1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

The Bruery Announcements/Allocations

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by tbadiuk, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyrsis

tyrsis Member

My decision to drop the RS this year and spend more locally is paying off...
  2. nanobrew

nanobrew Member

you and Sage do have the right idea. Don't join RS since everyone else does and you get to try everything at tastings anyways. Depending on how the rest of this year goes I don't know if I will be rejoining, it is very pricey. Getting small leftovers on GF was a bummer. I am sure these beers will start to come out, but I don't want to be hit with allocations every other week, my wallet (and wife) will not be happy.
  3. HopHead84

HopHead84 Member

I'd prefer that they take their time and release quality beers rather than give us Mother Funker or the underwhelming, undercarbonated Filmishmish.
    KevSal, domtronzero and StarRaptor like this.
  4. BrianTheBrewer30

BrianTheBrewer30 Member

100% agree.
  5. ehammond1

ehammond1 Member

Absolutely. I didn't intend to voice complaint.
  6. crusian

crusian Member

i am in complete disagreement... about those two beers, loved em.
  7. bentwookie

bentwookie Member

I really enjoyed Filmishmish.
  8. HopHead84

HopHead84 Member

Lucky for you you're able to Mother Funkify any blond sour by buying apple cider vinegar and nail polish remover and dumping them into the beer.
  9. domtronzero

domtronzero Member

It worked wonders on cleaning my dishwasher. Just put it in the detergent cup and set your dishwasher to "normal wash" mode. Man it was sparkling!
    TheSevenDuffs likes this.
  10. crusian

crusian Member

bah. loved it.
    like my sours SOUR. I do appreciate a lightly tart one as well, but in the candy Isle, i tend to gravitate toward warheads, etc.
  11. jtmartino

jtmartino Member

There's a huge difference between the acids in sour beers. The Bruery's sours have a lot of acetic acid, which most brewers try to avoid (although certain styles allow for different amounts of it.)

Mother Funker is so acetic that it finishes like white vinegar. Either you can't taste it, or you don't mind it. To me, it ruins the beer.
  12. teamizm

teamizm Member

I've been saying this for years, which is one of the reasons why I always pass on their sour beers. Other than Fliminish and the Wanderer, all I get is vinegar in their sours.
    domtronzero likes this.
  13. domtronzero

domtronzero Member

In the last several months or so they have hired a new barrel guy that will be monitoring the progress of their barrel aged beers. In an interview he did (can't remember where or when) he mentioned that he dislikes acetic character in beers. Hopefully that means they'll improve in quality with the new guy there.
    westcoastbeerlvr and HopHead84 like this.
  14. Pecan

Pecan Member

Agreed on those two. Didn't get it in the riesling sour blend either. To be fair, it was my 22nd taster, so I guess I could be wrong.
    mlaroche likes this.
  15. mrkrispy

mrkrispy Member

People want them pushing out more allocations while they are tinkering with the website, shipping, and allocations?

If they make 3 beers available next week the following week a bunch of people will be on here crying that the site isn't working, they haven't shipped the beers yet, etc etc. The number of people on here so antsy to spend their money just to complain has gotten staggering.
    domtronzero likes this.
  16. StarRaptor

StarRaptor Member

Last year it was monthly allocations nearly all year. They even said they would slow it down but never really did.

My only concern is that we'll get hit with a monster allocation after a busy month of beer hunting
    KevSal likes this.
  17. teamizm

teamizm Member

I finally found it: http://issuu.com/ediblesandiego/docs/esd_winter_2012 (Page 42)

I remember a friend telling me that one of Doug Constantiner's (brewer at Societe and former brewer at Bruery) biggest issues with Bruery's sour program was the acetic quality in the sours due to the barrel blending. I think a month after speaking to my friend I came across the above-linked article.
    HopHead84 and domtronzero like this.
  18. nanobrew

nanobrew Member

exactly. I am not anxious due to needing MOAR beer, or wanting them to rush anything (website or beer wise). I am just nervous about 3-4 different bottle allocations each month for a few months. I just won't be able to justify spending as much... which I guess is fine since I have stated before I usually only like getting 1 or 2 of the new beers and max out on my tried and true favorites.
  19. walterfredo

walterfredo Member

agree, they really need to disperse these out over time or I'm going to be screwed.
  20. DrAwkward82

DrAwkward82 Member

BEADS??!
  21. drgarage

drgarage Member

[​IMG]
    On another note, when is Preservation Society stuff shipping?
  22. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Member

Did they say what beers the preservation society was getting?
  23. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Member

Imperial Loakal Red, White Chocolate, and I forgot.
  24. crusian

crusian Member

when is white chocolate for sale?
  25. imyourhero21

imyourhero21 Member

Sans pagaie . If i spelt it right
  26. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Member

Imperial Loakal Red, Sans Pagaie & White Chocolate.
  27. stupac2

stupac2 Member

End of the quarter. Your guess on when that will be is as good as mine, though I'd guess ~Apr 1.
    KevSal likes this.
  28. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Member

Last year it went up in the summer, allocations could be picked up in early August iirc.
  29. crusian

crusian Member

yeah, i thought so, so... how is it the preservation release?
  30. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Member

Last years bottles?
  31. domtronzero

domtronzero Member

Yah. Last year's bottles.
  32. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Member

It's not "last year's" bottles, it's "Lovingly aged for a year" bottles. Get it right ;)
    domtronzero likes this.
  33. domtronzero

domtronzero Member

It don't matter to me much. I still want :)
  34. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Member

Too early to declare how badly it's fallen off? ;)
  35. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Member

bull----, I love that beer to death and I've had at least one a month, not fallen off at all.

(and yes, I get from your *wink* that there was a touch of sarcasm)
  36. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Member

Entirely sarcastic, actually :D. I'm hoarding my last couple bottles for my wedding this year.
  37. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Member

See I got the chance when they had it on tap so I knew of the deliciousness, and when they opened it up to free for all buying of the remaining bottles, I snatched up a case. My roommate likes to joke that I could (and would) bathe in it.

My beer for my wedding this year will be GM and WC (if it lasts)
  38. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Member

I live just down the street from the tasting room, probably had an entire bottles worth of the RS free pours before we could pick ours up. Assuming a similar release schedule, I'll be able to re-up before the big day in October.

Also, congratulations!
  39. StarRaptor

StarRaptor Member

40. DovaliHops

DovaliHops Member

Filmishmish is delicious.
    Beerandraiderfan and Carbon14 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.