1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

The Hunt for Good Beer in Okinawa, Japan

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Thirsty_Teacher, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Thirsty_Teacher

Thirsty_Teacher Disciple (60) Oct 19, 2012

2. Thirsty_Teacher

Here is a great store that I have managed to locate here on the tiny island of Okinawa, Japan. In this thread, I am interested in seeing how many different beers are are available here and the location of these meccas so that the people living here know where to go for decent beer selection.
    [​IMG]
    Here are the coordinates to the store: 26°20'26.80"N, 127°48'32.36"E

The selection of beer you will find here:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please add any other stores and coordinates to this thread that offer any unique variety of beer. Again, I want to help everyone gain easier access to good beer on Okinawa.

3. CraftBeerTrader

CraftBeerTrader Aspirant (25) Oct 31, 2012

If you're interested in locally produced beer in Okinawa, there's always Helios brewery. They have their own restaurant. Might be worth a visit, if you're interested in checking out their offerings!

You might also try http://www.craftbeertrader.com. We're up and coming and trying to get the word (and the good beer) out across the nation.

Thirsty_Teacher likes this.
  4. Thirsty_Teacher

Today I visited one of the largest Alteck Liquor stores in Okinaw, which is located in Naha city.

Here are the coordinates: 26°11'34.78"N, 127°39'41.02"E

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I took pictures of beer that is out of the ordinary here on Okinawa and here is the line up!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bubbalito likes this.