified

Oh no, state secrets!
    Carbon14 likes this.
  34. flaran

flaran Aficionado (155) California Mar 22, 2011

Oh, apologies. That makes sense.
  35. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (700) California Oct 17, 2010 Verified

Damn GB was part of the reason I signed up for RS. Since it was supposed to be an RE beer last year I figured we'd luck out and get some, I figured way wrong : /
    cocoapuph, nanobrew and clubarsky91 like this.
  36. tbadiuk

Has there been any confirmation that RS isn't getting any for sure? The Bruery isn't always the most clear on emails so I wouldn't bet on it being a HS exclusive yet. After all, SitR with peaches was supposed to be Q2 with no extra for purchase and here we are. Even though the email says "exclusives" it could be just refering to SitR+peaches.
  37. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Savant (260) California Jul 7, 2012

Operating under the assumption that HS is 2x RS, that puts RS at being able to order a single bottle each. If the above HS member and bottle count is accurate, the strict window for HS purchase opens up the possibility of the rest going to RS with a 1 bottle limit and the possibility of someone getting shut out.

Regardless, if there's anything the Bruery has taught me in 2013, it's to be prepared for all sorts of surprises and retcons.
  38. Watch out this post is gonna go everywhere:

1. Bruery staffing is like going to Wal Mart. Tons of customers, only 3-4 people working, long lines. Three consecutive trips where I've emailed ahead of time, only to wait while they package up my order (rather than being done ahead of time).
    2. There is always an error, seemingly in favor of the Bruery (oh yea, you were supposed to have 3 bottles, not the 2 we put in the box).
    3. How come they went back to plain crowns instead of the Bruery crowns for Sitr this year?
    4. Hoarders Society is funny, but I think we should be called Stonecutters Society. It needs a more secret society tongue in cheek edge to it. Illuminati Skull & Bones Beer Club was already taken.
  39. salzar

salzar Initiate (0) California Dec 27, 2008

Almost cost me my grey monday
  40. ehammond1

ehammond1 Champion (790) Jul 4, 2008

This logic doesn't follow for Hoarders Society-only beers.
    SubpoenaDeuces likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.