1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

The Bruery Announcements/Allocations

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by tbadiuk, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

lol, fuckin classic!
  2. Yep. One of my top 5 Bruery sours.
  3. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

They release allocations, but no Chocolate Rain? WHERE IS CHOCOLATE RAIN???
  4. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

So anybody had these?

Imperial Loakal Red [​IMG]
    RS - 1 bottle limit / HS 2 bottle limit
    12% abv, best enjoyed within 6 months
    This beer is very limited and will not be sold outside of our Tasting Room

Imperial Loakal Red is just what you expect, a bigger, maltier, more intense version of our hoppy, oaky red ale. Coming in at nearly double the abv of regular Loakal Red, this beer retains the essence of the base beer with notes of citrus, vanilla and oak, but brings it all to that next level. Definitely a great one to share with friends.

We do apologize for the low allocation number on this beer. We expected to have more, but sometimes things don't go quite as planned when brewing a new beer. We hope to offer you higher allocation numbers on most beers this year.

Mrs. Stoutfire - A collaboration with Beachw[​IMG]ood BBQ & Brewing
    RS - 3 bottle limit / HS 6 bottle limit
    9.5% abv, best enjoyed within 2 years
    This beer will see extremely limited distribution in Southern California

For our first local collaboration beer of 2012, we teamed up with our good friends at Beachwood Brewing in Long Beach, CA. We've worked with these folks on a number of small batch brews, beer dinners and general shenanigans for many years and it was really exciting to sit down and work on a full scale project with them for the first time. What we ended up with is an imperial smoked stout, but of course it wasn't that simple. We smoked our own malt on the same smoker and with the same blend of three different woods that Beachwood uses for their award winning BBQ - apple, white oak and pecan. We then aged the beer on those same three types of wood. The resulting stout is hearty and wonderful, balancing the rich, meaty smokiness with the sweetness of the malt.
  5. I sure hope Preservation Society doesn't get any Imperial Loakal Red considering the limit both for HS and RS.
  6. stupac2

It's explicitly listed as one of their beers.
  7. Cinderbike

Cinderbike Savant (270) Nevada Jan 16, 2011

Me too, wish I had more.
  8. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

well seeing as Loakal Red sucks im not holding my breath for this one...
  9. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (360) California Mar 13, 2009

Haha, my thoughts exactly.
  10. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

agree. tried it at the tasting room... meh. no thanks.
  11. PMR

PMR Savant (285) California Mar 31, 2005

It's being bottled this week, but it'll take awhile to wax it all. Expect to see Chocolate Rain sometime in April.

Cheers,
    Patrick
    thetastywort, huadog, smonice and 9 others like this.
  12. It also explicitly states the beers are subject to change.
    DovaliHops likes this.
  13. Wait, HS members get to buy 24 bottles of White Oak while we are stuck with a measly 12?!? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Plus, I hate smoked beers, so this means I'll only get to spend $15 on bruery beers this month, while a white oak and smoked stout loving HS member gets to spend $600 of their annual salary. This injustice shall not stand!
    luwak likes this.
  14. One of the guy's I trustee for bought a bunch of Sour N Rye's. He would of broke even and saved on shipping costs if he bought locally.

I'm excited about the imperial Loakal red and any the collab with beachwood sounds great. Julian really nailed the smoked saison, the stout could be something great.
  15. vacax

vacax Advocate (620) California Jun 3, 2008

I haven't had the smoked stout but potentially it has potential for a massive smoke bomb. Seeing how it will have some local distribution my inclination is to buy one and see what I am getting into. Even if I dig it, I need to like it more than Smoking Wood before I go on a purchase spree here. That or it is the next Bar Fly, wales bro!

Speaking of Beachwood, nobody on BA has noticed the waels that is Barrel Aged Full Malted Jacket. 160 bottles madwaels.
    ehammond1 likes this.
  16. Hey, I think I just produced the next whale - a 120 bottle run brewed in my hot tub called WhaleBait - a tasty smoked anchovy porter with a hint of octupus. This will be perfect trading material; the walez won't be able to resist it.
    SwillinBrew likes this.
  17. vacax

Sounds like walechum for sheezy
  18. SHODriver

SHODriver Savant (420) Louisiana Aug 13, 2010

I love beer but I can think of better things to spend money on than super exclusive beers...
    ehammond1 likes this.
  19. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

Yes. Like...anything important.
    luwak likes this.
  20. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Savant (250) California Jul 7, 2012

Between the lines for citra and CFH, I'll gladly pay 295+ in order to guarantee the beers I want without having to spend 12+ hours of my life (potentially closer to 24 with travel time) in order to just have a chance at picking up some bottles.

HS/RS drama is irrelevant to the decisions as to exactly how highly I value my time, especially when it's time off work.
  21. heatwaves

heatwaves Savant (280) California Oct 17, 2009

My thoughts exactly. After the Citra release I promised myself that I'd never wait in a shitshow line like that again. I almost broke that promise as I was seriously considering leaving my house at 5am for CFH. So glad I didn't because I would have been shit out of luck and have to make a re-promise.
    DovaliHops likes this.
  22. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (585) California Oct 17, 2010

I feel like the only person who actually liked loakal red, I am so stoked about the impy version. I'm surprised it's numbers are so low honestly, I thought we'd have an option to buy a ton (and even see some distro like sour n the rye)

Still excited for my one bottle, hopin to have is with loakal red :)

I'm liking these allocation numbers tho, 3 smoked stout sounds perfect. Also like the heads up of what the distro is looking like for these beers aswell, sometimes it'd be cheaper for me just to buy a bottle locally (or break even)
  23. 160 bottles? Are you sure about that?
  24. Nah, I think that's just a blurb in case you want to cellar a beer that they say is best fresh :rolleyes:
  25. vacax

Trying to look for where that number came from, it may have been what we were told at the brewpub. But yes, I definitely remember the number 160.
  26. Maybe they were referring to the barrel aged version? I would be shocked if they only bottled 160 of them.
  27. vacax

We are talking about the Barrel Aged version
    ehammond1, eyeenjoybeer and RedBeeron like this.
  28. yeah, the regular is out and about in various shops. I picked up two from Bill's over the weekend. Man, I wanna try the BA version.
  29. Clearly, I am half blind. I guess thats what happens when you have beer for breakfast
  30. My wife love loakal red, but didn't like the imperial at all.

When they say there is a 1 bottle RS limit and this won't be sold out side of the tasting room, does that mean it will be public sale, just not get distro? Or is it one for RS, but also sold in the tasting room after?
  31. I doubt it's going to be sold in anything but Hoarders, RS and Preservation. Which already seems like you're stretching it thin. I mean, besides dumping it into Trader Joe's, what more distribution does a bruery beer get besides bottle sales at the tasting room?
  32. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (470) California Dec 11, 2010

I won't be buying any of these. There's better stuff I can spend my money on, like more Melange 3.
  33. I know several places that get Bruery bottles. Although it seems the are bottles I only see for public sale in the tasting room or at provisions when it was open that doesn't get distro. How they worded it just sounded like they would also have it for sale at the tasting room to me. I honestly hope it doesn't count as one of our membership only beers.
  34. Provision/Preservation and collaboration beers have never been exclusive to the society - outside of ISO:FT.
  35. stupac2

That beer is so good.
    KevSal likes this.
  36. I thought Imperial Loakal Red was pretty tasty. It tasted completely different from regular Loakal Red to me. Even my friend who hates the original thought the Imperial version was good.
  37. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (470) California Dec 11, 2010

The 2011 Melange 3 at the Initiation Party was one of my top 3 beers of the day. Absolutely fantastic with a little age on it.
    ehammond1 likes this.
  38. stupac2

I like it just fine fresh. I keep being sorely tempted to buy more, but I have enough as it is.
    ehammond1 likes this.
  39. rrryanc

rrryanc Savant (400) California May 19, 2006

I'm right there with you. Still have nearly a case and a half. It is one of my girlfriend's favorites though...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.