1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

The end is near...soon. Vertical Epic time!

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Mebuzzard, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,030) Colorado May 19, 2005

So, apparently in December the world is to end. How unfortunate. But at least Stone has thought ahead and prepared a going away party, of sorts. With their Vertical Epic series, the end can be dismissed as a hangover cure for all time.

With the end approaching, what do y'all (in Colorado/Denver) think about trying to get a Vertical Epic tasting together? I don't have the whole line, maybe 5 or years, but would like to see them gone for a) tasting them and b) making room in my "cellar"

Any ideas?

2. Steve_0

Steve_0 Savant (275) Colorado Mar 14, 2012

Sounds like a good idea, although I have to say in the past year I have had '05-'11 and they are not holding up well at all. Very poorly designed idea.

yeahnatenelson and tacosandbeer like this.
  3. only have the '10 to contribute, but id be keen!

4. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (315) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

I would pay my way into this in beer, but I think I'll be able to get the gist of it from everyone on BA posting their collective disappointment at once. Come to think of it, the Internet might explode before the Earth does.

5. biking4beer

biking4beer Savant (385) Colorado Oct 5, 2006

Might be fun. I think I only have 7s left. Couldn't let the others sit. Probably shouldn't have left that 7 sit either. They just didn't seem like they were really getting better. Still a cool concept.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  6. biking4beer

Just checked, and I have a 6 too, which iirc, was one of my favorites of the ones I had. Although, 6 years is a long time for most beers.

7. I have been waiting for these reviews forever.... muahahaha

8. biking4beer

Guessing some will be pretty bad?

ShogoKawada likes this.
  9. TicoCali

TicoCali Savant (460) California Jul 25, 2010

Cant wait to hear the outcome

10. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Advocate (735) Colorado Jun 9, 2006

Just wait until people do the Bruery 12 days of Christmas vertical, I predict a lot of .rar walez dissapointment. :cool:

tacosandbeer likes this.
  11. those beers have a halfway decent chance at aging OK... VE on the other hand...

tacosandbeer likes this.
  12. Oh wait I was thinking of the anniv. beers. Yeah, 12 days of xmas is gonna be funny too.

ArrogantB likes this.
  13. Who's ready to drink a 10+ year old Witbier????