1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

The Bruery Announcements/Allocations

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by tbadiuk, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Man, I hope there is an octagon at the RS/HS initiation party so all this can be worked out. At least an arm wrestling tournament can be organized so we can see whose arguments are correct. Winner gets one of the losers taster tickets!!

jtmartino and domtronzero like this.
  2. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (470) California Dec 11, 2010

I'd fight Patrick Rue.

For Beer.

kmatlack and domtronzero like this.
  3. SUBER

SUBER Aficionado (220) California Jan 26, 2013

ISO: CHERRY CR
    FT: 2 taster tickets

Just throwing it out there now...

4. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

I've never met you, but I've seen Patrick Rue. I'd bet on you.

kmatlack and jtmartino like this.
  5. Anybody else notice the vintage date on Sour in the rye with Peaches. I'm stoked for this.

6. salzar

salzar Initiate (0) California Dec 27, 2008

Holy crap a bottle with a date on it.

domtronzero likes this.
  7. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (595) California Oct 17, 2010

lol @

Griffon Bruxellois in popular culture

• In the film As Good as It Gets (1997), as Verdell, played by six Brussels Griffons, named Timer, Sprout, Debbie, Billy, Parfait, and Jill the star[8]
    • In the film Gosford Park, as Rolf Liechti's dog Kiki
    • In the film Sweet November, as Sara's dog Ernie
    • In the sitcom Spin City, as Carter's suicidal dog Rags, played by a smooth-coated Petit Brabançon named Wesley
    • In the film Teaching Mrs. Tingle, as Mrs. Tingle's dog.
    • Monkey, owned by record label owner and deejay Sarah Lewitinn and named "Best Dog Owned by a Club Personality" by The Village Voice[9][10]
    • Tazzie owned by Stanely Dangerfield, appearing on the television show The Good Companions[11]
    • In the film First Wives Club owned by Diane Keaton's character.
    • In the sitcom "Mike and Molly" Mikes mom's dog, Jim is a Brussels Griffon mixed with a Chihuahua.
    • Benson, famous on Instagr.am, pet of Chondra Echert Sanchez, American writer #TeamBenson.
    • The Southern California craft brewery "The Bruery" brewed a sour brown ale called Griffon Bruxellois. It was initially promised to their 2012 Reserve Society members, but it was sold to the Hoarders Society causing the 2013 Reserve Society members to cry like a bitch.

8. The current one is nice, makes me imagine Griffon Brux is a Stone collaboration:
    Though this one is a favorite of mine too:

9. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

You guys are going to get that page locked, and it'll be hilarious.

KaslD and domtronzero like this.
  10. Wow...just awesome, and wow.

On the bright side, RS member can have full pours at the tasting room this weekend...every cloud has a lining...??

11. Knowing The Bruery, they will end up making good on this. Before everyone starts bitching and moaning, (well, too late for that now), remember last year a piece of merch didn't work out so everyone got a bottle of Grey Monday.

And besides that... It's just one beer. An undercarbed sour brown one. How many of you can honestly say that this is the beer that made you join RS?! Most of the people crying are the types that will order it the minute allocations start anyway. And, I can almost guarantee this years RS sour releases will be amazing. You can find other things to cry about.

domtronzero likes this.
  12. I hope the bruery gives you a discount on your membership for the reach around services you provide them. You could be the guy who answers their customer service line and exclaims "Give us your money and shut the hell up!"

13. No, I paid the $695 plus tax. Sorry you're butt hurt about not getting more trade bait and sorry for trying to stay positive about a "situation" like this.

14. now that the time for HS members to buy has finished i wonder when/if it will be made available to RS members

15. Ynot2

Ynot2 Savant (310) California Jul 24, 2009

Give the hoarders another chance to buy up any remaining bottles, the commoners can buy Old Richland.

domtronzero and mrkrispy like this.
  16. Sorry old chap just got released to us downtrodden fellows...

SkeeterBoganski likes this.
  17. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

FYI, up for sale now. 1100 bottles first come first serve. 2 for hoarders 1 for RS.

eyeenjoybeer and SkeeterBoganski like this.
  18. Franch

Franch Advocate (540) New York Mar 22, 2011

it's up now, y'all

TheSevenDuffs and eyeenjoybeer like this.
  19. camil1mj

camil1mj Savant (405) Michigan Oct 4, 2010

Oddly enough though: email says it will be $15.99 and it is $16.99 in the store :(

Edit: the $16.99 should be the correct discount, but they should make sure to get it correct in their communication.

20. So these two are in addition to the two we were allowed to buy last week?

21. Their email a bit ago was awesome. To me, they take their customer service shit seriously and recognize, probably based on the debacle this thread has become, that the GB 'mess' was just that...unintentional, but something they are trying to remedy. I'm happy they made the bottles available to RS.

22. crusian

I dont think so, I think it is 2 total, and those that didnt buy it last week still have time.

23. I'm guessing a typo. My math may be fuzzy, but 15% of 19.99 = 2.9985. It SHOULD be $16.99.

24. 15% for RS, 20% for HS

25. riko

riko Savant (280) California Jan 18, 2008

Now that it's available to the masses, I'm no longer interested in buying any.

26. Got mine...

27. mattolesh

mattolesh Savant (280) California Sep 30, 2007

-Awesome, more for me ;)

No, sorry if that wasn't clear. HS had a week where they could purchase their max of 2 bottles. Now RS is able to purchase their max of 1 bottle.

Like usual, we'll have to screen the purchases to make sure there are no duplicate purchases. There's not going to be more than a few cases left over, so we are keeping a close eye on this one.

Cheers,
    Matt

28. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

"The Southern California craft brewery "The Bruery" brewed a flat sour brown ale called Griffon Bruxellois. This was accomplished using techniques also employed by The Flat Abbey, a craft brewery in San Diego."

rofl

domtronzero and StarRaptor like this.
  29. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Savant (265) California Nov 29, 2012

30. Rau71

Rau71 Initiate (0) California Dec 12, 2011

I have no interest in this beer, I didn't join the RS in hopes of getting a GB, but I might buy one and send it as an extra just because it caused such an uproar.

KevSal, TheSevenDuffs and JustXBeer like this.
  31. jp7161

jp7161 Savant (335) California Dec 22, 2011

That's the spirit!

32. Is this the first time it has been brewed? Looks like there are no reviews on BA... ?

33. Yep, first time.

34. So everyone is going crazy over a beer that no one has ever tried???? :) I guess I should be used to that around here...

sliverX likes this.
  35. crusian

it was served on draft at some festival.

36. So would anyone that has had it at a festival chime in here? I'm pretty curious, especially given all of the hullabaloo surrounding it as of late.

37. It's been served multiple times in the Bruery Tasting room. It's a good beer, a lot of cherry and oak. I found it similar to The Wanderer, but slightly lighter. The bottles apparently are not carbonated well, as opposed to when it has been served on draft.

38. mattolesh

mattolesh Savant (280) California Sep 30, 2007

It's currently on tap at the tasting room for RS members only.

There are a few ratings on RB for it.

39. kmatlack

kmatlack Savant (340) California Mar 29, 2010

I didn't have any problems with my reserve society membership until I read this thread.

This is how I feel now:

[​IMG]

SUBER likes this.
  40. is the peach sitr HS exclusive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.