1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

The generous merc7186

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by vurt, Dec 19, 2012.

1. vurt

vurt Savant (495) Oregon Apr 11, 2004

Just wanted to give a shout of thanks to the generous merc7186. I arranged to send him a couple beers he'd referred to as his personal "white whales" in a thread over in the Beer Talk forum a while back. In return he said he would bury me in an "avalanche of beer," and that's pretty much what he did. I just opened a box which contained (among other things) bottles of Bourbon County Stout, Breakfast Stout, Backwoods Bastard and Bolt Cutter, and several cans of Sixpoint brews I'd been wanting to try.

Got an old bottle or two which you don't think you'll get around to opening and which someone else thinks is a whale? Pack it up and ship it to them. You'll be happy 'cause you did a good thing. They'll be thrilled because they landed one of their whales without giving up arms/legs/vital organs. And you just might end up getting buried in an avalanche of beer.

Thanks, Merc.

merc7186, cavedave, HYPNOTOAD and 6 others like this.
  2. merc7186

merc7186 Savant (345) New York Dec 5, 2010

Are you serious, you gifted me my top Want and I was the one being generous??? I was just trying to repay you for your generous gift....beer karma is great.

Thanks for everything Vurt.

3. Generous wouldn't be the first word that I'd use with Merc ;), but its one of them.

libbey, Pdiddey3d and Fujii13 like this.