The Bruery BW XII Re-Release

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by waltersrj, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2010 Washington

11:02: Arrived with about 20 people in front of me.
    11:05: Said hello to Doug, Bill, Brian, Greg, etc. The Usuals.
    11:06: Grabbed my 3 bottles.
    11:10: No Julian?
    11:13: Paid and out the door.
    11:25: Exit QFC with lunch in tow.
    11:50: Finish delicious sandwich.
    11:51: Begin creating this thread.

Thanks to Sean and Trevor for an easy and enjoyable release.

Peace out,

Ryan

12:00 pm: Hype the shit out of these (even though it was a million bottle release) and trade for WhAeLz.

2. Orca

Orca Grand Pooh-Bah (4,441) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society

I was wondering when this thread would pop up. I know there's 40 cases but I'm still not going to assume any will be left when I get there around 5 p.m. As usual, fingers crossed as I sit patiently in my cubicle.

3. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2009 Washington

Since I struck out on Seahawks tickets yesterday I decided to pull the trigger on a bottle of 2001 Cab Franc BA Leviathan as well.

Love Seattle beer releases!

mdaschaf likes this.
  4. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2010 Washington

I had it a few weekends ago along with BA Poseidon 01 and BA Old Woody 01 and all 3 are awesome though Levi takes the crown.

bfg75 likes this.
  5. podunkparte

Good to hear. I had BA Monkfish along with Eve a few weeks ago and both were way over the hill but it was awesome to even try them.

6. adkieffer

adkieffer Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2010 Washington

Just left there. Only 4 of us in there. I think they will last till after 5pm

7. Lansman

Lansman Savant (1,104) Mar 19, 2011 Missouri
    Trader

Along these lines, what is the etiquette here for when we see bottles in the area? For instance, there is an uber-secret BA society in Michigan that does not post anything related to bottle releases as they take place in the area (Bells, etc.). In Chicago, special bottle releases or events have their own thread which, depending on the brew, can extend to several pages before someone comes along who is upset for not getting any and the thread is ultimately taken down. It doesn't seem like there is much posting here with regard to things being tapped but, sometimes with things being released in bottles, a thread is created. I just want to make sure I abide by the unwritten Northwest BA code. :slight_smile:

8. podunkparte

They sound like a bunch of douchebags.

9. Lansman

Trader

Some of the BAs are very nice, but they fear for not being included on future Private Message correspondence by posting something, so the overall pressure in not posting anything trumps any information they would otherwise share. I believe this is the very definition of a Catch-22.

10. Orca

Pooh-Bah Society

This is literally the first time I've known about an upcoming release where a thread wasn't posted about it weeks in advance. I hope it's not a sign of things to come. And before you ask, the only reason I didn't post anything before the release was out of a strange, academic curiosity to see if anyone else would. Maybe everyone was just playing "chicken" this time. :wink:

11. podunkparte

Well whomever started the whole "keep everything secret so only we know what's happening" idea is definitely a douchebag. The others should remind that person that being generous and willing to help other people out is better than hoarding every release.

12. camil1mj

camil1mj Initiate (0) Oct 4, 2010 Michigan

You might not feel the same if the FIBs were always trying to swoop in and buy up all of the great local releases before you got to them as well

elephantrider likes this.
  13. Orca

Pooh-Bah Society

What's a FIB? (Sorry, I live in Seattle)

14. podunkparte

So? They're douchebags too.

"2 douchebags don't make a right" - Confucius

libbey and BillHilly like this.
  15. Lansman

Trader

Derogatory reference to those living in Illinois going up to Michigan for bottle releases.

16. Orca

Pooh-Bah Society

There's an actual term for that? Now I have to wonder what Portlanders call Washingtonians who drive down for releases. You know, since there's no rare beer in WA.

17. camil1mj

If trying to help local beer needs get a great beer before the FIBs and the rest of the world knows about it makes me a DB that's absolutely fine with me. I'm a self proclaimed DB then. Woo hoo!

raymo55, Marti403 and elephantrider like this.
  18. camil1mj

Oddly enough: it isn't even specific to beer releases. It is a widely used term.

19. podunkparte

Justify it anyway you want, I'm just happy things don't happen that way around here. I've been talking about the BWXII re-release since I heard about it in different places and if someone wants to drive 100 miles to come get some too that's their prerogative. As long as they're not paying homeless people off the streets to collect cases upon cases of something unfairly I see nothing wrong with a person from a different area traveling to buy beer.

litheum94, libbey, Eighty and 2 others like this.
  20. Orca

Pooh-Bah Society

Dammit. I was just about to call my "friend" Bryan who hangs around in the Wallingford QFC parking lot, since I'm stuck at work all day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.