1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

The Bruery Announcements/Allocations

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by tbadiuk, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. True, and hopefully it will cause them to re-evaluate their decision not to bottle Humulus or brew a "true" IPA. I appreciate their desire to focus mainly on Belgian beers, but I'd love to see Humulus in bottles and a few other IPAs brewed. Thankfully I'm close enough that the decision to allow growlers of Humulus was a great start, but I'd love to have it bottled as well.
  2. If they changed formats, I wouldn't even object to them switching to a 16.9 oz bottle like North Coast used for their Old Stock Cellar Reserve...or what Lawson's uses when they bottle Maple Trippel. In either case you get a bottle that still has some flair to it, and you can still cork and cage it or wax if you'd like. It would also lower the price point, and provide a format that's roughly 1/3 smaller. Plenty to share, and enough that someone could still tackle a nice pour if they would like to.
    heatwaves and TheSevenDuffs like this.
  3. I bought my 4 chocolate rains and received 4 today. Are we not being sent the one included with our membership yet?
  4. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Did you buy the 4 and select "Pick Up", then order a Flex Shipper?
  5. Rau71

Rau71 Initiate (0) California Dec 12, 2011

Same for me, I think you needed to pick the flex shipping to get it with this order, but now that I messed that up how do I get the 1 bottle shipped to me?
  6. So, should the flex shipping always be selected on its own in a separate order?
  7. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Yes. The instructions are quite clear about that. When you place an order the ONLY things that will ship are what you ordered just then, and it will ship EVERYTHING you ordered just then.
    TheSevenDuffs likes this.
  8. I included a note in my initial order of 4 CR's purchased to include the additional allocation as I figured they'd have to use a 6 bottle shipper anyways. I received an email back stating I'd need to place an order for a separate shipper in order to receive my single allocation o_O. I'm curious if all 5 will show up in one box.
  9. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Yes.

For reference, I recently did this:

4 weeks ago: Ordered 2 bottles, selected pickup
    2 weeks ago: Ordered 7 bottles, selected pickup
    Today: ordered 2 bottles, selected pickup
    After that last order was done, I ordered a 12 shipper Flex Shipping

My 11 ordered bottles AND my 1 "free" CR will ship in that 12 shipper for the single charge.
  10. I guess I thought since they would use a 6 bottle shipper (4 chocolate rains and 1 saison tonnellerie), they would just fill that last spot with my allocated CR. Instead they gave me another saison tonnellerie for free. As long I can still get my CR I'm happy :p
    TheSevenDuffs likes this.
  11. stupac2

They won't. You have to use a flex shipper to get anything that wasn't a part of the order.
  12. Makes sense except the part where I ordered a flex shipper last week after getting an email from a Bruery employee and included notes as suggested on the flex shipper order and my box showed up today with only the 4. Not a perfect system, in the end I'll get all my beers.
  13. stupac2

Did you order a flex shipper after paying for shipping on the 4CR+1ST order? Because in that case you'll probably get a 6-bottle shipper with 1 CR sometime soon.
  14. I did exactly that, but as I think we can both agree if you have 5 beers you know you need to ship me why not just ship me those 5 beers in the 6 bottle shipper I payed for. I know it was my bad in the first place not choosing the pickup option and turning around and buying a shipper. As it's been discussed, kind of a wacky system but I'm thankful that they ship at all.
  15. stupac2

Well, having communicated with you I know that. But the Bruery explained their system pretty carefully and repeatedly, the item description for the shippers say:
    You should probably e-mail them to make sure that they're not going to send you a single bottle in a 6-bottle shipper. Well, unless you're short 6-bottle shippers, or something.
  16. Already done, thanks for the heads up.
  17. mattolesh

mattolesh Savant (270) California Sep 30, 2007

Hey all,

Ya'll probably already know this, but I feel like chiming in... The intention of the flex shipper option is to make it cheaper/more convenient for non-locals to get their beer. I understand that it is still a bit confusing for some. We may consider some tweaks in the future, but for the time being this is how it stands.

I'd like to offer some (hopefully) helpful points as clarification/advice if anyone is confused by this system:
    1) In the purest sense, the flex-shipper is essentially a flat rate shipper, including the cost of shipping, handling, etc...
    2) When a flex shipper is purchased, we go through outstanding orders that haven't been picked up. We also try to include hoodies and other bottles that were included in the cost of the membership to come up with the best combination to fill the boxes, if it's not an easy fit. We'd honestly feel pretty bad about shipping out 1 bottle in a 6-bottle shipper.
    3) We will not add included bottles (like CR in this case) to an order that a member paid to have shipped, as that will increase the weight of the package and cause us to lose money on that shipment. If you'd like your included bottles of CR sent with your purchased bottles, please mark the purchase for pickup and add the appropriate sized flex shipper to your cart.
    4) Best practice for using the Flex shipper system is to mark all your orders for pick-up, then when you are ready to have your beers shipped to you, order the appropriate number of flex shippers that will get you all your bottles. You can always email us to get that exact bottle count.

I hope that explains things clearly. Please don't hesitate to message me directly with any questions.

P.S. Who's going to the May 5th Clusterfork?! I'll be there pouring :)

Cheers!
    Matt
    [email protected]
    Gonzoillini, jtmartino and Trio2shine like this.
  18. Hey Matt ,

I will be at the clusterfork event on May 5 the early session. I think will bring some Hill Farmstead Florence if you have never try it pretty nice and not sure what else. Willl see you there.
    Cheers M
  19. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (585) California Oct 17, 2010

anyone else notice theres now a vintage date on the new CR. about time, gonna mke thigns easier to distinguish, hopefully bt follows, instead of trying to remember the label shape
  20. stupac2

Just remember ABV, that's not all that hard (off of the top of my head the order goes 19.5, 18.2, 18.3, 19.2). But yeah, it's definitely nice that they've finally started doing this.
    KevSal likes this.
  21. yea but wasnt batch 1 and 2 of cr the same abv?
  22. KevSal

yes i know, but 10 years down the road lets hear it off the top of your head lol. or mayber im just really lazy. i tagged my bottles with a silver sharpy

They should tag the neck with a nice looking vintage label tho
  23. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

They did this for some older bottles of Saison de Lente they were selling a year or so ago at Provisions...except it was more of a sticker rather than a fancy tag
  24. stupac2

Could be, I've only seen a B1 CR once.
    Or stamp the wax with the date. There are a few breweries that do that and it's a nice touch.
    KevSal likes this.
  25. KevSal

stamping the wax would be very cool
  26. afrokaze

afrokaze Advocate (620) California Jun 12, 2009

Agreed, Surly Smoke has this and it looks pretty boss.
  27. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

New Hoarder's allocations just announced:

Bois (100% Bourbon aged)
    Bois (100% Rye aged)
    Bois (100% Brandy aged)
    Bois (100% New American Oak aged)
    Sans Pagaie
    Confession
    Melange #8
    Bourbon Smoking Wood

It says that the confession and melange #8 are 2 bottles included with the option to buy 2 more, but I thought that New American Oak Bois was going to be included, but the email doesn't say so. Hmmm...
  28. *BOOM* goes my credit card...into a thousand little plastic splinters. :p
  29. thats alot of beer to buy in a month lol
  30. lymph

lymph Aficionado (170) California May 10, 2010

I remember the French Oak Bois being listed as a fourth quarter release.
  31. RS allocations same as above, minus the Confession and M#8. Ow. Ow. Ow. My poor wallet. Guess the allocations deluge has begun in earnest now.
    3rdto1st likes this.
  32. what is confession?
  33. Though I kinda envy HS members for all the Bois they get to buy, I'm thankful when I remember I have other, more important things to spend money on. I'm glad I don't have to decide whether spending $720 on Bois is a good idea.
  34. stupac2

Well, and halfsies of everything.

Man, I am so excite.
    afrokaze and domtronzero like this.
  35. sounds interesting
  36. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (470) California Dec 11, 2010

Fuckin' BOIS!
  37. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

Yeah, Confession is probably the most exciting beer to come along in quite some time. It's the one beer that makes me wish I'd taken the Hoarders' plunge.
    jp7161 likes this.
  38. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (470) California Dec 11, 2010

I'm apprehensive because I don't typically like Riesling, and I don't think it pairs well with beer. It's too sweet and the mouthfeel works against beer IMO (see Cismontane's Mesa). I'm not familiar with Fess Parker's Riesling, but the tasting notes I've seen online reaffirm my apprehension that it's a fruity, sweet wine. Very common among
    most Rieslings I've had, particularly inexpensive ones.
    Beerandraiderfan likes this.
  39. stupac2

I thought Mesa was pretty good, though weird. I'm always a bit hesitant about Bruery Sours, but worst-case-scenario we can trade it to tickers for wales!
    jtmartino likes this.
  40. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

Seriously! And being overly sweet shouldn't be an issue here, in spite of the typical character of Riesling. The presence of brett in fermentation should mean this thing is dry as a bone.
    Beerandraiderfan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.