1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

The Bruery Announcements/Allocations

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by tbadiuk, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilc

evilc Member

Yes. You have to wear a monocle to get it.
    sil1, KevSal, tbadiuk and 1 other person like this.
  2. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Member

Pretty much this, though IIRC (I'm sure Matt can correct me of I'm wrong) it debuted at the barrel aged tastings the tail end of last year. The kegged version was pretty tasty and put this on my radar. Again, IIRC (memory is a little fuzzy from that night, but 10 tasters in 2 hours was a little aggressive for me) either Aaron or Joe told me it was the same base beer as otiose, but with cherries as the fruit addition.
  3. salzar

salzar Member

I believe it was at the Melenge 3 possibly in bottle, little fuzzy from both nights
  4. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Member

Yep! It's the "Peach Sour Blend (Q2)" that was listed as one of the 4 exclusives. No idea if that means the "Q1" beer is being released in Q2, or if the entire ordering is being set in a T.B.A. fashion...
  5. CAbeerCAbeerCA

CAbeerCAbeerCA Member

5 exclusives for the year.
  6. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Member

Oh right! That extra barrel treatment thing for the anniv. beer, I forgot! :cool:
    CAbeerCAbeerCA likes this.
  7. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Member

so what do people think about 2013 younger?
  8. nanobrew

nanobrew Member

I like it better than last year, but I think a few years ago (2009/2010) it had more hop flavor and aroma, though that was a long time ago to compare and since then I have had a lot more Double/triple IPAs. Still a great beer, but the Bad Boy I had along side it stole the show...like always

Edit: wait this seems like the wrong thread for this...how did this switch happen...where am I
    Tenchi221 and StarRaptor like this.
  9. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Member

sorry wrong thread.
  10. KaslD

KaslD Member

Is GB sold out? Cant find it on the website. Just curious.
  11. thedirtyname

thedirtyname Member

Gone for me also. Looks like it has sold out.
  12. moonknight31

moonknight31 Member

i agree i think it has sold out, honestly im suprised it took this long to sell out
  13. mattolesh

mattolesh Member

Correct, IIRC this beer was served at the Melange #3 Component Dinner and at the Barrel aged parties.

I just asked tyler and confirmed that it is not the same exact base beer as otiose. There were a few different 'sour brown ales' brewed recently. The resulting beers (I'm thinking mainly of Griffon, Otiose and Carmen) were made up of one, two or all three of those base beers blended together.
  14. moonknight31

moonknight31 Member

in reference to the bold portion

which one is which?

if i had to guess id assume griffon is one, carmen is two and otiose is all three but i have nothing to base this on other then a hunch
  15. mattolesh

mattolesh Member

I don't have that info. All I know is that the resulting beers were either single batch or a blend of up to all three of those batches. I'm sure that info is in blending logs somewhere, but I don't have easy access to those.
  16. crusian

crusian Member

Am i mistaken in thinking that it is almost march and there has been one RS allocation? sour in the rye?
    rm20015, DovaliHops and TheSevenDuffs like this.
  17. thedirtyname

thedirtyname Member

Two with GB. Well kinda of.... Email today said there would be more coming soon.

Edit: I take this back, just looked at the email again.
  18. DovaliHops

DovaliHops Member

You're right...what gives?
  19. crusian

crusian Member

By this time last year we had 8!!!
  20. CAbeerCAbeerCA

CAbeerCAbeerCA Member

My guess is they have been sorting out the store. Rest easy as some month will be very tough on our wallets.
    Retsinis likes this.
  21. djaeon

djaeon Member

Today's email said Imperial Loacal something or other was coming up soon. Personally, I'm good with one a month rather than one a week.
  22. GhettoFabulous

GhettoFabulous Member

I thought my checking account was looking unusually plump. I'll have to run down to their production facility, throw fistfuls of money at them, and run off with whatever barrel I can grab - hoping with all my being that it isn't BA 5 Golden Rings.
  23. APreacher

APreacher Member

Yes mistaken..as mentioned above with a whopping 1 PP for Grif Brux being the only other option thus far. Combined with the initiation party, FW invitational, Alesmith once a month releaseawhale operation. Plus a hop frenzy to gather up yearly supplies for home brewers at an inflated price considering we has no contract...I actually like the slow roll of offerings thus far.
    Ohh forgot to mention tax season....Bruery, take your time on releases & please don't release everything during the holidays.

Forgot to mention the local TIPAs recently released. #walletliverpain

See y'all Saturday.
  24. nogidrew86

nogidrew86 Member

The beer is ready when the beer is ready.
  25. GhettoFabulous

GhettoFabulous Member

Anyone with an Extra or Unpurchased Ticket for RS Party Tomorrow?

My sister desperately wants to go to this party, so I was hoping someone either has an extra or hasn’t purchased their full allotment and wouldn’t mind purchasing another ticket. Ticket sales close at noon today, so this is a bit urgent.

If anyone can help me out, I will of course reimburse you, but will also hook you up with a nice bottle for your troubles.

Thanks, BAs!
  26. abecall98

abecall98 Member

They still have tickets for the Initiation Party as well a few bottles of Griffon left, per their facebook.
  27. errantnight

errantnight Member

I will try to explain this for you one last time.

If they sell additional tasters, they are opening themselves up to serving additional tasters to people who can't handle them. They are increasing the risk that there are drunk, belligerent assholes at the event. They open themselves up for criticism from every drunk asshole who jumps online afterwards and complains they were cut off too soon.

You have already agreed that they are selling you an event at fair value, so you are satisfied with your purchase.

You are, preemptively, jumping online and complaining that you were cut off too soon.

You have many freely available recourses: leave the event early, share tasters with friends, take more time with each of your tasters, make friends with the right people and get free pours. You, however, do not wish to adopt any of these. You instead believe that The Bruery has failed because they have sold you something of fair value because you also want something more. It's already a good deal, but dammit you need a better deal to be convinced to not jump online and criticize them.

Which makes you seem whiny and entitled.

I get it: you want to try more beers. You are capable of drinking more beers without getting drunk. You want that privilege. Providing that privilege is more trouble than it's worth, it would seem. I'm sorry, I guess? It's a worthwhile 'complaint' for you, specifically. But it otherwise just seems like a fair and reasonable rule as part of a fair valued and exciting event. But what do high and mighty assholes like me know about it, anyway?
  28. evilc

evilc Member

You have to go though right? I can't just buy a ticket and give it to you? ... ( I'm not going, don't want diabeetus from all that sugar beer )
  29. GhettoFabulous

GhettoFabulous Member

Yes, the RS member has to be present. I'm all covered now anyways, but thanks for looking out!
  30. jtmartino

jtmartino Member

I don't know, hence why I'm confused as to your responses. Are you a RS member? Have you been to the initiation event in the past? Are you going this weekend?

I threw up some things that I think could be improved about The Bruery online in a relevant forum with like-minded individuals. Was that wrong? Are loyal customers not allowed to voice complaints anymore? Sure, my words may have been harsh, and for that I apologize - but the intent was there, and I know I'm not the only one with those complaints.

I appreciate the feedback everyone has given (except for those people who have misconstrued the clear intent of my posts), and apologize if I came off as whiny and entitled. My points were simply meant to be critiques based upon my experiences in RS last year as well as with other companies and events in recent years. The Bruery does a lot of things right, hence their growing fan base and society memberships. But they are not even close to perfect, and hopefully PMR reads these threads and takes some ideas back to his team for discussion.

On a side note, I truly didn't think that Beer Advocates (of all people) would want to limit their opportunity to taste the wonderful beer that made them join the RS in the first place. Who knew that topic would draw the most heat?
  31. errantnight

errantnight Member

I'm a Hoarders member. I won't be going this weekend, I have friends in town for a short weekend and a pregnant wife that they also want to see who wasn't much interested in attending the event. But I'm sure we can meet up at a future event and clear the air a bit. In fact, the only Initiation event I've been to was the first one at the Phoenix club that was the shitshow that led to the Clusterfork events.

I don't think it's at all wrong to talk about how The Bruery could, in general, improve upon their store or event experience. This is certainly an appropriate forum. Not only do they have room to improve, but they already do a lot right and have shown that they are interested in constructive feedback. Really my tone and attitude derived from my perception of your tone. Presented in this tone, and as critiques (and I hope I'm not coming off as condescending, now), I'm totally on board with the discussion, in general. And in general, I believe that The Bruery is on a list (I don't know entirely how short or long it is) of breweries that deserve a bit of benefit of the doubt because they so clearly bend over backwards to cater to a particularly demanding crowd and then work to improve the experience.
    Whatsarezaf, jtmartino and ehammond1 like this.
  32. jtmartino

jtmartino Member

Yep, my bad. I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet.

Thanks for the discussion, too bad you won't be able to make it tomorrow. I'll try to savor one of my tasters, just for you.
  33. stupac2

stupac2 Member

You should pour one out for him.
    domtronzero, Kyle2k10 and Whatsarezaf like this.
  34. Kyle2k10

Kyle2k10 Member

The ironing is delicious.
    DrAwkward82 likes this.
  35. evilc

evilc Member

The sugar will make a nasty sticky mess on the ground and attract a swarm of bees.
  36. stupac2

stupac2 Member

Ah, that explains why my beard was so loud last year.
  37. ehammond1

ehammond1 Member

Is it just me or are Bruery RS allocations coming out in a very slow trickle this year (to be kind)? By this time last year, I think I'd already ordered Mother Funker, Filmishmish, Sour in the Rye, and maybe even Chocolate Rain?
  38. TheSevenDuffs

TheSevenDuffs Member

Agreed. I am not sure what the hold up is now that the web store seems to be up and running. Chocolate Rain is supposed to be a March release (so I would have expected the allocation in Feb)...
    ehammond1 likes this.
  39. nanobrew

nanobrew Member

all of those were ready for pick up by the RS initiation party (granted it was in early March), including CR. Also, by the initiation party we were able to order White Oak, Otoise, and Sans Pagaie. If the Bruery doesn't hurry up with some allocations I may spend all of my money at Alesmith.
  40. stupac2

stupac2 Member

Waiting for the CR allocation is literally killing me. LITERALLY.

But seriously, where is it? I want my Chocolate Rain.
    KevSal, ASUBeer and ehammond1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.